Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight NS2 comparison

13»

Comments

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@fattigman said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight is audiobus3 in the plans too?

Yes it is!

Great news! You guys are doing a very good job. Thanks

• edited December 2018

@MatthewAtStagelight That’s killin’! Thanks! Would be great if we could store the auv3’s within a project along with the internal instruments.

• How can anybody on this earth like to work with Stagelights design?

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@mistkerl said:
    How can anybody on this earth like to work with Stagelights design?

How can anybody on this earth assume everyone in the world would share their same design preferences?

• I really really love it and I’m on a tiny iPhone SE screen :# :* <3 o:)

• @mistkerl said:

Hi @mistkerl We're always working to improve the app.. I'd love hear more about what issues you have with our design.

• @MatthewAtStagelight : as an older person w reading glasses it’s the darkish hues in the grid for starters..

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

The lack of grid contrast is the only real biggie for me. It’s almost impossible for me to tell where the divisions are.

• @wim said:
    The lack of grid contrast is the only real biggie for me. It’s almost impossible for me to tell where the divisions are.

Same here @MatthewAtStagelight ! 😎

• edited December 2018

@MatthewAtStagelight said:

@mistkerl said:

Hi @mistkerl We're always working to improve the app.. I'd love hear more about what issues you have with our design.

Ugly color scheme :/
    Some more bright colors would be super nice. Maybe an option to choose between two or three themes like reason 10 does?

@Telstar5 said:
    I think Auv3 midi support as well as IAA is coming . Or have I heard wrong?
    @MatthewAtStagelight

Both of those features are planned for early next year.

@fattigman said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight is audiobus3 in the plans too?

Yes it is!

This is great!

• @wim :Yeah that’s what I mean

• @MatthewAtStagelight :I assume along with auv3 background audio will be in there as well?

• When is the next update to Stagelight coming @MatthewAtStagelight ?

• @WillieNegus said:
    When is the next update to Stagelight coming

@WillieNegus : Yeah, right? They must be brewing something major ..

• Wait, did they ever actually release an update with any of the features "coming in the new year"? I know it still isn't showing up in Ab3, and that iaa is not supported, but I would hope that midi AU's would be working by now....

• @Telstar5 said:

@WillieNegus said:
    When is the next update to Stagelight coming

@WillieNegus : Yeah, right? They must be brewing something major ..

Must be. Been way to quiet over in Open Labs land. Completely the opposite of why i dug SL so much. Constant bug fixes and communication from the team was a key to what I loved. Hopefully, it doesn’t go the Zero Dark Sixty way of Blip and Intua.😬

@Thardus said:
    Wait, did they ever actually release an update with any of the features "coming in the new year"? I know it still isn't showing up in Ab3, and that iaa is not supported, but I would hope that midi AU's would be working by now....

Right. Many old things still need attention. I’ll give them the benefit of no doubt. Rather hear from @MatthewAtStagelight about the state of things and what to expect. I know that major updates change version name and will be paid unlocks. No issue with that but would like to know what’s up at some point soon.

• @Thardus Did you know you can use AU Midi plugins in Stagelight today with the help of Audiobus? It's a bit cumbersome to setup, but it can be done!

Hey @WillieNegus and @Telstar5 (and everyone else:-)

Sorry for being quiet around here. We've had our heads down since this spring working on a lot of stuff, all of which has been the result of direct feedback from this community. I can't share a release time frame yet, but know we're moving as fast as possible and things are looking good!

With that said, I'd like to ask each of you how you would use Stagelight with Audiobus. What apps are you excited to be able to use with it in conjunction with Stagelight and how?

Lastly, while I know I need to make more time for this community specifically, please know anyone here can always reach me by email at [email protected]. Feel free to hit me up with requests, bug reports, etc.

Cheers!

• edited July 2019

Hi @MatthewAtStagelight

Just to kick things off I would use Blocs Wave with Audiobus synced to Stagelight with Ableton Link.

This way I could I could run Blocs Wave in sync with Stagelight while composing, and easily record straight into SL when something special happens.

Often when putting a song together you can gain inspiration from an app connected through AB. The syncing is really important though so Link implementation into SL is imperative.

Cheers
    Jed

• @Stratguy10 Thanks! To be clear, with both Stagelight and Audiobus synced with Ableton Link, you would then record the output Blocks Wave onto an audio track in Stagelight?

@Stratguy10 said:
    Hi @MatthewAtStagelight

Just to kick things off I would use Blocs Wave with Audiobus synced to Stagelight with Ableton Link.

This way I could I could run Blocs Wave in sync with Stagelight while composing, and easily record straight into SL when something special happens.

Often when putting a song together you can gain inspiration from an app connected through AB. The syncing is really important though so Link implementation into SL is imperative.

Cheers
    Jed

• Hey @MatthewAtStagelight

I didn’t realize aB3 is now functional so I should be able to route audio from Bm3 pads into SL Clips now. Have to go check that out. Looking forward to a UI refresh...hard to see some things also the mixer view is kind of buggy for me. Can’t monitor the levels of random channels.

• edited July 2019

@Stratguy10 Thanks! To be clear, with both Stagelight and Audiobus synced with Ableton Link, you would then record the output Blocks Wave onto an audio track in Stagelight?

Hi Matt

Yes Blocks Wav is a link enabled app also. Many iOS apps are these days which opens up a huge raft of compositional possibilities if the host is also :smile:

Willie - it isn’t AB compatible for audio yet but will be shortly - Matt was just asking for use cases to support the development effort.

Cheers
    Jed

• edited July 2019

SL isn’t AB3 ready yet.
    @MatthewAtStagelight even with AB3 midi workaround, the stubborn bug limiting the notes to the selected instrument takes away the joy :(
    Maybe adding AU midi and internal routing first with recording automation would be better than implementing AB3?

Nevertheless, with AB3 compatibility , SL could be play along with IAA apps and would love seeing routing audio from and to SL :)

And as feature request ,a paid IAP super duper ,dark matter driven , sampler (maybe on v5?) would be sweet :love:

• @WillieNegus said:
    Hey @MatthewAtStagelight

I didn’t realize aB3 is now functional so I should be able to route audio from Bm3 pads into SL Clips now. Have to go check that out. Looking forward to a UI refresh...hard to see some things also the mixer view is kind of buggy for me. Can’t monitor the levels of random channels.

Correct. We are not compatible for Audiobus yet, but you can route MIDI out of Audiobus into Stagelight if you set it up as a MIDI input device

@WillieNegus said:
    Hey @MatthewAtStagelight

Correct. We are not compatible for Audiobus yet, but you can route MIDI out of Audiobus into Stagelight if you set it up as a MIDI input device

Cool just tried it using AB3 virtual midi out works a treat.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Hey @MatthewAtStagelight

Cool just tried it using AB3 virtual midi out works a treat.

Nice! Thanks for confirming Jumper 🙏🏾. Looking forward. Love SL clip launcher. BM3 + SL match made in heaven.