Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best way to use XLR mic thru iPad with audio interface?

Hi all,
I recently picked up a mic and while I CAN run it straight to my mixer, I'd RATHER use my audio interface to use effects, etc. The audio interface is a little Behringer U-Phoria with 2 instrument inputs (one doubles as an XLR input). I noticed AUM does not recognize these inputs, but Ive been using Tonestack for the past year for my bass guitar and it recognizes both inputs. I'm curious if there are other apps out there that recognize this, I've found VocaLive by IK Multimedia, which seems to have terrible reviews. I've tried the free app and while it seems feature-rich, I'm still open to suggestions. Ideally I would like to just have AUM recognize it but it only seems to recognize the headphone jack/mic input. I can post pics later when I get home if that would help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• AUM should see all inputs just like other apps. Have you tried hard resetting the ipad or reinstalling AUM?

• I’ve always had good results with VocaLive. I also like Mic Room. It doesn’t provide effects but you can get a good, hot signal in AUM.
    Is the Behringer the 4 channel model?

• Behringer devices seem to be a bit odd. I have the UMC404HD and it is always recognized in AUM... but have other apps that seem to struggle with it.

Try a clean reboot of your device, open AUM, then plug in the audio interface. That usually works for me.

• @Hmtx said:
    Behringer devices seem to be a bit odd. I have the UMC404HD and it is always recognized in AUM... but have other apps that seem to struggle with it.

Try a clean reboot of your device, open AUM, then plug in the audio interface. That usually works for me.

That was the issue I had with it. Would recognize everything except vocal input. Tried everything gave up and sent it back.

• Luckily this is not a huge issue for me, I might just play around with VocaLive and come up with a few good patches to use. This is an ancillary need for me, so no loss if it does not work.

thanks for the feedback :)

• @Ben said:
    I’ve always had good results with VocaLive. I also like Mic Room. It doesn’t provide effects but you can get a good, hot signal in AUM.

its the 2 channel model. VocaLive DOES seem to recognize the different channels, and it lets me send it to AUM as well. I am noticing considerably higher amount of feedback through the interface though. I'll have to play around with it for a few hours and report back. Sometimes the steps you must take with using iOS for music are super convoluted LOL

• @ambrosiajam said:

@Ben said:
    I’ve always had good results with VocaLive. I also like Mic Room. It doesn’t provide effects but you can get a good, hot signal in AUM.

its the 2 channel model. VocaLive DOES seem to recognize the different channels, and it lets me send it to AUM as well. I am noticing considerably higher amount of feedback through the interface though. I'll have to play around with it for a few hours and report back. Sometimes the steps you must take with using iOS for music are super convoluted LOL

Never a truer word has been spoken. It’s either holy grail or herding cats.

• Audiofuse immediately works, AUM, Cubasis 2, and everything else so far recognize all inputs and outputs with 0 setup. I say it a lot but get an audiofuse if you are able, I haven’t had one issue at all, while every other interface has had at least a couple issues, from connectivity, to drivers, you name it, lol. Plus, it has 3 powered usb slots, more midi controllers!

• @DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    Audiofuse immediately works, AUM, Cubasis 2, and everything else so far recognize all inputs and outputs with 0 setup. I say it a lot but get an audiofuse if you are able, I haven’t had one issue at all, while every other interface has had at least a couple issues, from connectivity, to drivers, you name it, lol. Plus, it has 3 powered usb slots, more midi controllers!

What device are using with the Audiofuse?

• edited December 2018

@Ben said:

@DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    Audiofuyse immediately works, AUM, Cubasis 2, and everything else so far recognize all inputs and outputs with 0 setup. I say it a lot but get an audiofuse if you are able, I haven’t had one issue at all, while every other interface has had at least a couple issues, from connectivity, to drivers, you name it, lol. Plus, it has 3 powered usb slots, more midi controllers!

What device are using with the Audiofuse?

iPad Pro 3rd gen, and a pc, back and forth. When I bought it, it was for a pc, but realized it works with iOS flawlessly, so been mostly just using iPad lately.

• MicSwap Pro works with any microphone or interface that connects to your device.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892?mt=8

• @garygary said:
    MicSwap Pro works with any microphone or interface that connects to your device.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892?mt=8

this looks like just the ticket. cant believe i havent noticed this one, as ive been scouring the web for something just like this haha

not to mention my region is experiencing the polar vortex / blizzard and ive been hospitalized for a few days to top it off. so needless to say i havent been able to rehearse much anyhow. I'll try this out at our next rehearsal and see if i cant blow the minds of my bandmates with some ridiculous synth-vocals :smile: