Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM questions

How do you get rid of an accidentally added effect node? A few times, I have accidentally added a second or third (empty) effect node on a channel. I haven't figured out how to get rid of them.

Is there any danger in creating Folders with the Files app to create subfolders in the AUM folder. I need badly to organize my AUM projects and I wasn't sure if I might break something if I created folders with files and moved my AUM projects into them. I've moved a couple as a test, and it seems ok so far.

Comments

• Tap on it and scroll down to uncover the “remove empty slot” option

• @Rodolfo said:
    Tap on it and scroll down to uncover the “remove empty slot” option

Brilliant! Tx

• @espiegel123 said:
    How do you get rid of an accidentally added effect node? A few times, I have accidentally added a second or third (empty) effect node on a channel. I haven't figured out how to get rid of them.

No way I can find to directly remove empty effect nodes. Seems like a minor oversight in AUM. The only alternative I can come up with is to recreate the lane with without the extra empty effect nodes and delete the old one then resave.

Is there any danger in creating Folders with the Files app to create subfolders in the AUM folder. I need badly to organize my AUM projects and I wasn't sure if I might break something if I created folders with files and moved my AUM projects into them. I've moved a couple as a test, and it seems ok so far.

I usually create the folders in AUM itself. Never thought to try moving projects around in files app. Sounds like a good tip if it is working for you. Thanks.

• If you tap on an AUM preset in the Files app, it launches straight to that preset in AUM.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    No way I can find to directly remove empty effect nodes. Seems like a minor oversight in AUM. The only alternative I can come up with is to recreate the lane with without the extra empty effect nodes and delete the old one then resave.

It works as @espiegel123 described: Just tab the empty slot as if loading an effect. The initially shown list itself can be scrolled upwards reveals the ‚Remove empty slot‘ button below the „More Effect Apps“ entry

Organizing your files into folders (even sub-folders) using the Apple Filesapp works well in AUM.

• Thanks @_ki and @Rodolfo for the tip on removing empty efx slots.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Thanks @_ki and @Rodolfo for the tip on removing empty efx slots.

😎👍🏻

• edited December 2018

@Moderndaycompiler said:

@espiegel123 said:

No way I can find to directly remove empty effect nodes. Seems like a minor oversight in AUM.

Or an oversight in users refusing to read the included manual ;)

PS. http://kymatica.com/aum/help.html

• @_ki said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

Organizing your files into folders (even sub-folders) using the Apple Filesapp works well in AUM.

In the next version of AUM, it will be super easy to select existing folders when saving as well as creating new ones.

• Jonathan,

I looked in the manual before posting. The section on nodes tells how to eject a node , but I didn't see anything about eliminating empty nodes. I just looked again. Maybe it's there and I am missing it?

@j_liljedahl said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

@espiegel123 said:

No way I can find to directly remove empty effect nodes. Seems like a minor oversight in AUM.

• edited December 2018

@espiegel123 said:
    Jonathan,

I looked in the manual before posting. The section on nodes tells how to eject a node , but I didn't see anything about eliminating empty nodes. I just looked again. Maybe it's there and I am missing it?

@j_liljedahl said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

@espiegel123 said:

Oops, that was kind of embarrassing :) I've now added a paragraph about how to remove empty effect slots.

So an WTFM (Write The F Manual) to myself there!

• :)

I am just happy to know that my dotage hadn't caused me to overlook something obvious in the manual.

@j_liljedahl said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Jonathan,

@j_liljedahl said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

@espiegel123 said:

Oops, that was kind of embarrassing :) I've now added a paragraph about how to remove empty effect slots.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Jonathan,

@j_liljedahl said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

@espiegel123 said:

Acknowledges @j_liljedahl rightly has a million iOS points but still removes two because of hubris :)

• If it is empty why does this even matter?

• screen estate is tight and precious in those AUM lines o:)

• Lol, I always thought they were there for good, but if empty didn’t matter.
    (FX slots here).
    Cool, now I can punt those empty FX slots.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    If it is empty why does this even matter?

Especially when you start trying out different apps in those effects slots and end up with empty effects slots between them.

• @InfoCheck said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    If it is empty why does this even matter?

Especially when you start trying out different apps in those effects slots and end up with empty effects slots between them.

Also note that you can re-order the fx slots by dragging them right and then up/down :)

• @j_liljedahl said:

Also note that you can re-order the fx slots by dragging them right and then up/down :)

I can't seem to get this to work to reorder fx slots. (And I did RTFM.) When I press on the node, I get the Pre/Post option. I've tried different touches and gestures, and can't find the one that gives me the re-order option. What am I missing?

Steve
    ThinAirX

• @ThinAirX said:

@j_liljedahl said:

I can't seem to get this to work to reorder fx slots. (And I did RTFM.) When I press on the node, I get the Pre/Post option. I've tried different touches and gestures, and can't find the one that gives me the re-order option. What am I missing?

Steve
    ThinAirX

The pre/post switch is a response to a long tap. In a fluid motion, tap and drag right and you will see arrows pop up to the left of the node and then you can move it. Tap and drag in a fluid motion to the left and you bypass the node. It takes a few tries to get a feel for it. The keep is not to tap, hold and drag but to drag to the right as you tap.

• This is embarrassing. After posting this I went to do some fiddling in AUM and got the reorder gesture to work, without even thinking about it. I don't know what was wrong with me before. Yeah, it takes a light touch. Maybe it was the beer ...