Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoKey Studio and Korg Kontrol Edtitor help needed

edited January 2019 in Other

Hi happy new year!

I'm having issues using The Korg Kontrol Edtitor.
I simply want to set the pads MIDI Channel to anything else than channel #1 (so that they play another instrument).

First I had a "Time out" error when writing new settings onto the NanoKey Studio so I upgraded the drivers and it fixed the "Time Out" error. But I still can't change the pads MIDI channel number. Nothing happens after writing the new settings. Pads still senf on Channel 1.
It's strange cause when I change the Global Channel number it does write this in the machine, but pads don't seem to register the change.

Did anyone have a similar problem?
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• @stelvio said:
    Hi happy new year!

I'm having issues using The Korg Kontrol Edtitor.
    I simply want to set the pads MIDI Channel to anything else than channel #1 (so that they play another instrument).

First I had a "Time out" error when writing new settings onto the NanoKey Studio so I upgraded the drivers and it fixed the "Time Out" error. But I still can't change the pads MIDI channel number. Nothing happens after writing the new settings. Pads still senf on Channel 1.
    It's strange cause when I change the Global Channel number it does write this in the machine, but pads don't seem to register the change.

Did anyone have a similar problem?
    Thanks for any help.

I’d wager it’s a Windows problem... restart everything, uninstall and reinstall everything and just be patient is all I can suggest.

• edited January 2019

Had the same problem trying to change NanoKontrol 2 with the Korg Kontrol editor a few years back sounds like a Korg firmware problem they havent fixed had to work all my other controllers numbers around it in the end.

• edited January 2019

Thanks.
    I'm on Mac Sierra. I checked if there was a new NanoKey firware but the one installed is already up to date.
    Can't believe I'm stuck on Channel MIDI 1 forever.

• Since pads and keys share the same notes values and the same midi channel, anything I map to the pads is also triggered by keys and vice versa, I don't get it :(
    How are you guys using the pads on this controller.

Even mapping transport stuff like overdub won't work since a key with the same note value will also trigger overdub.