Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• looks useful actually.

• There is a free 'Lite' version that has been around for a while by the looks of it.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    There is a free 'Lite' version that has been around for a while by the looks of it.

yeah.. but the lite and 2.99 versions are only single waveform and not multitrack..
    I am sort of interested in this.. the “merge” button on the ui looks like it could be a ‘mixdown in place’ kind of thing which is missing from various other editing options.. the website doesn’t have any info on it yet.. at £15 it needs some vids and a manual downloadable to be persuasive.. maybe it’s one of those that we have to risk purchasing just to check functionality and request refund if it is a half baked attempt..
    i often wish Wooji Juice would have combined their Ferrite app with the hokusai functionality to give us the Cool Edit on ios I would dearly love to see.. instead of two different apps covering ‘nearly’ the same arena!!
    thanks @White for pointing this app out.. it’s a definite hmmmmmm from me :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    There is a free 'Lite' version that has been around for a while by the looks of it.

yeah.. but the lite and 2.99 versions are only single waveform and not multitrack..
    I am sort of interested in this.. the “merge” button on the ui looks like it could be a ‘mixdown in place’ kind of thing which is missing from various other editing options.. the website doesn’t have any info on it yet.. at £15 it needs some vids and a manual downloadable to be persuasive.. maybe it’s one of those that we have to risk purchasing just to check functionality and request refund if it is a half baked attempt..
    i often wish Wooji Juice would have combined their Ferrite app with the hokusai functionality to give us the Cool Edit on ios I would dearly love to see.. instead of two different apps covering ‘nearly’ the same arena!!

Trying the free version would give some idea of what the editing is like I guess, how easy it is to be accurate with cuts etc...and what sharing options are like...
    The multi track aspect is interesting and record during playback is interesting too for an audio editor....I do wonder how this works, can it resample ? or is it record a new track from line in while hearing playback from others....
    Either could prove to be useful

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Trying the free version would give some idea of what the editing is like I guess, how easy it is to be accurate with cuts etc...and what sharing options are like...
    The multi track aspect is interesting and record during playback is interesting too for an audio editor....I do wonder how this works, can it resample ? or is it record a new track from line in while hearing playback from others....

trying the free version doesn’t give much confidence.. firstly NON of the effects, speed or pitching can be used without paying the 2.99 toll.. plus you can cut sections from the file BUT there is no function to paste that bit of audio or anything else into the wav..
    no paste! no haste ..to purchase that is :)
    on the plus side it will export as MP3! and record as mp3..
    have emailed dev for more info.. not sure of timezone so we will see..

• edited January 2019

how stable is it though?

itunes description says it can record audio from other apps, how does it do that?

does it have the option to edit audio both destructively and non-destructively?

if it's stable could be nice, didn't see anything about slicing though... $15 bucks :#
    I hope the dev follows your email back to this thread and comes to chat about the app.

• @RockySmalls said:
    have emailed dev for more info.. not sure of timezone so we will see..

@kobamoto said:
    I hope the dev follows your email back to this thread and comes to chat about the app.

Here's hoping !

• I am the developer of EZAudioCut(MT).

• The "Merge" is join the audio clips to one clip. It Opposite operation of slit.

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

• @kobamoto said:
    how stable is it though?

itunes description says it can record audio from other apps, how does it do that?

does it have the option to edit audio both destructively and non-destructively?

if it's stable could be nice, didn't see anything about slicing though... $15 bucks :#

well he/she did reply.. “at the moment I only have a simple version of the introduction, more detailed features and videos have not yet been completed. I will send you a copy when I have finished.”
    and then sent the quickstart pdf in english and chinese.. I have put the english one on my dropbox here:
    https://dropbox.com/s/2d1claz6h2u5cdk/EZaudioCutMT-QuickStart_En.pdf

for anyone thats curious.. it seems to follow the cool edit/audition paradigm ( in simple terms ) in that the wavs on the multitrack can be entered in another window to do more detailed editing..
    £15 is maybe not a suck it and see price.. but some people might like a simple multi lane wav editor that doesn’t have all the paraphernalia of cubasis or auria etc!??

• @ruomu said:
    I am the developer of EZAudioCut(MT).

ah! hello.. and thanks for the pdf.. studying it now..

• It record from the microphone(or line in device) while playing audio clips on the track. It will resample audio to 44.1k.
    In the case of no jailbreak in iOS, it is impossible to capture audio from the sound played by the speaker.

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

• @RockySmalls said:

@ruomu said:
    I am the developer of EZAudioCut(MT).

ah! hello.. and thanks for the pdf.. studying it now..

It's quite alright

• edited January 2019

sorry, better not write...
    (oops, it rhymes with the previous post, but is not related - I removed my original text)

• Hmm... I wonder what's the advantage over Audio Evolution with its AUv3 and IAA support at half the price.

• @ruomu said:
    It record from the microphone(or line in device) while playing audio clips on the track. It will resample audio to 44.1k.
    In the case of no jailbreak in iOS, it is impossible to capture audio from the sound played by the speaker.

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

OK thanks. I already have other apps that cover most, if not all, of what this can currently do....do you have a roadmap for future development ? Is having something like Ableton Link Sync a feature you are willing to add ? That would make this app something that could be used alongside all of the current link enabled apps that do not support audio tracks.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ruomu said:
    It record from the microphone(or line in device) while playing audio clips on the track. It will resample audio to 44.1k.

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

OK thanks. I already have other apps that cover most, if not all, of what this can currently do....do you have a roadmap for future development ? Is having something like Ableton Link Sync a feature you are willing to add ? That would make this app something that could be used alongside all of the current link enabled apps that do not support audio tracks.

Loopy, Launchpad, Blocswave, BM3...
    How would you use LINK in a wave editor btw?

• @rs2000 said:
    Hmm... I wonder what's the advantage over Audio Evolution with its AUv3 and IAA support at half the price.

though it doesn’t have the scope of audio evolution.. being able to apply speed, pitch changes , fx etc to specific small ranges of selected audio is useful.. twisted wave does this but not multi track,, hokusai does it BUT a track has to be one long audio file that you can’t shift around on the lane ,, never understood that? ?
    this app might appeal to old school electro-acoustic , fine edit and layer types.. who are still missing the sound forge / audition destructive audio assembly workflow.. i’ve kind of got used to various workarounds in cubasis BUT that key feature of selecting a small audio range, pitching or eqing it and baking it in on the spot is still not easily attained unless i’m missing an app i don’t yet know about..
    I’m not saying this EZaudiocutMT is going to fit the bill .. i mean.. i don’t see Reverse in there yet!? and thats one if the first things you look for.. but it clearly is trying to fill a niche which is strangely not yet covered properly in our glorious ios world.. even in Auria!
    we seem to have jumped ahead really quickly and left some of the basics un catered for.
    I wish @ruomu luck with it and hope it develops further in that Cool Edit direction.

• Does this app give you an option to restrict cuts to a tempo grid?

I love Twisted Wave but for certain in-tempo edits, I find myself having to resort to Auria. I would love a lightweight audio editor to have this ability.

• @RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:
    Hmm... I wonder what's the advantage over Audio Evolution with its AUv3 and IAA support at half the price.

though it doesn’t have the scope of audio evolution.. being able to apply speed, pitch changes , fx etc to specific small ranges of selected audio is useful..

Audio Evolution can do all that, that's why I said.
    The only thing to get accustomed to is probably embracing the idea of using a DAW as a wave editor. Try it, you'll be surprised how good it works once you got used to it.

• @rs2000 said:
    How would you use LINK in a wave editor btw?

The app has a timeline and is multi-track, if it had a method for sync then it takes it from being a wave editor to being very close to a lightweight Audio Tracks app. This is why I asked if there was a roadmap...to see if Link and AUv3 FX were on there.
    In it's current form I will probably not buy @ £15 because most of what it can do I can do with other things I already own (although as @RockySmalls points out, nothing does as simply what this can edit wise) BUT with sync and AUv3 FX I most likely would by @ £15 (and possibly more) as it would save me a lot of exporting/recording from apps just to be able to record and edit full length audio track(s) alongside.

• Welcome @ruomu! Good luck with the app.

• @rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

though it doesn’t have the scope of audio evolution.. being able to apply speed, pitch changes , fx etc to specific small ranges of selected audio is useful..

The only thing to get accustomed to is probably embracing the idea of using a DAW as a wave editor. Try it, you'll be surprised how good it works once you got used to it.

which of the IAP do you need to buy for it to do that? i am not sure you get the workflow i am talking about. I’m ‘round things’ deep in using cubasis/auria etc for wave editing for a good few years by now.. but they still don’t do that ‘Audition’ thing when you go into the waveform and select tiny parts and process then reprocess etc..
    of course they do a LOT of other stuff that I sure as hell wouldn’t want to relinquish now..
    so i ain’t complaining.. lost the horse but gained a camel, I feel..
    will look for Audio Evolution manual and see what is hidden behind the IAP curtains..

• edited January 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

which of the IAP do you need to buy for it to do that? i am not sure you get the workflow i am talking about. I’m ‘round things’ deep in using cubasis/auria etc for wave editing for a good few years by now.. but they still don’t do that ‘Audition’ thing when you go into the waveform and select tiny parts and process then reprocess etc..
    of course they do a LOT of other stuff that I sure as hell wouldn’t want to relinquish now..
    will look for Audio Evolution manual and see what is hidden behind the IAP curtains..

None, if you're OK with 3 tracks (and I would say that for common audio editing tasks, 3 tracks are more than enough).
    Load or record audio on a track, zoom in, hit [Split] and split into the sections you want to edit separately, hit [Scroll] and touch+hold the section you want to edit, then process (pitch shift, time stretch, reverse, fade in/out, normalize). To add AUv3 or IAA effects to only one section of a track, move that section to a different track, add the FX and either freeze the track or export, depending on how you want to proceed.
    By using plugins, you can perform many of the advanced Fx known from Audition, like e.g. Brusfri for denoising a track basd on a noise profile from any section.

• Is this likely to get AU support and Meta like loop points ?

• @rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

None, if you're OK with 3 tracks (and I would say that for common audio editing tasks, 3 tracks are more than enough).
    Load or record audio on a track, zoom in, hit [Split] and split into the sections you want to edit separately, hit [Scroll] and touch+hold the section you want to edit, then process (pitch shift, time stretch, reverse, fade in/out, normalize). To add AUv3 or IAA effects to only one section of a track, move that section to a different track, add the FX and either freeze the track or export, depending on how you want to proceed.
    By using plugins, you can perform many of the advanced Fx known from Audition, like e.g. Brusfri for denoising a track basd on a noise profile from any section.

Ah! the having to click back onto Scroll to get that menu was what was missing in my meanderings :) I thought it was odd not having a menu for sample processing etc..
    whilst the having to split to process slows things down ( shame you can’t select a range then hit split to isolate a part ) the ‘slidey split’ gesture is quite nice.. still the same problem as other daws for processing plugins on the spot.. ie: mixdown then reimport from the browser if you don’t want a big long FREEZE track that you then have to chop up..
    I might throw the 5.99 pro iap at this and try it out on a project to see if it has a flow the others don’t .. .. the ‘pre-fader/ post fader’ sends already look useful.. pro iap needed for sure there...
    Thanks for the tip.. and yr right 3 tracks should be enough.. but the extra money to sidestep that isn’t a shocker by any means! :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

Ah! the having to click back onto Scroll to get that menu was what was missing in my meanderings :) I thought it was odd not having a menu for sample processing etc..
    whilst the having to split to process slows things down ( shame you can’t select a range then hit split to isolate a part ) the ‘slidey split’ gesture is quite nice.. still the same problem as other daws for processing plugins on the spot.. ie: mixdown then reimport from the browser if you don’t want a big long FREEZE track that you then have to chop up..
    I might throw the 5.99 pro iap at this and try it out on a project to see if it has a flow the others don’t .. .. the ‘pre-fader/ post fader’ sends already look useful.. pro iap needed for sure there...
    Thanks for the tip.. and yr right 3 tracks should be enough.. but the extra money to sidestep that isn’t a shocker by any means! :)

I think so, yes 👍🏼
    The money asked isn't much for what you get.
    Another hidden gem is the Toneboosters EQ. I'd say it's the second best iOS EQ after FabFilter Pro-Q 2, at less than 1/10th of the price :smiley:

• Which app are you all discussing here?
    This new one?

I would like to know more about it, but it seems all the posts are about some other app.

• edited January 2019

@rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

Thanks @rs2000 . I've been on an ios hunt as of late for something similar to now defunct Peak on a computer. I deleted Auria a while back cause i find myself being more productive committing things in AUM. All that's missing for me now is a single track editor to keep it simple for mastering.
    Sorry for the off-topic guys.

• How is this the same and different from ferrite? I’m curious.