Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave needs MIDI learn.

Keeping the request simple:

8 Triggers for turning loops on/off.

8 volume controls.

8 pan controls.

This would make me so happy. I have about twenty significant ideas for the app, but this would make it so much smoother live.
Make it an IAP. Easy peasy.

And um... Change back to the original icon.

Comments

• @FlightManual said:
    Keeping the request simple:

8 Triggers for turning loops on/off.

8 volume controls.

8 pan controls.

This would make me so happy. I have about twenty significant ideas for the app, but this would make it so much smoother live.
    Make it an IAP. Easy peasy.

And um... Change back to the original icon.

Midi Learn in Blocs & GrooveBox is top of my Ampify wishlist.

• I also wish we could swipe to rearrange the order of the loops and have the option of keeping the same volume/eq settings when replacing loops with new samples

• What about via the new AB3 IAP? Any options there?

• @gusgranite said:
    What about via the new AB3 IAP? Any options there?

Yes:

All of those buttons are midi controllable.

• @mistercharlie said:

@gusgranite said:
    What about via the new AB3 IAP? Any options there?

Yes:

All of those buttons are midi controllable.

Wait what?

• @mistercharlie I kind of used your idea for my latest video. I had alreasy planned on a video about the midi learn IAP but this thread and your comment sparked the angle.

• @gmslayton said:
    @mistercharlie I kind of used your idea for my latest video. I had alreasy planned on a video about the midi learn IAP but this thread and your comment sparked the angle.

👍 Very cool.

• edited January 2019

But does this turn all 8 on or off (edit: individually, using assigned pads) with a controller? I don't see how: how do you get the controller to trigger each one during a performance?

Still bought the IAP to support Audiobus. Respek!

• ampify only seems to care about selling sound packs and not improving their app. Every update is total b.s. neither launchpad or blocs have had an update that improved them or acknowledged the user requests.

• edited January 2019

So just to update future seekers of solutions:

The MIDI IAP in Audiobus 3 does not allow you to turn individual loops on and off via different triggers. The MIDI shortcut simply switches between their 8 loops. That doesn't have much use at all. So that's that. Grrr.

FYI: The record button is kinda dangerous to trigger, because it will record over any loop that is armed, and you can lose what you have very fast.