Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Units not showing in DAW

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced an issue where audio units are not found by DAWs in iOS. This only started happening for me recently after purchasing the 2018 ipad. At first I thought it was limited to Cubasis, where the audio units menu would be gone from its usual place. Just now I tried to load midi and audio fx in NanoStudio 2 and again all the external AU effects were not there. It seems like a reset fixes the issue, but it is weird to see that the system cant seem to locate audio units for some reason.

Comments

• @chocobitz825 said:
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced an issue where audio units are not found by DAWs in iOS. This only started happening for me recently after purchasing the 2018 ipad. At first I thought it was limited to Cubasis, where the audio units menu would be gone from its usual place. Just now I tried to load midi and audio fx in NanoStudio 2 and again all the external AU effects were not there. It seems like a reset fixes the issue, but it is weird to see that the system cant seem to locate audio units for some reason.

It’s my understanding that AU host apps need to scan the iOS device for AU apps and update their internal database for AU apps so they can be accessed from within the AU host app. Not all AU DAWs support all AUs and they can be presented and accessed in different ways specific to the AU DAW. Some apps such as Stagelight have the option to manually scan whereas Audiobus 3 automatically scans for them. AU app developers provide information in their apps which AU host apps can use to categorize and determine how and if the AU app will be available in the AU host app.

• @chocobitz825 : if you haven't done so, power down your device and power it back up. If some AUs aren't showing up after that, provide more details such as what AUs aren't being listed in which host.

Keep in mind that an effect AU effect will probably only be visible in an effects slot and synths may only show up in a "generator" type slot.

• Thanks for the replies. That’s the odd thing. A reboot always resolves the issue, but it seems that system wide on my ipad, AUs become unscannable until I reboot. Very odd.

• Actually happened as I was typing my reply. Before rebooting all the DAWs failed to find AUs.

• How much storage space left on your iPad? Have you enabled that Offload Unused Apps setting for any apps?

• I still have over 400GBs available.

• @chocobitz825 said:
    I still have over 400GBs available.

Definitely not enough!
    :D

• @gusgranite said:
    How much storage space left on your iPad? Have you enabled that Offload Unused Apps setting for any apps?

Offload Unused Apps is a good call. @chocobitz825 have you checked that setting?

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:
    How much storage space left on your iPad? Have you enabled that Offload Unused Apps setting for any apps?

Offload Unused Apps is a good call. @chocobitz825 have you checked that setting?

I’ll give that a one a shot and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

• Just encountering this in iOS 15. Bought FAC Chorus and FAC Alteza but AUs are nowhere to be found in NanoStudio 2 :{

• Did you try opening each one in standalone first…

• Rebooting the device also helps but yes, launching the stand-alone app after install is something I always do and then reboot if that doesn't work.

• @Samu said:
    Rebooting the device also helps but yes, launching the stand-alone app after install is something I always do and then reboot if that doesn't work.

Yup