Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Medical equipment with midi

I Was cleaning out a garage and stumbled on some really interesting and bizarre medical cables that appear to have 5pin midi outputs..

Do any of you guys have any experience repurposing similar oddities?

Also any ideas on what I can possibly use them for?

Comments

• What have you got in mind? Performing heart surgery from your midi controller?

• edited December 2018

I had a good giggle at this ;) 5 PIN DIN connectors are totally generic and used for a multitude of devices / equipment, they have nothing to do with MIDI per se :)

• If I remember correctly, that type of plug was around for various things and just picked up by midi. Just like the now standard guitar plug was originally for telephone switchboards.

• @stuck80s said:
    I Was cleaning out a garage and stumbled on some really interesting and bizarre medical cables that appear to have 5pin midi outputs..

Do any of you guys have any experience repurposing similar oddities?

Also any ideas on what I can possibly use them for?

it all looks a bit Scientology ‘E-meter’ to me :)

• Maybe for the FabDefibBassArp.

• Old car radios used to use DIN plugs for audio too.

• MIDI metronome/pacemaker app?

• @stuck80s said:

App Launcher - to bring about Calm-ageddon

• A brain link cable!
    Please sell it to me!! :D

• I was watching season 1 of Star Trek TNG last night and noticed one of the Klingon weapons they put together had a 5 pin DIN connector on it hehe

• I think it’s a nurse call cable...

• OMG! Finally an answer to why I keep getting these heart palpitations! The doctors have been stumped for months. I just discovered I had my pace maker charging cable plugged into my Electribe ES1.

AB forum is nothing short of miraculous.

• @AlleycatLA said:
    I think it’s a nurse call cable...

@wim said:
    OMG! Finally an answer to why I keep getting these heart palpitations! The doctors have been stumped for months. I just discovered I had my pace maker charging cable plugged into my Electribe ES1.

AB forum is nothing short of miraculous.

I guess you're right. It must be a MIDI Panic button.

• I plugged it up to the Electribe but it doesn’t do anything... did look pretty cool though

• edited February 2019

These cables are from a Audiology testing booth for hearing tests. You usually get a Blue and Red one along with a headset with the same colours on.

You press the buttons when you hear the tone. I use them loads of times for yearly hearing tests for my job. The military and jobs that involve hearing tests ie, Air Traffic, Sonar Operator use the system a lot.