Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectAUDIO4+ using macbookpro and ipadpro

I am thinking of getting the iconnect device, and curious if any owners might chime in...

Usecase 1 - I want to run TraktorPro on my mbp (Traktor on iOS is a joke), route audio from each deck to AUM or something so I can play with all the cool AU fx, and add some synths and whatnots from iOS.

Usecase 2 - I want to run Maschine on mbp (iMaschine is a joke) into iOS so I can play with the 400 or so projects I made the past few years in Maschine.

Usecase 3 - Most of my friends haven't made it to iOS yet, so running Live or whatever into iOS is easier than coming out of digital into audio, through a mixer, and back into digital.

How do you route audio with the iconnect, is it a separate app thing or ??? Virtual audio channels or something? Does it take up the actual audio ports on it, or can everything be summed down to a stereo pair out?

Okee, any other observations appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited December 2018

Atm, I use it in the most basic form.

• Macbook Pro: Digital channel out 1+2 to internal mixer and to Digital Channel 3+4 of iPad pro
    • Ipad Pro: Digital channel out 1+2 to internal mixer and to Digital channel 3+4 of Macbook pro
    • All channels of internal mixer to Analog output 1+2 (monitors) and Headphone
      In this way i can send channel 1+2 to iPad from my macbook, and at the same time receive channel 3+4 from iPad, and vice versa.
      And i hooked a Launchkey mini to the usb-port of the audiointerface wich will be recognised by macbook and iPad
  • @Identor said:
    Atm, I use it in the most basic form.

• Macbook Pro: Digital channel out 1+2 to internal mixer and to Digital Channel 3+4 of iPad pro
    • Ipad Pro: Digital channel out 1+2 to internal mixer and to Digital channel 3+4 of Macbook pro
    • All channels of internal mixer to Analog output 1+2 (monitors) and Headphone
      In this way i can send channel 1+2 to iPad from my macbook, and at the same time receive channel 3+4 from iPad, and vice versa.
      And i hooked a Launchkey mini to the usb-port of the audiointerface wich will be recognised by macbook and iPad

Thanks!

• @scottsunn said:
    Usecase 3 - Most of my friends haven't made it to iOS yet, so running Live or whatever into iOS is easier than coming out of digital into audio, through a mixer, and back into digital.

In that case you have to install the iConnectivity software on your friend's machine, replacing one of your devices in the routing.
    For use of your own double host setup together with a 3rd audio device there's only the analog way - connecting their line outs to the line in of the iCA4+.
    The (technical) loss is negligible if the external device has a good output signal.
    (I use such a setup for 2 external DAWs, a Pro Tools and a Creamware system)