Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus as non destructive track option

So I just shelled out $10 for the GarageBand iOS under the account you can record a guitar track without any effects and either add them in on the fly or record at the time but change later on if you wanted. I love this native non destructive ability built into the “new guitar track” to record clean and add later option in GB but I really want to be able to use Bias or any other 3rd party. I’m sure it’s available but I’m just too dense to figure it out or am I just not looking in the right areas of the setup? Did I just waste $10? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. (Yes I searched the forum but as I said I’m dense}

Comments

• Isn’t GarageBand free?

And take a look at Tonebridge. It might be what you’re looking for — Audio-Unit-based guitar amp sim:

Tonebridge Guitar Effects by Ultimate Guitar

• It was probably $10 for Bias to be used in Garageband.
    Dunno about the latter because I don't use GB, but Multitrack-DAW (Harmonic Dog).
    It does exactly what you want - with Bias inserted as a track effect you listen to the Bias sound while playing/recording, but the audio itself remains the raw signal of the guitar.
    Only if you save the final mix the amp simulation is added into the output.
    Multitrack-DAW is a very efficient and convenient recorder to jam with yourself.

• looking at the thread's title again suggests that it was about Audiobus to get Bias sound into GB.
    In that case you can set your raw input channel to 2 Audiobus lines and GB into the output of both.
    The second input gets Bias into the middle (effects) slot.
    In GB you should have 2 input channels: the raw sound and the Bias output.