Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphelian - interesting new app coming next month

Comments

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@sysexual said:
    this app is iaa and standalone only?

Yeah. But if you watch the videos, it makes sense to have it this way. They make really good use of the full screen.

its certainly intriguing but connectivity is outdated. hopefully its something that will be expanded with updates if its going the walled garden route.

• @sysexual said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@sysexual said:

Yeah. But if you watch the videos, it makes sense to have it this way. They make really good use of the full screen.

its certainly intriguing but connectivity is outdated. hopefully its something that will be expanded with updates if its going the walled garden route.

It does have MIDI out. In case you didn't already know. :)

• Message from dev on iPad Musician FB page - it’s APPROVED and coming very soon (probably during Xmas depending on Apple). Enjoy your Christmas :) :)

• @Trueyorky said:
    Message from dev on iPad Musician FB page - it’s APPROVED and coming very soon (probably during Xmas depending on Apple). Enjoy your Christmas :) :)

Good news, I've got an iTunes card with this one's name on it...

• @Trueyorky said:
    Message from dev on iPad Musician FB page - it’s APPROVED and coming very soon (probably during Xmas depending on Apple). Enjoy your Christmas :) :)

From what I understand from an email I got from dev it has been approved weeks ago it is just that they are tweaking the app a little bit more. So I won't keep my hopes up. Every single day I check their web page. The waiting aaaaarrrrrggggg!!! I look like a 7 year old kid waiting for christmas day since december 1

• @Prog1967 said:

@Trueyorky said:

From what I understand from an email I got from dev it has been approved weeks ago it is just that they are tweaking the app a little bit more. So I won't keep my hopes up. Every single day I check their web page. The waiting aaaaarrrrrggggg!!! I look like a 7 year old kid waiting for christmas day since december 1

Right?

• @sysexual said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@sysexual said:

IAA doesn’t mean walled garden, though.
    Although it doesn’t rule it out , either.
    But IAA usually means it has the ability to connect to other apps, in one way or another.

• @Trueyorky said:

Is there a date on this page as to when it was posted?

• @robosardine said:

@Trueyorky said:

Is there a date on this page as to when it was posted?

Posted today.

• Pre-order available in UK store £9.99 expected launch 4th January :)

• @Trueyorky said:
    Pre-order available in UK store £9.99 expected launch 4th January :)

Oh yeah!
    B)

• I don’t do pre-orders, but that’s a very fair price so probably an instabuy for me.

• For some reason I don’t pre-order either. I think I like the shopping experience as opposed to having it delivered or something 🤔. Ironically the cost of the actual product is less than what cost of the delivery for a hardware equivalent would be 😀
    Tell you what though I think this is going to be the business. Having two of them linked with separate devices should be very entertaining.
    Set iPads to charge. Dim the lights and get comfortable.....

• Great to finally see it emerging.
    Might dive in head first or wait for some reviews when released. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Great to finally see it emerging.

I’ve never done a pre-sale thing, but I know I’ll be buying this one and they’re claiming the pre-sale price will save a few bucks. If they weren’t the Oscilab cats, I’d likely wait... but their pedigree is decent enough with that one app that I’ll likely break my no pre-sale purchase rule :)

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

I’ve never done a pre-sale thing, but I know I’ll be buying this one and they’re claiming the pre-sale price will save a few bucks. If they weren’t the Oscilab cats, I’d likely wait... but their pedigree is decent enough with that one app that I’ll likely break my no pre-sale purchase rule :)

oh it's a pre-sale offer, hmm much prefer the old way of release sale for a few days, then at least you get some initial feedback :) It does look good fun though. Wonder what the final price will be...

I'm getting even more hesitant about buying non-AU apps though as no matter how good they are, they tend to drop off from my usage quickly.

• Instabuy. No other way for me

• I’ve pre-ordered this as I definitely have liked and used Oscilab quite a bit plus Aphelian has Audiobus 3 state saving and Files app support. I envision using its MIDI output to the max. It does have a photosensitive epilepsy warning. Doug has an iPad Air 2 too and the beta demo he did seemed to work great wheras the newer iPad Pros do seem to be more likely to have issues with newly released apps.

• Is it audiounit!? Looks cool though

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

Can’t see the deal- how much do you save with pre- order?

@david_2017 said:
    Is it audiounit!? Looks cool though

No it’s not

• @robosardine said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

Can’t see the deal- how much do you save with pre- order?

@david_2017 said:
    Is it audiounit!? Looks cool though

No it’s not

Thanks mate.
    Then it’s not really interesting to me. I like the modular iOS approach too much

• Ah- just got the mail- it doesn’t say how much you save- just that it’s a pre- order ‘offer’. I’m getting it anyway so might as well save a few quid.

• I don’t like this pre-sale business, deal or no deal, it’s buying blind.

I’ll wait and see what the feedback is when it’s released. If the price goes up I’ll have to decide then.

• Not sure I fully understand what this app does?

• ok earlier in the thread they say they are considering AUv3 in future and as it'll have AB statesaving/ midi out + oscilab pedigree = Preordered

• @Carnbot said:
    ok earlier in the thread they say they are considering AUv3 in future and as it'll have AB statesaving/ midi out + oscilab pedigree = Preordered

Great. Will pick it up once it goes AUv3

• Hi!
    Thank you very much for your interest in APHELIAN!! It’s very stimulating for us. We are sorry for the delay in the release, but we are a very small team and we couldn’t get the job done with the quality that we want until now.

Although the core functionality is complete (the geometric sequencer engine), the project is still far from finnish. We are planning many updates, like AUv3 support, that should be added soon.

Within the team, I’m the UX designer and audio programmer. I put lot of love and effort trying to get to a useful tool, something that integrates the geometric metaphor in a meaningful way (and not as a delusive hype factor). The core ideas were clear from the beginning, but countless iterations were needed to take the awkwardness out, and get to a plain concept. The process of designing a product that you love is almost infinite, but it is necessary to have intermediate endings to get everything flowing. We’ve been developing the app for more than 3 years now, and we think that is time to share it with other people, get feedback, and improve it.

Thank you very much for the good vibrations!!

• @gusgranite said:
    Not sure I fully understand what this app does?

It’s a Groovebox with 4 synths and a drum machine with parameter automation. The notes play in sequence on a track predetermined by yourself (like a hot wheels loop) each time the car passes over the note it plays and eventually completes the loop then starts over. You can bend/ twist/adjust/add to each of your tracks at will to change the order and sounds. Your cars will never fall off. The fun part is interweaving all your tracks under and over and around one another and watching and listening to it all go round.

• @JuanB said:
    Hi!
    Thank you very much for your interest in APHELIAN!! It’s very stimulating for us. We are sorry for the delay in the release, but we are a very small team and we couldn’t get the job done with the quality that we want until now.

Although the core functionality is complete (the geometric sequencer engine), the project is still far from finnish. We are planning many updates, like AUv3 support, that should be added soon.

Within the team, I’m the UX designer and audio programmer. I put lot of love and effort trying to get to a useful tool, something that integrates the geometric metaphor in a meaningful way (and not as a delusive hype factor). The core ideas were clear from the beginning, but countless iterations were needed to take the awkwardness out, and get to a plain concept. The process of designing a product that you love is almost infinite, but it is necessary to have intermediate endings to get everything flowing. We’ve been developing the app for more than 3 years now, and we think that is time to share it with other people, get feedback, and improve it.

Thank you very much for the good vibrations!!

Hi, great to hear from you. Aphelian looks and sounds awesome, like many I cannot wait to play with this and see how it drives other synth apps. Your demo videos are really informative as is Doug’s overview from TheSoundTestRoom. Good luck with this development and roll on the launch date :)

• @robosardine said:

@gusgranite said:
    Not sure I fully understand what this app does?

It’s a Groovebox with 4 synths and a drum machine with parameter automation. The notes play in sequence on a track predetermined by yourself (like a hot wheels loop) each time the car passes over the note it plays and eventually completes the loop then starts over. You can bend/ twist/adjust/add to each of your tracks at will to change the order and sounds. Your cars will never fall off. The fun part is interweaving all your tracks under and over and around one another and watching and listening to it all go round.

So it’s like a step sequencer with circular visuals instead of steps? Plus other tricks by the sound of it. I can dig it!