Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Battery lify

Hey Guys,
i bought an iPad Pro 10.5 64gb like 2 Weeks ago and i just realized the battery goes down way to quick,at least thats what im assuming cause my last iPad 2017 wasnt like that,and i used it for a year.
As im writing this post battery went from 73% to 68% in like a few minutes.Also while using bm3 its goes down nearly every second. Is it normal? What can i do to figure it out and what should i do if something is wrong? At 67% Now...im testing out right now with display brigthness at 100% and wifi on . Please Help a man.

Comments

• 58% and i do nothing it’s just sitting on my lap and runs aida64 :/

• First restart your iPad in case some ghost apps are running in the background.

Is your iPad new or second hand? If second hand, run the battery down till dead then fully change while iPad switched off. Then run the iPad down and do this again - this can sometimes help if the user before charged the iPad often after little use or left it for long periods with little to no power in while switched off.

Check what background processes are switched on and switch them off.

Using full screen brightness does lower the battery life quite a bit. Not saying as much as you describe, but along with other things happening, it really makes a difference.

If you bought it new and you are really not happy after checking the above, take it back and demand a different one!

• Just to add - if you’ve just loaded lots of apps and files or updated iOS, it could be doing things in the background as iOS takes a little while to settle

• or you can close ghost apps by holding the power button until the “slide to turn off” screen comes up and then hold the home button until it goes back to the main screen to close ghost apps. turning off things like bluetooth helps too and lower the brightness in the settings.

• If it's brand new, then you can just drop by an Apple store.

If it's used, then you don't know what the previous owner/owners did with theirs and perhaps they abused the battery. 100% brightness etc.

The battery settings in preferences can show you which apps are consuming what, and it can help you diagnose what is eating up the battery life.

• Thanks for your comments :smile:
    Its a new one, bought it on nov 30.

Just talked to apple and they made a few tests via the internet but it says my battery comes with 100% power, so it seems there is nothing wrong.

Hmm now setted it back to factory settings and just installed a few music apps like bm3 and korg gadget + few synth.

Now it’s down to 21%
    Maybe the display was the battery sucker, imma do some tests as soon as its fully charger again. :|

• Should you switch off all background audio on apps that you are not using? You don’t need to switch background audio on at the start then back off at the end for every session you have do you?

• Lower the display brightness

• This. High brightness settings and lots of white pages seems to really drain battery fast, happens to me when using iBooks too. Always thought it was funny that reading a book kills my battery faster than watching a 4K movie....

• I'm pretty sure the 10 hour battery life estimate for a new iPad is at 50% brightness.

For sure the battery time will drop pretty fast if you need to use it at 100% brightness. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1% drop every 2 or 3 minutes.

• edited December 2018

i just had a 20 min bm3 session with 3 instances of Model d and 1 Poison-202. battery went from 94% to 91% which seems ok now. Maybe the brightness has been the bad guy. Setting it to Auto brightness helped alot. But the 1% drop from 90 to 89% while writing this Bus gave me a bad vibe tho. Guess im traumatized

• @mistkerl said:
    i just had a 20 min bm3 session with 3 instances of Model d and 1 Poison-202. battery went from 94% to 91% which seems ok now. Maybe the brightness has been the bad guy. Setting it to Auto brightness helped alot. But the 1% drop from 90 to 89% while writing this post gave me a bad vibe tho. Guess im traumatized

• Check the battery health. When the max battery is 80% it goes into CPU saving mode. Apple is offering replacement batteries (maybe just iPhone?) for $30 until the end of the year, then the price goes back to normal $80 or whatever.

• edited December 2018

Hey it’s me again, still worrying about battery life on my new iPad Pro 10.5 bought nov 30.

Wonder if you guys have some similar experiences on your I device, especially the pro users

Display brightens was about 20% and volume at 70% no external hardware used, WiFi on. A few au3 been used
    Please share your opinion

• So sad, isn’t it? :/

• edited December 2018

Share your opinion on this

• Heavy realtime audio processing uses lots of CPU cycles. Lots of CPU cycles use lots of battery. The laws of physics can only be stretched so far 😉 as long as nuclear batteries don't go mainstream in phones, I doubt you'll be able to do much about it 🤷‍♂️

• So you mean everything is alright with my device? :/

• @mistkerl said:
    So you mean everything is alright with my device? :/

It is. These devices aren’ Meant for heavy usage, battery wise.

• edited December 2018

But when I remember correctly neither my iPad mini 2 nor my iPad 2017 has these MAJOR BATTERY ISSUES. How could nobody ever made a discussion about that? If it’s a common „issue“ on these pro devices why doesn’t more people come over and say: hey mistkerl, don’t worry we all had to deal with that, it’s ok, you are not alone son..merry christmas my dear“ so whats wrong with guys? I looked up to you, since most of you are some sort of a inspiration for me, and because you are mostly quiet older than I’m, you give these warm, good uncle/grandpa feeling everybody loves. But now you let a thirty year old boy down.feeling so...lost..right now