Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus vs. AUM for MIDI learn

Short version: do you prefer controlling AUM or AB3 with a MIDI controller like NanoKontrol 2? And why?

Long version:

AB3’s new MIDI learn is amazing. So amazing that I bought a Korg NanoKontrol 2 to use with it. I have a question on usage that more experienced folks might be able to help with.

I currently use AB3 to host apps and audio units. Then I send them to AUM for recording, and/or further routing through effects busses etc.

Would you recommend using the NanoKontrol’s faders to contro volume in AUM, or in AB3?

Currently I have the Nanokontrol faders and mute buttons set to control volume and mute in AB3’s mixer.

Then, I have the Solo button set to switch to the app in that channel. Channel 2 is Blocs Wave, for example, so hitting channel 2’s Solo button switches to Blocs.

The channel Record Enable buttons are set to Record Enable in AUM, and the pan knobs are set to control bus-send levels in AUM.

I wonder what the advantages/disadvantages of this approach might be?

Comments