Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sonar works True-Fi App

Just tried this with some Hesh2 Bluetooth cans. The app claims the provide a flat studio response on any headphones. Despite my initial scepticism must admit that the app makes a massive difference. Only problem being that the mobile version only works with Spotify unlimited and local music files. Currently free pre launch. Will eventually be on a subscription basis or £79 for lifetime licence. Suggest you give it a whirl

Comments

• I’m not sure how I feel about the app. I probably won’t ever mix with my Bose Qv35s so don’t need flat response. Maybe others do. For listening to music, it seems like they bring out the high end a bit better but I’m not sure that’s worth $80.

• edited January 2019

Tried it just out of curiosity. Do NOT like what it does to Sony MDR 7506es. It ruins the bass response, which is what I love about that model. Everything else seems blurry and slightly out of focus.

My ears are too calibrated to those phones after years of use; I don't know if I could even switch headphones at this point.

• edited January 2019

I do love however that my Spotify saved albums are sorted by most recently saved...an option I wish was in the Spotify app. I save stuff all the time to go back and listen to only to forget the names of the stuff I've saved.

• edited January 2019

For mixing music: you want a flat response. In a studio, you'd use room treatment. When mobile, or if you can't use room treatment, you use headphones. Headphones are notoriously NOT flat. In order to create better mixes, you need to get to know how your headphones translate to representative output devices. To make life easier, use software to "correct" your headphones to be as flat as possible, and, once used to it, you'll make better mixes faster (of course there's always exceptions). I've not used True-Fi, but I've used Sonarworks on the desktop

I'm not sure if True-Fi is more for listening or for mixing- in other words, if it goes for full flat or flattens then applies a normal curve that boosts bass and treble, etc.