Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using KB-1 with PC DAW via USB

I’ve tried connecting via usb with camera connection, and direct via lighting/usb, no joy, with either Waveform 9, or FL 20.
Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• I’m told (KB1) website that usb connect from iPad works but...not yet

• I find that MIDI over wifi works great - often with negligible latency vs. USB.

• edited January 2019

@vitocorleone123 said:
    I find that MIDI over wifi works great - often with negligible latency vs. USB.

My experience with WiFi has been a pain - setup wise but might be worth another try

I’m old school I guess, using usb with a hardware controller is my default...

• I think you might be facing the OS X IDAM (Inter-device Audio/MIDI) learning curve. There are videos to help. I tried it to use the iPads/iPhone I own as sound modules for Logic but I suspect KB-1 will work but not sure what the steps are.

• edited January 2019

@McDtracy said:
    I think you might be facing the OS X IDAM (Inter-device Audio/MIDI) learning curve. There are videos to help. I tried it to use the iPads/iPhone I own as sound modules for Logic but I suspect KB-1 will work but not sure what the steps are.

I’m on PC...I feel as if I’ve used USB with another midi app into PC DAW, but memory doesn’t serve so well anymore. The DAW isn’t detecting the iPad etc

• Hello,
    Here a video I made to connect an iPad via USB to a Mac.
    Audio Midi Setup / Audio Device / Enable iPad

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@Littlewoodg said:

@McDtracy said:
    I think you might be facing the OS X IDAM (Inter-device Audio/MIDI) learning curve. There are videos to help. I tried it to use the iPads/iPhone I own as sound modules for Logic but I suspect KB-1 will work but not sure what the steps are.

I’m on PC...I feel as if I’ve used USB with another midi app into PC DAW, but memory doesn’t serve so well anymore. The DAW isn’t detecting the iPad etc

You would have to use something like MidiMux / StudioMux for that. A PC isn’t going to recognize an iOS device as a MIDI controller without it.

I’ve had OK luck with MidiMux, but some people have a hard time getting it to work and be stable.

• @wim said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@McDtracy said:

You would have to use something like MidiMux / StudioMux for that. A PC isn’t going to recognize an iOS device as a MIDI controller without it.

I’ve had OK luck with MidiMux, but some people have a hard time getting it to work and be stable.

Thnx comrade