Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DELUGE: Did we talk about this? This is crazy

Comments

• @evol said:
    I generally use it with the Yamaha MDBT01 to sequence in BM3 or through ApeMatrix. Great couch music making combo. The internal synth is good enough but prefer the effects available on the iPad. But with multi sampling coming soon I will probably start to use more as a sound source. Also just worked out you can use the midi through feature to route midi from the midi in port to the iPad via USB.

I don't get it - what's the point in sequencing the Deluge from BM3 when instead of the Deluge's sequencer, you're using BM3 with loads of great synths and a great sampler anyway?

• Honestly I use the Deluge as it is. It's everything I need. I like having all the stuff contained in one box. I can't stand wires.

I'm on the beta firmware with the multisample and waveformview and record to arranger. You DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE. It's that awesome.

I loaded my Maschine library onto the card and using multisample load I can load a whole folder of samples into a synth oscillator and have a multisampled instrument.... PER OSCILLATOR. So you can load piano samples in OSC1 and string samples in OSC2 and you guessed it... layered piano :D

The waveform view is also wonderful if you like to chop up samples.

my setup now is NanoStudio 2 on the iPad, Deluge as standalone... which is basically a NanoStudio 2 hardware version :D ... with timestretch :D

• Oh. the pitch shift algorithm sounds smoother in the new beta also.

• @rs2000 I’m sequencing BM3 from the Deluge. So I get the endless physical grid of the Deluge and the sample editing (visual display etc) of BM3. True it can all be done in BM3 (or all on the Deluge) but I find the Deluge more enjoyable to use than piano roll on a touch screen.

• waveform view could remove some of the benefit of using BM3 although I still like being able to use different iPad effects per track

• @evol said:
    @rs2000 I’m sequencing BM3 from the Deluge. So I get the endless physical grid of the Deluge and the sample editing (visual display etc) of BM3. True it can all be done in BM3 (or all on the Deluge) but I find the Deluge more enjoyable to use than piano roll on a touch screen.

Ok, got it, makes much more sense this way :smile:

• I haven't had any physical gear cravings in quite some time but congratulations, you got me! :warning:

• @alecsbuga said:
    Oh. the pitch shift algorithm sounds smoother in the new beta also.

Alecs what about follow actions, tempo automation, and time sig automation sorry if I've already asked you this before?

• It's a groovrbox man not a daw :)

What follow actions?
    You can trigger the next pattern and by default it starts after 1 barnbut you can. Change that

But you cannot program follow actions to chain patterns. You have the arranger mode for that. Which is much more powerful

• is there any limit to how many slices you can have when slicing a sample?

• When you load a sample and choose SLICE mode you enter the number of slices manually and it divides it into regions. I don't think it has a limit

• So it can do one billion slices if I want? I don't know man, seems far fetched. 😛

I still need to pull the trigger on one of these one of these days, I'm intrigued as a groovebox afficianado.

• I'm waiting for the right time to pounce, thinking version 2

• I’m afraid I have to add to this thread and tell you that the device is absolutely bloody astonishing. Apologies in advance for the state of your wallets.

• I'll try today. But Rohan the developer of Deluge hasn't put any limits. The CPU is the only limit as far as I know.

It's a great pice of kit.

But how many slices do you actually need man? :))

Tracks are unlimited. That's for sure.

• I’ve counted. 256 slices. I guess that should be enough :))

• @Tarekith said:
    So it can do one billion slices if I want? I don't know man, seems far fetched. 😛

I still need to pull the trigger on one of these one of these days, I'm intrigued as a groovebox afficianado.

I know you are. And you liked the Electribe 2. Trust me this one is way more powerful.

• I'm kind of meh on the Electribe 2 overall, but yes this looks pretty sweet. First up for me is the TR-8S though, gotta get that one out of my system before I try something else.

• @alecsbuga said:
    I’ve counted. 256 slices. I guess that should be enough :))

yeah thats good thanks

• a few more knobs on it and everybody would already have it I think

• @alecsbuga said:
    Honestly I use the Deluge as it is. It's everything I need. I like having all the stuff contained in one box. I can't stand wires.

I'm on the beta firmware with the multisample and waveformview and record to arranger. You DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE. It's that awesome.

I loaded my Maschine library onto the card and using multisample load I can load a whole folder of samples into a synth oscillator and have a multisampled instrument.... PER OSCILLATOR. So you can load piano samples in OSC1 and string samples in OSC2 and you guessed it... layered piano :D

The waveform view is also wonderful if you like to chop up samples.

my setup now is NanoStudio 2 on the iPad, Deluge as standalone... which is basically a NanoStudio 2 hardware version :D ... with timestretch :D

Sounds amazing and something I will get in next several months.

• I sold my little collection of grooveboxes with the specific purpose of getting one of these, but double doh, I didn't factor in shipping and import tax so I'm still way short! To add insult to injury I was offered one for £600 on eBay which I deliberated for too long (whilst waiting for the sale of one of said grooveboxes), and that sold shortly after. So now I'm moping around grooveboxless. Can someone say something to cheer me up please? Grooverider GR16 is helping to ease the pain a little ...

• Sucks. They were nice guys and offered to send me a split invoice. Deluge Hardware + "Lifetime license" :)
    But the customs didn't bought it :D

• @Oblique said:
    I sold my little collection of grooveboxes with the specific purpose of getting one of these, but double doh, I didn't factor in shipping and import tax so I'm still way short! To add insult to injury I was offered one for £600 on eBay which I deliberated for too long (whilst waiting for the sale of one of said grooveboxes), and that sold shortly after. So now I'm moping around grooveboxless. Can someone say something to cheer me up please? Grooverider GR16 is helping to ease the pain a little ...

Strategies :#

• @evol said:
    I generally use it with the Yamaha MDBT01 to sequence in BM3 or through ApeMatrix. Great couch music making combo. The internal synth is good enough but prefer the effects available on the iPad. But with multi sampling coming soon I will probably start to use more as a sound source. Also just worked out you can use the midi through feature to route midi from the midi in port to the iPad via USB.

Yeah, I love the Yamaha MD and UD. The MD on a beatstep Pro, and the UD gets randomly swapped to analog synths, they both play well with every apps in/out/through. Just ordered a midi twister, check out if you haven’t seen them, especially w audiobus midi learn out now.

• 2.1.0 is out

Sample engine
    -- Multisampling
    -- Waveform view
    -- AIFF file support, and WAV file support extended to include 8-bit files
    -- Sample loop point support - UI, and import from tagged files
    -- High quality 16-point windowed sinc interpolation now used for sample pitch adjustment / sample rate conversion
    -- Better quality pitch shifting and time stretching - also ~60% more efficient
    -- Automatic pitch detection and transposing of all samples loaded into “synth” instruments, including single-cycle waveforms

MIDI / gate
    -- Greatly reduced jitter on MIDI, gate, and trigger-clock output, regardless of CPU load
    -- When MIDI clock or trigger clock output is enabled, stopping all tracks and then starting one again no longer restarts the clock
    -- Can set to ignore MIDI clock input

Arranger
    -- Arrangement recording from live performance in song view
    -- Can now add / delete instruments, and learn MIDI input channels to them, directly in arranger
    -- Automation of “affect entire song” params, in arranger only

Media management
    -- Can import a whole folder of samples as a kit
    -- Collect media tool - copies all song’s samples to a folder for export
    -- For certain sample params (POLYPHONY, MODE, REVERSE, SPEED, PITCH/SPEED), can now apply change to whole kit by holding affect-entire button

More
    -- CPU efficiency improved another ~15% (on top of the 30 - 50% gained in V2.0)
    -- Horizontal scroll position numeric indication is now present in arranger, and has been changed everywhere to the more standard “bar.beat” format. The same numeric format is now shown when editing track length
    -- Settable defaults and randomness for tempo, swing, key and scale
    -- Multiplying a track now alters notes’ iteration dependence to keep the piece sounding the same where possible
    -- Sidechain and pitch are now adjustable at the “kit” level, using “affect-entire”

• @Oblique said:
    I sold my little collection of grooveboxes with the specific purpose of getting one of these, but double doh, I didn't factor in shipping and import tax so I'm still way short! To add insult to injury I was offered one for £600 on eBay which I deliberated for too long (whilst waiting for the sale of one of said grooveboxes), and that sold shortly after. So now I'm moping around grooveboxless. Can someone say something to cheer me up please? Grooverider GR16 is helping to ease the pain a little ...

Credit card lol fuck it

• @klangsulfat said:
    2.1.0 is out

Sample engine
    -- Multisampling
    -- Waveform view
    -- AIFF file support, and WAV file support extended to include 8-bit files
    -- Sample loop point support - UI, and import from tagged files
    -- High quality 16-point windowed sinc interpolation now used for sample pitch adjustment / sample rate conversion
    -- Better quality pitch shifting and time stretching - also ~60% more efficient
    -- Automatic pitch detection and transposing of all samples loaded into “synth” instruments, including single-cycle waveforms

MIDI / gate
    -- Greatly reduced jitter on MIDI, gate, and trigger-clock output, regardless of CPU load
    -- When MIDI clock or trigger clock output is enabled, stopping all tracks and then starting one again no longer restarts the clock
    -- Can set to ignore MIDI clock input

Arranger
    -- Arrangement recording from live performance in song view
    -- Can now add / delete instruments, and learn MIDI input channels to them, directly in arranger
    -- Automation of “affect entire song” params, in arranger only

Media management
    -- Can import a whole folder of samples as a kit
    -- Collect media tool - copies all song’s samples to a folder for export
    -- For certain sample params (POLYPHONY, MODE, REVERSE, SPEED, PITCH/SPEED), can now apply change to whole kit by holding affect-entire button

More
    -- CPU efficiency improved another ~15% (on top of the 30 - 50% gained in V2.0)
    -- Horizontal scroll position numeric indication is now present in arranger, and has been changed everywhere to the more standard “bar.beat” format. The same numeric format is now shown when editing track length
    -- Settable defaults and randomness for tempo, swing, key and scale
    -- Multiplying a track now alters notes’ iteration dependence to keep the piece sounding the same where possible
    -- Sidechain and pitch are now adjustable at the “kit” level, using “affect-entire”

damn what a nice update!

• edited January 2019