Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

USB Powered Hub: Types Differences or none really?

What is your experience?

Latency?

Efficiency?

Differences of what you used?

I have a cheap as f_ck one and works lovely.

What say you?

Comments

• edited December 2018

Interested in the thread as I wouldnt mind a smaller spare for my mini board, but not too much to add personally. I read reviews, looked at specs, and got a Vantec that has a 2.0 A power out so I can keep the iPad charged as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Vantec-Aluminum-10-Port-Adapter-UGT-AH100U3/dp/B00J8LW04Q?th=1

Latency, must be low, havent tested, not enough to notice.

So far so good.

• The main thing I can see worth consideration is the supply voltage. I have a couple of hubs that run off 5v which makes it easy to power them off a power bank with a USB-to-appropriate-size-barrel-connector cable.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    The main thing I can see worth consideration is the supply voltage. I have a couple of hubs that run off 5v which makes it easy to power them off a power bank with a USB-to-appropriate-size-barrel-connector cable.

Sure. But remember 5V is voltage. You'll want to insure you provide enough current (Amps) to run everything you connect at one time before you burn something out. Daisy chaining 2-3 device at 5V's will likely over run one of them for current carrying.

It's like connecting 1500 Watt hair dryers (1500watts/110V = 13Amps) to a power strip and blowing the internal 15A circuit breaker with 2. Many have seen this effect connecting their older iPads using 3rd party 5V iPhone adapters and burning them out.
    Apple started detecting their use and refusing to power up to protect the device.

Anyway... run some numbers and remember:

Power (watts) = Current (Amps) X Voltage

FUTURE PROOFING POWER HUB NEEDS FOR MANY DEVICES:

USB Type-C alone can support up to 5 volts at 3 amps (15 W), while USB Type-C with USB Power Delivery (PD) allows the ecosystem to support several power levels up to a maximum of 20 volts at 5 amps (100 W).

That's a huge boost from USB power levels ranging from the original 5 volts at 100 milliamps (.5 Watts) up to 20 volts at 5 amps (100 Watts).

Busses of all types can connect devices, apps, commuters but they are designed with maximum limitations.