Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2018 BATTLE OF THE DAWS!!

Ok let’s say these 3 were the same price as desktop and you could only but one. Which one? And why? I have omitted Auria Pro because of the Fab Filter advantage and most people use it for mastering. It’s not really a midi DAW in the same way that these three are :Or better yet, rare them in order of your preference .
The contenders

1-Nanostudio 2

2-Cubasis 2.7

3- Stagelight

4-Garageband

Comments

• Can’t really see the point if this, no disrespect intended. You have missed some of the other brilliant apps from other wonderful developers which in itself is very disrespectful to the the work they do for the iOS music making community. Why can’t people just learn make music on whatever platform they choose without other folks making them think their chosen choice is inferior. At the end of the day it’s whats makes you happy and what come out of the speakers that count. I’m still amazed at what is possible and available within the iOS platform can we not just be thankful and be grateful for all the work all the Devs put in to making this place what it is today!

• edited December 2018

So every time someone puts up a “blank” vs “blank” post do you chime in and lecture them on “disrespect “? If I post “Vanilla Ice Cream or Choclate “ have I “disrespected” strawberry?You mean I have to post a list of like 200 apps? LMAO ... You’re hilarious!
    https://www.facebook.com/1652936998265425/posts/2690542221171559/

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

deleted

• edited December 2018

ill play along. Cubasis first then Ns2. NS2 workflow is pretty good but its not in the same ballpark as cubasis. ns2 is still young and even though i purchased at preorder, cubasis is still my goto especially after the latest update.

stagelight and auria dont interest me enough to try and i never liked using gb. i do my mastering in final touch as amateur as it is. (my mastering being amateur, not final touch)

i fail to see how this post is disrespectful. there is nothing in it that strikes me as such.

• I’m using NanoBasis 4.7 with Auria Pro as my fab filter fromarge :)

• possibly a language thing - 'the DAWs' implies a rather complete list (or at least the major players), of which several are missing. ;)

• I just want to state categorically that I'm not sure.

• edited December 2018

Auria. Midi is just fine for me in Auria. Not sure what you’re talking about. I can use Auria pretty much as I would Logic. MTS is my second choice. Midi is arguably better to work with in MTS.
    I wouldn’t invest in any of the ‘DAWs’ in the OP because they aren’t fully functional as DAWs in comparison, even Cubasis. On the desktop Reaper plus hundreds of freeby plugins would still beat any of the options on iOS for cheaper.

• 3? You listed 4 and the same desktop price for GarageBand is free....so it wins here :)
    But no...no secret that i would choose NS2 as my choice for a multi-touch DAW.
    It could be different if i could buy one DAW and then use it crossplatform. So brings back Stagelight.
    But then Cubasis has some nice new features and.....
    Ah i still buy them all then :D

• edited December 2018

CUBASIS - all the way!!

• edited December 2018

waiting to see how this pans out :)

• @kobamoto said:
    which iOS daw has the absolute best midi editing?

Imo NS2 is the fastest I’ve ever edited midi. Auria has some problems with its midi editing (such as selecting all and moving can expand some of the note lengths!)

• Hah. I only use BM3 and AEMS. Will move on 😂

• Auria Pro ftw

• cubasis in conjunction with bm3

• For some people 3 means 4

• Cubasis. Everything else is too complicated for me. Cubasis is like suckling at the musical goddess' breast. @LFS, thanks for the checks!

• Hmmm.. Was mostly interested in wjether people were sticking by Cubasis in favor of NS2. Apparently , they are.. Actually midi daw was indeed a misnomer. I meant a workstation type DAW. No mentions of Stagelight, curiously

• Cubasis for me.

• I really like NS2 and prefer the UI in general. But I can record AU midi in Cubasis - that’s big.

• Auria Pro here too.

• Stagelight. It’s the only iOS DAW I know of that allows precise off-grid note placement and editing.

• NS2, especially once the audio tracks IAP is added. Quickest MIDI editor and about the most stable. This is only my preference in regards to my personal workflow.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Ok let’s say these 3 were the same price as desktop and you could only but one. Which one? And why? I have omitted Auria Pro because of the Fab Filter advantage and most people use it for mastering. It’s not really a midi DAW in the same way that these three are :Or better yet, rare them in order of your preference .
    The contenders

1-Nanostudio 2

2-Cubasis 2.7

3- Stagelight

4-Garageband

Auria Pro or there is no fight

• @MobileMusic said:
    CUBASIS - all the way!!

lol

• edited December 2018

@ksound said:
    Stagelight. It’s the only iOS DAW I know of that allows precise off-grid note placement and editing.

@ksound : What does that mean exactly? Is it as in play without quantizing/free recoding? Not sure what you mean there.

• @Shazamm said:

@MobileMusic said:
    CUBASIS - all the way!!

lol

You should at least say why you are lol

• I’d say Cubasis is still on top . But that may change once SL and NS2 get their additional upcoming features. I’m sticking w Stagelight although those new arps sound very usable indeed .

• Beatmaker III for me