Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Namm Akai stuff maybe

Comments

• edited January 2019

If this is real its gonna set right beside my mpclive! Maybe this is why ableton isnt on ipad...its in stand alone hardware :)!

Well there goes sleep for months, ty namm!

• edited January 2019

It seems old prototype never released from one of music tech blogger owners info I had... but that means if one day becomes a reality could have different shape. Said that let’s hope this is intentional leak from Akai to tease people for CES/NAMM...

• Im sorry but that is the ugliest thing ive ever seen

• http://cdm.link/2019/01/ableton-apc-live-leak/

But again, check my IG to see the comment from respected blogger about insiders related to this.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Im sorry but that is the ugliest thing ive ever seen

lol isn't it!

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

http://cdm.link/2019/01/ableton-apc-live-leak/

But again, check my IG to see the comment from respected blogger about insiders related to this.

That’s a shame as it looks interesting, perhaps there’s hope in the remark about not seeing it in “that form”, maybe Akai have a different design in the pipeline ? I’d certainly be tempted to purchase one if that was the case, perhaps even trade in my MPC Live if it had better functionality...

• I might be a buyer for this...

• It has nothing to do with Ableton, FWIW. Supposedly it's just the guts from an MPC Live ...

• @CRAKROX agreed...

@Tarekith even so it could be better than mpclive against djs1000

• I think what akai needs to do is go on a serious diet because in this day and age there is no reason for the mpc live or this new thing whatever it might be to be so thick.... look at how thin laptops are, iPads, and even ableton push. I've seen pre-designs that akai was thinking about before they decided on the current mpc live and all of them were less bulky and thinner. They will really shoot themselves in the foot if they keep improving the software but don't make the hardware light and something that you want to keep on your person at all times. Look at their mpx series (not mpc-x) that is how their new mpcs should be in thinness

• @kobamoto said:
    I think what akai needs to do is go on a serious diet because in this day and age there is no reason for the mpc live or this new thing whatever it might be to be so thick.... look at how thin laptops are, iPads, and even ableton push. I've seen pre-designs that akai was thinking about before they decided on the current mpc live and all of them were less bulky and thinner. They will really shoot themselves in the foot if they keep improving the software but don't make the hardware light and something that you want to keep on your person at all times. Look at their mpx series (not mpc-x) that is how their new mpcs should be in thinness

For me the best approach was mpc fly. New mpc live/X are old touch/reinnassence with computer ducktaped... I’m agree with you @kobamoto but the moment you need laptop features (extra ports, integrated audio midi interface...) adds an extra pcb and weight... but maybe it’s just the workflow source with needs rework...? See Roger Line Tempest mockups too. Maybe the best approach could be intel nu with mpc studio and phone as screen? My set was more or less that (and still has part of it) over some years with traktor, traxus, splashtop and is200 dock/audio4dj...

Minimum expression maximum software could be akai amx, mpd/mpc studio and windows tablet or nuc/phone combo? How do you see it?

• I just think there is room in the market for it but that they prefer heavier machines because they feel it's more robust but it doesn't have to be that way.. there is more than enough room for good i/o here

• I think there are still too many separate parts needed for a seamless ios mobile experience unless you're not looking for tactility... that's probably why remix live devs are slow on the midi controller uptake

• Something in between price/feats will be awesome for sure.

• What troubles me is this thing only seems
    To have 1 xlr audio in?! No stereo in?!

• edited January 2019

Aren’t most hardware synths and instruments mono out?

• Most synths are stereo out these days.

• Hrmmm best take back my Minilogue then 🤪

• @kobamoto said:
    I just think there is room in the market for it but that they prefer heavier machines because they feel it's more robust but it doesn't have to be that way.. there is more than enough room for good i/o here

See that right there could be a smokin lil portable sampler. I would love a lil modern MPC the size of the MPC500 (but not that damn heavy) to bump around in my backpack with the SP404sx.

• Maybe they could even build out something with a mini touch screen the size of iPhone SE or something. The 16 pad matrix on the MPD218 is pretty well spaced and doesnt feel cramped, adding an iphone size touch screen onto that design would be fire

• those are my thoughts as well, I prefer the 16 pad matrix and they could add an bunch of step buttons under that like on the toraiz... I think they are so afraid of losing the core of the mpc ethos and that it's holding them back. They could have made the mpx 16 much better , all they did was leave out the sequencer but they were to scared to go there, at the same time they are trying to break out of the stagnation as evidenced by the existence of the mpx series, the mpc live and x , and whatever this new thing is. I hope this new mpc push or whatever doesn't sour them on the development side cause I think it looks ridiculous and unless it's very small, light, and portable I'd rather have both an mpc live and an ableton push instead of that, it looks like a bad idea to me

• @MrSmileZ said:
    What troubles me is this thing only seems
    To have 1 xlr audio in?! No stereo in?!

It has a number 2 over the XLR input on the pic so there’s probably 2

• @echoopera said:
    Hrmmm best take back my Minilogue then 🤪

Nah, just get a second one for the right channel.

• @Tarekith said:

@echoopera said:
    Hrmmm best take back my Minilogue then 🤪

Nah, just get a second one for the right channel.

Doh. That’s right and then i can do Dueling Synths in my studio🤪

• edited January 2019

@kobamoto and @TheDubbyLabby i can see that you guys have never opened up a mpc x or live. They have to be this thick to support all the inputs and output from audio and midi. Hold a touch screen motherboard and battery for the live. With enough air flow to not overheat. The only way to.make it thinner is to go apple with breakout cables. Would you guys prefer that? I had the live and now the mpc x they are not that big for what they hold and can do. You can't compare them to the new MPDs these are just controllers. Look what happened to any hardware that did not have a Full usb port. The mini USB broke. As an engineer I can tell that sometimes with components the design cannot be as portable as you would like. If the components are not small how do you expect the hardware to be small? If they went on to design their own flatter components we wouldn't be able to afford a MPC X or Live. We would have to pay more money towards the design and development of flatter parts and wait way longer for a product to come out. I don't think you guys understand how long that works. At my job we started development on a new radar which they plan to start production in about 5 years.

• @hansjbs said:
    @kobamoto and @TheDubbyLabby i can see that you guys have never opened up a mpc x or live. They have to be this thick to support all the inputs and output from audio and midi. Hold a touch screen motherboard and battery for the live. With enough air flow to not overheat. The only way to.make it thinner is to go apple with breakout cables. Would you guys prefer that? I had the live and now the mpc x they are not that big for what they hold and can do. You can't compare them to the new MPDs these are just controllers. Look what happened to any hardware that did not have a Full usb port. The mini USB broke. As an engineer I can tell that sometimes with components the design cannot be as portable as you would like. If the components are not small how do you expect the hardware to be small? If they went on to design their own flatter components we wouldn't be able to afford a MPC X or Live. We would have to pay more money towards the design and development of flatter parts and wait way longer for a product to come out. I don't think you guys understand how long that works. At my job we started development on a new radar which they plan to start production in about 5 years.

+1

not to mention that you can put a hard drive inside mpc live. The whole idea of an mpc is that its an standalone unit, which has enough inputs/outputs, can expand its storage to your needs etc. whats expected from unit marketed at high end standalone hardware.

It is technically possible to create a machine thats as small as an ipad with same processing power and battery life, then integrate slim pads to it, maybe a breakout box for other ports than headphone out and micro sd memory to keep it as small as possible. But developing such a machine is not very realistic at this time and age imo

• @hansjbs said:

First of all...

I expent last 15 years opening everything, most of the time fixing things, sometimes breaking things and last years hacking things to build my own solutions. Worked in different technology projects and lived the worst part from inside. I know what I’m talking about... but anyways if you recheck my comments you will find I’m mostly agreed with your analisys. Also you will notice I proposed proved solutions not wishful thinking.

I have 2 engineeren brothers (1 hard 1 soft) and I had this discussion soooo many times about the years. Let me say Radars aren’t instruments for good and for bad sides. :wink:

Said that it is obvious users will had dissapointment from features or price. Even Apple has suffering this over their history and any tool isn’t perfect but some had the right balance between features/specs/compromises and price.

Probably we will see in the future a product more suitable for @kobamoto needs or maybe it’s already done but out of his pocket. In my case I have so clear what my needs and what my flaws are than I expent time discussing at forums dumb (and old) things to forget about my _life matters. Sorry if that made you feel I was just a teenager asking for the moon...

That’s why ended asking about rethinking the workflow. I was never a true HipHop head even in my teenager. I’m more a forward dreamer getting old and learning living life with less in each side of it.

For me this Akai (or whatever finally gets released) could be a nice tool to ditch definetly iDevices on stage but I don’t care if not. If I need something in the future I will put it in the business plan and that’s it. If I can make it profitable I could afford it, if not then I just don’t care.

Life is too short to wait for others solutions. Make your own or hire someone to make it for you. If you don’t have the confidence to see how it’s up to one then you don’t deserve it (ok maybe it’s a bit too much but I think the message is clear for anyone in the same vibration). In fact I have more tools that I use so probably some of them aren’t necessary at this point of my life :lol:

• @ToMess said:
    It is technically possible to create a machine thats as small as an ipad with same processing power and battery life, then integrate slim pads to it, maybe a breakout box for other ports than headphone out and micro sd memory to keep it as small as possible. But developing such a machine is not very realistic at this time and age imo

That’s were I disagree. It’s just a matter of market. If enough people thinks it’s useful and are willing to pay for it then realistic is the most suitable word for that.
    What makes it less profitable is actual solutions to that problem being Apple the most valuable proposal. Which I try to point asking for embedding platform to compite is just that suposition. For me Apple isn’t that reliable option anymore and had make lots of mistakes over the years (mfi, port changes, ram limitations, store limitations...) so I can see a brand taking the gauntlet and saying let’s do it.

Akai is doing that more or less but struggling with its own fails and economic strategy. Maybe they can release something like that but probably it will be the worst strategy for them.

It’s like expect a new groovebox from Roland putting the best of Variphrase, RC looping, shape of sp808... it’s better to look into Pioneer or Elektron... or even EHX! :lol:

• edited January 2019

@hansjbs

I'll just leave this here, didn't you guys see the pic I posted earlier, they've already done it. There are already 2 models in this series the mpx-8 and the mpx- 16 which is the one in this video, look at all of the I/0 on it, and it even has onboard storage and an sd slot like the mpc live and x... it's definitely possible already for them to make something between this and the mpc live that could fit the bill of what I'm talking about. If they had put the core mpc sequencer in this I'd have one already cause it just about has everything else and would be the perfect on the go machine

look at how thin this thing is compared to kaoss pads and volcas