Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.7, Micrologue ARP & 6th Anniversary Sale available

Comments

• Dear all,

Today we celebrate Cubasis’ 6th birthday, and are happy to announce the immediate availability of our 31st update release with Cubasis 2.7!

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Cubasis 2.7 adds a larger number of user-requested features such as native resolution support for the recently released iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" 2018 models and a brand-new arpeggiator for Micrologue (available as in-app purchase). Three AU MIDI plug-ins can now be added to each track; there are also 95 studio-grade effects presets available; refined support for MIDI Thru that ensures easy integration and operation of external MIDI keyboards and Core MIDI apps and much more.

Additionally, until January 7, 2019 we offer great discounts on Cubasis as well as the Waves Plug-in Bundle, Micrologue ARP (introductory price) and all remaining in-app purchases.

Existing Cubasis 2 customers are eligible for a free update to 2.7.

P.S.: If you like the update, we would be very glad to see your support in rating Cubasis on the App Store!

I’m very proud and thankful about our great team, who constantly put in all their talents, heart and mind in making Cubasis better and better.

Enjoy making music,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2018

What’s New in Cubasis 2.7

・Micrologue ARP (in-app purchase)
    Boost Cubasis’ Micrologue synth with a full-blown, feature-packed Arpeggiator. In addition, enjoy more than 75 earth-shaking ready-to-use presets to get you going instantly. Listen to some of the presets

・Native-resolution support for iPad Pro 11" & 12.9” 2018
    Enjoy an unrivalled user experience when running Cubasis on Apple's brand-new iPad Pro 11" and 12.9” 2018 devices.

・95 new effects presets
    Enjoy 95 fresh new effects presets to polish individual tracks via a simple button press, to instantly make them sound right or further tweak them to your taste.

・Audio Unit MIDI Plug-in slots extension
    Maximise your creativity by combining up to three Audio Unit MIDI plug-ins per track, such as arpeggiator, step sequencer, LFO and many more.

・MIDI Thru refresh
    Use Cubasis as your control center to easily re-route incoming MIDI to different channels for output to Core MIDI apps or hardware.

・Mixdown normalize
    Give mixdowns extra polish before sharing them with the world via a simple tap, quickly bringing them to the perfect level.

・Keyboard transpose setting
    Easily change the transposition of the on-board keyboard and external gear up to two octaves in both directions via the new keyboard transpose setting.

・Extended MIDI editor range
    Enjoy flexible MIDI editing from the highest highs to the lowest lows, with the extended C -2 to G8 MIDI editor range.

・Audiobus 3.0.6 library update
    Cubasis has been first to offer straight forward Audiobus integration, and again assures the best possible performance by embedding Audiobus' latest 3.0.6 library update.

・Elastique Pro 3.2.7 library update
    Enjoy unchanged, fluent performance when changing the tempo or pitch of audio files in real-time with Cubasis, thanks to integrating the latest Elastique Pro 3.2.7 library update.

・Maintenance
    Nothing should ever block your creative flow when capturing your greatest moments with Cubasis! For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.

• Cubasis 6th Anniversary Season Sale (runs until January 7, 2019)

・Cubasis 2 $24.99/27.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
    ・Micrologue ARP IAP introductory price $2.99/3.49€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
    ・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    ・Classic Machines IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・FX Pack 1 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・FX Pack 2 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

• Maintenance and improvements

CB-4561 Solves several serious performance issues with iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" 2018 devices.
    CB-4545 The MIDI thru status is now saved with the project file.
    CB-4558 Stopping playback no longer leads to hanging notes with external devices.
    CB-4567 Muting a track no longer leads to hanging notes.
    CB-4455 Performing a mixdown or freeze between locators now works as expected.
    CB-3838 Copy and paste of audio and MIDI events now works as expected.
    CB-3963 Velocity changes are now immediately audible.
    CB-4549 Creating duplicates of tracks that have no instruments assigned now works as expected.
    CB-4481 CC data of muted tracks no longer modulate input notes, that are played in real-time during playback.
    CB-4502 Solves a rare phenomenon, where the graphical Classic Machines user interface appears inaccurate.
    CB-4555 Solves a problem where the Amp Sim user interface was not properly updated when switching presets.
    CB-4584 Toggling the instrument list in AU fullscreen mode, no longer leads to unloading Moog Model 15.
    CB-4517 LayR AU settings are now properly saved with the project.
    CB-4512 iPad Pro 12.9": Tapping an IAA instrument icon in the instrument rack now results in properly switching to the corresponding app.
    CB-4547 The progress bar is now properly updated, when performing mixdown to FLAC.
    CB-4583 Solves a rare issue where establishing a connection with SoundCloud, can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CB-4503 Solves a problem, where the setup and mixer chapter of the in-app help could not be opened.

• That’s a bit more than just screen compatibility. ;)
    Thank you, Lars and the development team.
    Another great update.
    B)

• Excellent update! Thanks Lars :)

• tjatja
    edited December 2018

Nice and sounds good.

But what makes Cubasis totally unusable is the fact, that it still cannot render correct audio, at all.
    As before, a little piece of silence will be added in Mixdown:

This was supposed to be exactly 4 seconds.
    But Cubasis cannot handle this.
    No other DAW has such a problem!

I only tested again with MIDI, but I suppose the same is true for audio, like before.
    Your CB-4455 seems to be something different, @LFS

And I am NOT starting to chop those pieces manually.
    Instead, I am short of deleting Cubasis from all of my devices.

It was promised, that this bug will be fixed. But simply, it is not.

Sorry, but I am massively frustrated.
    Fixing bugs would be more important than adding new stuff.

• That's a nice Christmas present...thank you!

• Great update and amazing support!

• Thanks for the update.

Hoping people post lots of creative ways to use the 3 AU midi slots

• Very Cool. Thanks, Lars!

• edited December 2018

How big is the download in MBs away from my WiFi !

• So, what's the deal with not being able to set the length of the arpeggio pattern/sequence?
    It seems to be locked to 16 steps with an option to turn the steps on/off?!

Being able to set the number of steps in an arpeggio-pattern/sequence is very practical, not everything is 4/4...

It would also be quite handy to be able to use the arpeggiator with other instruments?(ie. use it as a 'midi effect').

I'll dig thru the update but triplet-grids seem to still be missing, what's the deal with that honestly?
    It can't be 'rocket science' to implement. But hay maybe the love for 4/4 is too strong at the labs or something?!?!

• Great to see more AU midi slots, nice :)

• You fixed the BeatHawk AU preset bug!!! It now correctly remembers the instrument and preset of my BeatHawk instances when loading a song. I can’t express what a big deal this is for me: thank you! (I immediately clicked on the shop icon to pick up the new arp: a small way of saying thanks in a more tangible way).

• Ah, great stuff! Thank you @LFS

• Here is my demo for the new update, I mainly focus on the new Micrologue Arpeggiator

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo for the new update, I mainly focus on the new Micrologue Arpeggiator

Another lovely great clip, Doug!
    Many thanks for your everlasting support, which is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Best,
    Lars

• edited December 2018

@LFS You reply to the video made by Doug. But why do you not reply to the earlier post of @tja ?

• Amazing support.
    Bought the arp instantly; looks pretty flexible from what I see in the promo video.

• @Pierre118 said:
    @LFS You reply to the video made by Doug. But why do you not reply to the earlier post of @tja ?

Do the best I can... much work to do when we release updates... forum support is just a hobby on top.
    Will reply to all this later on...

Best,
    Lars

• Where do you find the 95 new effects presets, please, @LFS ?

• @tja said:
    Nice and sounds good.

But what makes Cubasis totally unusable is the fact, that it still cannot render correct audio, at all.
    As before, a little piece of silence will be added in Mixdown:

This was supposed to be exactly 4 seconds.
    But Cubasis cannot handle this.
    No other DAW has such a problem!

I only tested again with MIDI, but I suppose the same is true for audio, like before.
    Your CB-4455 seems to be something different, @LFS

And I am NOT starting to chop those pieces manually.
    Instead, I am short of deleting Cubasis from all of my devices.

It was promised, that this bug will be fixed. But simply, it is not.

Sorry, but I am massively frustrated.
    Fixing bugs would be more important than adding new stuff.

Hi tja,

Thanks for your message.

With every update we try to keep the best possible balance between introducing most requested features and improving the app and/or solving issues. CB-4455 was set to address the issue mentioned in your message, but somehow seems to have failed in your case.

I will share and discuss the topic within our team.

Best,
    Lars

• @Samu said:
    I'll dig thru the update but triplet-grids seem to still be missing, what's the deal with that honestly?
    It can't be 'rocket science' to implement. But hay maybe the love for 4/4 is too strong at the labs or something?!?!

Hi Samu,

While grid support was on the list to be evaluated, we did not manage to put it in scope-wise this time.
    We will re-evaluate the topic.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo for the new update, I mainly focus on the new Micrologue Arpeggiator

Another lovely great clip, Doug!
    Many thanks for your everlasting support, which is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Best,
    Lars

Is there a hidden 'Trick' to enabled the 'Developer' menu in the settings that can be seen in Dougs video???
    (And if there is, what kind of goodies can we expect to find there?).

• Thanks for your nice comments so far - greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Lars

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:

Is there a hidden 'Trick' to enabled the 'Developer' menu in the settings that can be seen in Dougs video???
    (And if there is, what kind of goodies can we expect to find there?).

Unfortunately there is no hidden trick available, Samu... ;)

• Happy Birthday Cubasis ! Maturing very nicely as you grow up :)

• Thank you @LFS .... Superb update..... This is an AWSOME!.... It’s open more positive can of worms... Love it mate!...