Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I know you were wrong!!!

Last week i made a new thread about my new iPad Pro 10.5 an its battery drain..
So some people told me thats normal and as much i tried to believe them, i knew something was wrong, so i did not gave up to find out the truth. So i bought geekbench this morning, made a test, and the result was shocking...but check it out for your self:

Yeah.....damn right, my band new device has lower batterylife than the average iPad pro, wtf!?.!.
Thats fucked up right?
Merry xmas anyway....

Comments

• Take this:

• You better post a screenshot of Settings > Battery > Battery usage of the last 24 hrs

• @mistkerl This post is gonna drain you - joking - a remedy maybe to let the battery drain and re charge to 100% fully with ipad switched off Heard from others with these issues that solved it.

• You do a RAM reset to kill IAA zombies, correct? If not that will drain your battery like nothing else.

• I don't know about the details of the process, but it's about estimating what might happen at some point in future anyway. It's not a fact ;)
    From real life:
    I use an iPhone 3gs for probably 8 years now, running on it's first battery, but actually the phone has bever been used in a typical 'always engaged for whatever' way.
    Similiar experience with an iPad 2, that spent most of it's life on an ioDock and now serves the lady of the house for occasional online sessions and games.

This might imply that Apple once used 'better' batteries... or that the actual processing load/demand has some influence. Dunno.

• edited December 2018

@marmakin said:
    You do a RAM reset to kill IAA zombies, correct? If not that will drain your battery like nothing else.

@mistkerl @marmakin I dont think thats the problem because switching the ipad on/off should kill IAA - try geekbench again after fully charging ipad switched off - keep me posted

• @marmakin said:
    You do a RAM reset to kill IAA zombies, correct? If not that will drain your battery like nothing else.

Sir, what exactly is a ram reset?

@stormbeats said:
    @mistkerl This post is gonna drain you - joking - a remedy maybe to let the battery drain and re charge to 100% fully with ipad switched off Heard from others with these issues that solved it.

It was at 0% I re-charged it to 100% but never while it was switched off. I’ll try it tonight. Thank you

@Telefunky said:
    I don't know about the details of the process, but it's about estimating what might happen at some point in future anyway. It's not a fact ;)
    From real life:
    I use an iPhone 3gs for probably 8 years now, running on it's first battery, but actually the phone has bever been used in a typical 'always engaged for whatever' way.
    Similiar experience with an iPad 2, that spent most of it's life on an ioDock and now serves the lady of the house for occasional online sessions and games.

This might imply that Apple once used 'better' batteries... or that the actual processing load/demand has some influence. Dunno.

I still have a 2 years old iPad mini, it has it last much longer thorough the day. But I don’t know if this even comparable.

Ill do a few tests as soon as im home, I hope some of your tips gonna solve my DILEMMA . Thanks for participating

• edited December 2018

You can clear the RAM in your iPad by holding the power button until you get the swipe to turn off message. Then let go of the power button and hold the home button until it goes back to your home screen. This kills all background audio app processes that can secretly drain your battery. It takes about 20 seconds to do and it’s best practice to do this after each badass jam sesh. Fully restarting the device makes this unnecessary but takes way longer.

• @marmakin said:
    You can clear the RAM in your iPad by holding the power button until you get the swipe to turn off message. Then let go of the power button and hold the home button until it goes back to your home screen. This kills all background audio app processes that can secretly drain your battery. It takes about 20 seconds to do and it’s best practice to do this after each badass jam sesh. Fully restarting the device makes this unnecessary but takes way longer.

got it,. thanks, never knew this one.> @stormbeats said:

@marmakin said:

@mistkerl @marmakin I dont think thats the problem because switching the ipad on/off should kill IAA - try geekbench again after fully charging ipad switched off - keep me posted

i wonder how to avoid the ipad turning on while loading?

• Did you use the pencil for your artwork? :D

• edited December 2018

@Cib said:
    Did you use the pencil for your artwork? :D

:D

Does your brithness setting change the tests results?

• Every time I see the thread title, this starts playing in my brain.
    Enjoy! B)

• @Cib said:

I paid 100€ for it,of course i do :)

@Janosax said:

@Cib said:

:D

Does your brithness setting change the tests results?

You can choose between dim and fullpower. I think it doesn’t matter because the scores were compared to the exact same tests.

Right now my devices charges while its turned off. Will see if something’s gonna change ...

• @stormbeats said:

@marmakin said:

I did what you said....

How is that even possible, its even worse than before.. omg whats going on in the name of Jesus.

• Did you check their site for details ?
    http://support.primatelabs.com/discussions/geekbench/22626-geekbench-4-ios-battery-scores
    (scroll to bottom for the answer)