Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your best iOS 2018 app purchase?

Try to limit yourself to one app, and why.

Comments

• KEW, it's awesome.

• Nanostudio 2 hands down.

• The Waves plugins for Cubasis...

• edited January 2019

Modstep - Only one I could find that does a loop clip Abletone esque thing with freakin tempo changes. Gotten a lot done in it. All my iOS musicing just started in 2018 so that is why it isn't a new one.

• edited January 2019

NS2 - suits my way of thinking

• I can’t beleive I am saying this but iMPC Pro 2 (iPhone) just wow

• Xequence, but I am not sure that this was from 2018.

• SynthMaster One

• Audiokit D1, once you ignore the pads it is a really good bread n butter synth, or will be when it is AU.

• NS2 because it’s solid as a rock, CPU efficient, and I didn’t need to use anything else to get a decent tune done.

• apeMatrix by far. Has replaced AUM for me. NS2 still has a few too many shortcomings to be seriously considered by me (no audio yet, per pad external effects, inability to record AU with AU midi plugs, etc)

• StepPolyArp Unit.

Best for 2018, one of the best ever.

• @e121 said:
    StepPolyArp Unit.

Best for 2018, one of the best ever.

That’s in my top five definitely, along with Riffer.

• @Multicellular said:
    Modstep - Only one I could find that does a loop clip Abletone esque thing with freakin tempo changes. Gotten a lot done in it. All my iOS musicing just started in 2018 so that is why it isn't a new one.

This ^ spacecraft and sunrizer.

(I limited it to one line of text lol)

• I’m with others who mentioned NS2. I’m flying in it, and for me this is astounding. Super clear to use, super solid and a joy to work in.

• Does the combination Reamp + Woodpressor/NYCompressor count as one app :*

• Spacecraft

• Can't limit it to one:
    Synthmaster One
    Spacecraft
    Riffer

Sorry!

• Gestrument Pro purchase...
    and
    GeoShred ‘s AU3 free update!

• Possibly KQ Dixie or tardigrain. Both are CPU efficient, reliable, with an intuitive UI. Both can make a wide variety of sounds, and they're fun. :)

• @Tarekith said:
    KEW, it's awesome.

Agreed. Their best app since iKaossilator. And that was my favorite app. KEW is a powerhouse

• @DaveMagoo said:
    I can’t beleive I am saying this but iMPC Pro 2 (iPhone) just wow

Pls explain

• All the above but Bleass stands out for me. Smart fun.

• KQ Dixie/LayR/SynthMaster One. I cant really decide between those but they got a lot of love from me last year

• Nanostudio 2 for me.

• RatShack Reverb. I had been waiting for Audio Damage to port it to iOS for ages and when it finally landed I was like a kid in a candy store. Also loved Klevgrand's DAW Cassette and AudioKit's Synth One. We were all pretty spoiled this year, to be honest!

• NS2: 70% because it makes writing songs easy. 30% because it's finally out already and the rest of life can resume waiting and wondering as regards the desperate matter of when D1 will go AU :)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    All the above but Bleass stands out for me. Smart fun.

What do like about it? I thought it was anything but smart in design and execution but I’d love to hear a different take

• There are so many good ones out there so I will have to go with two of them. First Ravenscroft 275, it was on sale and was just too good a deal to pass up. the best piano app out there in my humble opinion! And second is Samplist, an all around great app that I find very useful in all my work, plus the Dev keeps updating it to make it better and better!