Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My best Mellow track ever? │ Kom finn mig - haQ attaQ music

I think this might be my best mellow music track so far. Yeah I know I said the same thing about the last one but that's just how it is I guess. I can at least say that the video for this one is way more beautiful than the previous one. I would describe this track in a sentence it would be "warm electric pianos on a bed of strings under northern lights". Oh and the title, "kom finn mig", is Swedish and translates into "come find me".

Music apps used for this track: Cubasis 2 by steinberg, Tines by Klevgränd Produktion (KLEVGR), Discord 4 and EOS 2 by Audio Damage Inc, Waves Ultra Maximiser

The audio-visual graphics where made using Magic Music Visuals on a MacBook Pro. I then compiled the final video using LumaFusion for iOS by LumaTouch.

haqattaq

Comments

• Hello and bravo, very nice, melancolic music, thank you to share. What instrument plays the strings?

• @Kitusai said:
    Hello and bravo, very nice, melancolic music, thank you to share. What instrument plays the strings?

The string like sound was made using VOLT synth by @ka010 (Kai Aras from ”Numerical Audio”. The sound is a preset I made for my previous mellow track, only I’ve added an even longer attack and a longer release to the sound in this track.

I heavily process my sounds with EQ and compressor but I’ve also added effects.

The sound from VOLT synth has then been processed with Discord4 by Audio Damage, which I’m using like a chorus module. It’s a pitchshifting effect, but I’ve set it up so it creates a slightly dissonant chorus-like effect.

I’ve also added an EOS2 Reverb (also Audio Damage) to the sound to make it spread out.

• Very good indeed!

• Nice feel man.
    I noticed your lead (elec piano) is clicking maybe the attack (env) is too tight.. but I’ve just discovered the same thing in one of my recently finished tracks also. One of those things that’s easy to miss I guess !!

Cheers

• Amazing, Jakob! I miss some of the dubby ol' crazy tracks, but these mellow ones are so beautiful :open_mouth:

• I can’t pick bests, but very nice ..soothing and inspiring...and lovely visuals! It has always been my dream to see the Northern Lights someday.

• edited December 2018

@RUncELL No I didn miss it. Its the Tines plugin. The clicking is something that became part of my mellow track sound over time because there where no way of getting rid of it. Tines have no envelope control. So with the previous tracks I’ve had to work on trying to filter it out the click with a nice result. With this one it was hard because at the beginning of the track it really clicks a lot. The more I worked on the track the more I got used to it. But I might do something with that particular lead sound before I publish the full album.

Ps. I really wish there where envelope controls in Tines ...

• @senhorlampada I happy you like my duby stuff and I still make it (off camera, no publishing). This year I just wanted to focus on making one album. I’ll be doing the same thing for next year, but it’ll be an EDM album instead.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    I can’t pick bests, but very nice ..soothing and inspiring...and lovely visuals! It has always been my dream to see the Northern Lights someday.

Thank you! Yeah I also want to see real northern lights. :blush:

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    I can’t pick bests, but very nice ..soothing and inspiring...and lovely visuals! It has always been my dream to see the Northern Lights someday.

Thank you! Yeah I also want to see real northern lights. :blush:

Well you're not that far from where you can see them. I know you won't get them in Stockholm, but I've seen them in Umea in northern Sweden.

• edited December 2018

@jakoB_haQ said:
    ... Its the Tines plugin. The clicking is something that became part of my mellow track sound over time because there where no way of getting rid of it. ...
    The more I worked on the track the more I got used to it. But I might do something with that particular lead sound before I publish the full album.

Yes, highly recommended - it's really unpleasant and spoils the otherwise very nice (slow dance) party... ;)

• @jakoB_haQ thanks for explaining.. I don’t have Tines and yes maybe an amp env update.!
    If you have the original midi part still, maybe try another synth and similar sound - first synth that springs to mind for me is Nave, it has some nice e-pianos.
    Or try an audio editor and zoom in on each click and attenuate by 6 to 9db.. it won’t completely remove them but it might be just enough to bury them in the mix.

And @Telefunky, unpleasant may be a bit strong.. I think the delay accentuates it and that draws your focus away from the nicer sounds.

• The tines hit sound strongly resembles digital clipping, which is plain nasty imh ears.
    (but no problem if someone else likes it) ;)

• I love Jakob’s mellow work above all else the Tines plugin. Some months ago I decided to get Neo souls key studio instead of Klevgr tines. But I have a hard time to find a preset that matches the cool mellow feeling that Jakob achieved with Tines.
    Does anyone have a recommendation regarding a preset in Neo soul? Thanks in advanced...