Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiomodern’s Riffer in AudioBus?

I’ve had no success creating an instance of Riffer in AudioBus and a synth within AudioBus being controlled by it. Anyone able to shed light on this.... I can get to to work in AUM but not using the AudioBus app itself...

Comments

• Worked flawlessly on first try here. Are you loading Riffer as an AU MIDI sender in the MIDI tab of AB3?

• Thanks Lukesleepwalker
    I did try it originally but had no success. But thanks for the clue... you made me try out with a bit of mind bending. I got it to work by crating and instance of Riffer and the synth in both the midi page and both in the audio page of AudioBus. It wasn’t quite as intuitive as I was hoping but it worked.
    Is this the way it is done, or how you’re achieving success....or did I stumble across a fluke occurrence?

• Not sure what you mean by having to create an instance in both the midi and audio page. You should be able to set it up in the MIDI page by putting Riffer as the "MIDI sender" and any synth as the "MIDI receiver" and then it should work (after you create a riff in Riffer, of course).

• Also, the app you load in the Midi Out slot gets automatically added as an Audio In on a new Audio Track.

• Thanks guys, i’m now on the same page :) -I have it working well and can see where I was getting confused. ....Damn Newbie ;)

• @funkspace said:
    Thanks guys, i’m now on the same page :) -I have it working well and can see where I was getting confused. ....Damn Newbie ;)

It's all good. There are no newbie questions on iOS. It's all still wild West.