Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your worst iOS 2018 app purchase?

Try to limit yourself to one app, and why.

Comments

• 🙈🙉🙊

• n-Track 9 Pro. The app rendered my audio with glitches at 44.1kHz. Apple refunded my $31.67.

• @gusgranite said:
    🙈🙉🙊

+1

• Pro Q- 2 . cause its so good, so expensive, and I didn't make enough music in 2018 to justify it :'( :weary: :bawling:

• @Hmtx said:
    Pro Q- 2 . cause its so good, so expensive, and I didn't make enough music in 2018 to justify it :'( :weary: :bawling:

Hehe, got 5 FF plugins for Auria Pro and did not use them one time :smiley:
    So, dito, if that counts.

But worst App?
    Cannot say

• Aparillo full version.

There are at least a dozen household chores not done because of it, and several scoldings and dirty looks. And that’s just this week! 😄

• @haulin_notes said:
    Aparillo full version.

There are at least a dozen household chores not done because of it, and several scoldings and dirty looks. And that’s just this week! 😄

In addition to the usual?

• Nanostudio 2, because it dragged me in to reading NS2 threads (yes i know it’s my own fault) and the pure BS spouted by the beta testers actually put me off using the software (again, yes i know, my fault)

• Lo Fly Dirt & Fly Tape. These were early entries into the saturation-type apps that have showed up lately, and offer the least depth of both tone and functionality. They are so outshined by Degrader, Reamp, RX950, DAW Cassette, DAW LP and Shaper (never mind the saturation in RE-1) that they just sit half-flaccid in my Effects folder....

• @Turntablist said:
    Nanostudio 2, because it dragged me in to reading NS2 threads (yes i know it’s my own fault) and the pure BS spouted by the beta testers actually put me off using the software (again, yes i know, my fault)

Haha amen to that. I took one trip to the forum when I had some early questions and quickly realized my experience would be ruined if I kept reading.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:
    Nanostudio 2, because it dragged me in to reading NS2 threads (yes i know it’s my own fault) and the pure BS spouted by the beta testers actually put me off using the software (again, yes i know, my fault)

Haha amen to that. I took one trip to the forum when I had some early questions and quickly realized my experience would be ruined if I kept reading.

Why?

• @Daveypoo said:
    Lo Fly Dirt & Fly Tape. These were early entries into the saturation-type apps that have showed up lately, and offer the least depth of both tone and functionality. They are so outshined by Degrader, Reamp, RX950, DAW Cassette, DAW LP and Shaper (never mind the saturation in RE-1) that they just sit half-flaccid in my Effects folder....

These were just awful, I totally agree. And I recall the dev/devs on here being pretty condescending about honest feedback. Or maybe it was just because they used the word 'fam' so much, which to me comes across as insulting as 'bro' in my world of online posting etiquette and guidelines.

• @LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:

Why?

Most of the years-long beta testers were wayyyy too defensive about its shortcomings or lack of features. It's a weird little cult between them and the rabid users. I really like the app itself though.

• edited January 2019

Self edit: what's the point?

• @oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:

Why?

Most of the years-long beta testers were wayyyy too defensive about its shortcomings or lack of features. It's a weird little cult between them and the rabid users. I really like the app itself though.

Looks like the forum dodged a bullet. Been pretty smooth over there IMO.

• All's I know is I got more refunds in 2018 than I ever have...like 5 or 6 that either didn't function properly enough upon release or were so bad I immediately got my money back.

• @drez said:

@oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:

Why?

Don't you call me a bullet ;)

• @oat_phipps said:

@drez said:

@oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:

Why?

Haha! Pew pew pew. I think it started out defensive, but that’s changed after Matt kind of dropped the hammer on that business. I’ve had nothing but good interactions as of late.

• @oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:

Why?

I was one of the testers and I never had a bad word with anyone.
    Some of the moans on the forum at the start were from people just there to cause trouble. They stand out like a sore thum and eventually go away. That was why it got a bit niggly on there, but it has settled now.
    It’s one thing to have feature requests, but a certain minority blasting the app for not having something, when it was quite clear from the off that it wasn’t planned for the first releaseis is a bit off if you ask me.
    That’s what probably caused a bit of the defensiveness from some of the regulars.

Anyway, happy music making 👍🏼

• @tja said:

@Hmtx said:
    Pro Q- 2 . cause its so good, so expensive, and I didn't make enough music in 2018 to justify it :'( :weary: :bawling:

Hehe, got 5 FF plugins for Auria Pro and did not use them one time :smiley:
    So, dito, if that counts.

Some apps you buy to use. Some you buy cause it’s good to have.(FF)

• edited January 2019

I'm gonna have to go with soundscraper cuz I meant to buy synthscraper but was new to iOS and clicked the wrong one unknowingly, I'm not saying it is a bad app cuz I'm sure in the right hand it is awesome, but it isn't something I want to learn or use personally... I'm still upset about it lol so I never purchased synthscraper but maybe when it goes auv3 I Will

• Studiomux. So much potential, but just don’t works properly: audio-crackles land. Huge deception. I use it however with midi, works well with lower latency than rtp-midi lan over usb, so money is not totally wasted.

• @drez said:

@oat_phipps said:

@drez said:

@oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:

Why?

Haha! Pew pew pew. I think it started out defensive, but that’s changed after Matt kind of dropped the hammer on that business. I’ve had nothing but good interactions as of late.

Agreed. That was a great response by him.

This is kind of a shitpost thread so I’m going to take aim at all of the great developers causing me to spend my moneys. Thanks for embracing the platform. Especially the people that went back and refactored for AU. Bunch of jerks... taking up my time and giving me pleasure.

• FLUX:FX
    So much potential yet completely useless.
    Instead of complaining to Apple and getting my money back, I emailed the developer, the publisher, as well as the balding guitar guy promoting it, didn't get a single response from either of them.
    Not too sorry though, 'cause I just know I'll get a chance to kick some of these people in the nuts one day and at least I've got something to look forward to. Talk about flux...

• I’m not sure which, but one of the two Groovebox sound packs I bought this year was just the worst

• @83185f1a said:
    FLUX:FX
    So much potential yet completely useless.
    Instead of complaining to Apple and getting my money back, I emailed the developer, the publisher, as well as the balding guitar guy promoting it, didn't get a single response from either of them.
    Not too sorry though, 'cause I just know I'll get a chance to kick some of these people in the nuts one day and at least I've got something to look forward to. Talk about flux...

Love this post!
    Seriously.

• @Janosax said:
    Studiomux. So much potential, but just don’t works properly: audio-crackles land. Huge deception. I use it however with midi, works well with lower latency than rtp-midi lan over usb, so money is not totally wasted.

Yup that app burned me badly too. To their credit they did offer some technical advice but it was a lost cause.

• Korg Electribe Wave. by far.

• @sysexual said:
    Korg Electribe Wave. by far.

Reality? How come? I have been wanting to pick this up but I haven’t decided yet.