Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Lumbeat app [Reggae]

It's not my favourite style, but.... :)

New year, new drummer ...
Coming soon

Comments

• Hope finally an au app!

• edited January 2019

@Jeezs said:
    Hope finally an au app!

I'm skeptical. Clearly they've done little to innovate on their successful formula in terms of the apps themselves (the patterns, functions and sounds are all first-rate) - they must spend the majority of their time elsewhere, like sampling, etc. rather than technical development. They're still around and still charging a lot of money on a per app basis with nary a sale.

I own one of their apps. I'd love to get more, but can't justify the pricing.

• I am very interested in all of the apps from this dev. But I don’t own any of them.
    I think the price of the apps is the obstacle for me.
    They are priced fair, not complaining, but I usually end up getting 2-3 other apps when I have enough credits to buy one of these Lumbeat apps. So I still haven’t gotten any.

Oh well, one of these days, I suppose.

• If you think of it as a drum machine it definetely is difficult to justify the price with so many others around but Im very happy I got future drummer (and also iBassist for the same reasons). I think you have to think of it more as a drummer to accompany you. This is really good for two clear reasons for me
    1. It lets you forget about the percussion and you can jam with it.
    2. It generates results that you can study to better understand drumming

I love reggae but the drumming is the part I least want to study but I imagine this app will combine with iBassist to make some pretty impressive results. Looking forward to some demos/tutes. Congrats @LuisMartinez

• Does iBassist do good Reggae bass grooves already?

• edited January 2019

I'm a cheap IOS purchaser. I only buy Apps under $10 as a rule.

But I own 4 Lumbeats apps (one of which was offered at 50% off on Black Friday). After I bought the sale app I added 2 more within 24 hours because it was the Bass Player and he needed more styles from the drums to complete my rhythm section for improvising.

OT: There aren't a lot of jazz improvisers here but it's a monastic pursuit to really learn the jazz vocabulary and tools are needs. See Zane Carney's dependence upon "Band in the Box" to develop his skills at a young age. But there a few and I'll bet they ALL have Lumbeats Apps and think the price for value is more than fair.

All the Luis Martinez/Lumbeats apps provide something essential for me. They play music like real musicians and not machines. You might not care but that's worth $18 to me.

They act like a live musician would. They apply fills musically and the variety and taste displayed is wonderful.

The combination of iBassist linked with any of the drummers (select one for your favorite style) offers features similar to iRealBook. But IRealBook dominates because you can get the whole Jazz standards library loaded just by joining that Forum.

Can you imagine how many sales of iBassist Luis Martinez/Lumbeats would get if he could import those chord progressions?

He'd need to add a jazz drummer but that's a small update to "Soft Drummer" to re-focus the right hand to the cymbals actually.

For the $18 value it's important to know any of the Lumbeats drummers can send out MIDI to any drumset you own that takes MIDI. I also get great value from running Soft Drummer into FAC Transient App to make the Soft Drummer play with Harder tones which takes you towards a more aggressive Jazz or Rock player than the name implies and using a drum set with the right hand targeted on a ride cymbal also changes the genre.

The Mid-east and AfroCuban drummers add extra percussion layers with the same musical taste demonstrated by the kit players. Send the fusion possibilities of Funk + Mid-east patterns make a whole new sound spectrum to create over.

I own 4 of the apps so far and will keep adding them whenever I want to audition a new drummer for the band. I think Lumbeats selects a price model that more great developers should follow.
    See this thread to understand the economics of IOS development for a living wage.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30546/funding-for-devs#latest

So, don't wait for sales... I don't think there will be any. If you want real drummers or that Bassist to play on your music BUY NOW. You'll sound better.

If you want to play better tennis you need to play with better tennis players. Drum machines are like playing with metronomes. Lumbeats player challenge you to listen and respond to rhythmic variety in your playing. It turns the brain ON and not OFF.

• @McDtracy said:
    I'm a cheap IOS purchaser. I only buy Apps under $10 as a rule.

But I own 4 Lumbeats apps (one of which was offered at 50% off on Black Friday). After I bought the sale app I added 2 more within 24 hours because it was the Bass Player and he needed more styles from the drums to complete my rhythm section for improvising.

OT: There aren't a lot of jazz improvisers here but it's a monastic pursuit to really learn the jazz vocabulary and tools are needs. See Zane Carney's dependence upon "Band in the Box" to develop his skills at a young age. But there a few and I'll bet they ALL have Lumbeats Apps and think the price for value is more than fair.

All the Luis Martinez/Lumbeats apps provide something essential for me. They play music like real musicians and not machines. You might not care but that's worth $18 to me.

They act like a live musician would. They apply fills musically and the variety and taste displayed is wonderful.

The combination of iBassist linked with any of the drummers (select one for your favorite style) is infinitely superior to the iRealBook noise so many students use to practice improvisation.

But IRealBook dominates because you can get the whole Jazz standards library loaded just by joining that Forum.

Can you imagine how many sales of iBassist Luis Martinez/Lumbeats would get if he could import those chord progressions?

He'd need to add a jazz drummer but that's a small update to "Soft Drummer" to re-focus the right hand to the cymbals actually.

For the $18 value it's important to know any of the Lumbeats drummers can send out MIDI to any drumset you own that takes MIDI. I also get great value from running Soft Drummer into FAC Transient App to make the Soft Drummer play with Harder tones which takes you towards a more aggressive Jazz or Rock player than the name implies and using a drum set with the right hand targeted on a ride cymbal also changes the genre.

The Mid-east and AfroCuban drummers add extra percussion layers with the same musical taste demonstrated by the kit players. Send the fusion possibilities of Funk + Mid-east patterns make a whole new sound spectrum to create over.

I own 4 of the apps so far and will keep adding them whenever I want to audition a new drummer for the band. I think Lumbeats selects a price model that more great developers should follow.
    See this thread to understand the economics of IOS development for a living wage.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30546/funding-for-devs#latest

So, don't wait for sales... I don't think there will be any. If you want real drummers or that Bassist to play on your music BUY NOW. You'll sound better.

If you want to play better tennis you need to play with better tennis players. Drum machines are like playing with metronomes. Lumbeats player challenge you to listen and respond to rhythmic variety in your playing. It turns the brain ON and not OFF.

Best post of 2019!

• @McDtracy said:

Exactly!

Pick a tempo, pick a style, pick a key and/or chord progression for iBassist and go... Listen, react, groove..

• I’m sure I will be adding these into my ever expanding app collection this year.
    It’s always been just a matter of time before I started collecting this bunch.

• does it have audio loop export?

• @kobamoto said:
    does it have audio loop export?

No. I'd use an IAA instance of a Lumbeats App (or combination of Apps) in AUM and make audio recording file and maybe trim it with audioshare which is also a great Loop archiving tool.

It does however export MIDI which is becoming a powerful Looping alternative for anyone that prefers using their own sound engines for their loops and also to be able to apply realtime LFO's to the sound engines and make the repetitive loops have a lot of variation with AU Parameter tweaking.

It's VERY important to get the message... Lumbeats Apps don't repeat themselves and that's why they are worth more than the standard drum machine if you want to sound like an instrumental grouping. The surprizing variations you get in the fills make it sound real. Loops be design produce predictability and for some (like me) it's a turn off. It means machines got the job (again). Not like anyone making a living playing gigs in most places these days.

• I own Future Drummer and I was really skeptical before I picked it up but I am seriously happy I did. It’s like no other app I have. For me it’s best used controlling other apps: Ruismaker, etc, etc. it’s so fun to jam out and record what I’m doing in AUM. It’s super useful.

• @McDtracy said:

@kobamoto said:
    does it have audio loop export?

No. I'd use an IAA instance of a Lumbeats App (or combination of Apps) in AUM and make audio recording file and maybe trim it with audioshare which is also a great Loop archiving tool.

It does however export MIDI which is becoming a powerful Looping alternative for anyone that prefers using their own sound engines for their loops and also to be able to apply realtime LFO's to the sound engines and make the repetitive loops have a lot of variation with AU Parameter tweaking.

It's VERY important to get the message... Lumbeats Apps don't repeat themselves and that's why they are worth more than the standard drum machine if you want to sound like an instrumental grouping. The surprizing variations you get in the fills make it sound real. Loops be design produce predictability and for some (like me) it's a turn off. It means machines got the job (again). Not like anyone making a living playing gigs in most places these days.

the midi export is great, but I think the whole idea of exporting a loop or audio is that you want that predictability, that loop. Export Should be standard for a drum app. I own almost all of the other LB apps and those hoops you have to jump through just to export some audio is ridiculous in the most respectful, courteous, and charming way.

• Yep, this Dude’s drummers are my go to’s. Never know which one I’ll be in the mood for, but they never fail me.

• I'm psyched about this - do you know how hard it it to find a drummer who can play a good one-drop?!?!?!

• edited January 2019

@kobamoto said:
    the midi export is great, but I think the whole idea of exporting a loop or audio is that you want that predictability, that loop. Export Should be standard for a drum app. I own almost all of the other LB apps and those hoops you have to jump through just to export some audio is ridiculous in the most respectful, courteous, and charming way.

I am now repeating this in a variety of different foreign languages loudly and also embroidering it in huge letters on some big death pillows such is the exact damn truth of the matter expressed herein dammit Mister Lumbeat I beg of you etc.

• hell yea, ill grab this soon. instant reggae beats will really upgrade my reggae attempts haha

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kobamoto said:

I am now repeating this in a variety of different foreign languages loudly and also embroidering it in huge letters on some big death pillows such is the exact damn truth of the matter expressed herein dammit Mister Lumbeat I beg of you etc.

Can you suggest an App that outputs loops or audio that fits your needs? I'm just curious to understand the ideal App for this use case.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kobamoto said:

:D

• @McDtracy said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kobamoto said:

Can you suggest an App that outputs loops or audio that fits your needs? I'm just curious to understand the ideal App for this use case.

are there any other drum apps that don't export audio?

• @Morgman73 said:
    I own Future Drummer and I was really skeptical before I picked it up but I am seriously happy I did. It’s like no other app I have. For me it’s best used controlling other apps: Ruismaker, etc, etc. it’s so fun to jam out and record what I’m doing in AUM. It’s super useful.

Exactly how are you driving Ruismaker? Can’t make it happen.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Using AudioBus 3 or AUM to assign the MIDI output of one app to the MIDI input of another App seems to work well. There's one case where AB3 seems to do a better job but AUM works for most cases for me. Do you have either app to try it?

Just pointing one apps MIDI out to another App using MIDI channels seems to be tricky but that might also be possible.
    Maybe set the RuisMaker to listen on OMNI would work. I don't have Future Drummer to see what the MIDI out options are (channel or assign to specific App receiver).

Sometimes poeple are just having issues getting something to be the authoritative Transport Control and that can be tricky. Lumbeats seems to implement LINK but but it's controls become the master and not all receivers support LINK controls.

AB3 seems to the be the best for transport that most apps support.

• OMG! Thanks mr @LuisMartinez this is all I need. Instabuy no matter te price.

• Awesome news! Agree with @McDtracy regarding the usefulness of these apps, have been requesting Reggae drummer for a while now, thanks @LuisMartinez for taking up the challenge :)

• edited January 2019

@AndyPlankton said:
    Awesome news! Agree with @McDtracy regarding the usefulness of these apps, have been requesting Reggae drummer for a while now, thanks @LuisMartinez for taking up the challenge :)

!!!
    Lumbeats apps are like Pringles

• @McDtracy said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Using AudioBus 3 or AUM to assign the MIDI output of one app to the MIDI input of another App seems to work well. There's one case where AB3 seems to do a better job but AUM works for most cases for me. Do you have either app to try it?

Just pointing one apps MIDI out to another App using MIDI channels seems to be tricky but that might also be possible.
    Maybe set the RuisMaker to listen on OMNI would work. I don't have Future Drummer to see what the MIDI out options are (channel or assign to specific App receiver).

Sometimes poeple are just having issues getting something to be the authoritative Transport Control and that can be tricky. Lumbeats seems to implement LINK but but it's controls become the master and not all receivers support LINK controls.

AB3 seems to the be the best for transport that most apps support.

Seems trickier than that. Future Drummer doesn’t show up in AB3’s midi channels. (You can assign it as Virtual Midi, though.) You can add it as a generator in AUM; same in ApeMatrix but the app doesn’t show up in the midi patchbay.
    I’m sure this is user error.

• Reggae drummer will my first purchase in 2019!

• @fattigman said:
    OMG! Thanks mr @LuisMartinez this is all I need. Instabuy no matter te price.

HA! You were the first person I thought of when I heard of this announcement. I expect great things!!!!

• I agree with @McDtracy re the human like quality of the Martinez apps. Specifically, for those not familiar, there are two parameters which make this happen, Jamming Intensity and Swing. When I create a drum track with Soft Drummer, for example, I play with the jamming intensity thru the duration of the track, as well as the mixer to alter the combination of instruments. Sometimes I mess with the effects as well, but that is dicey as to results. Letting the app do its thing is amazing and novel.