Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps for lightweight DJ-type ‘scratching’

I am working on a track where I want to include some simple “scratching” . I am wondering what apps people like. In addition to actual, DJ style apps, I was wondering if Samplr or any of the other sampler apps can be put to this purpose. I am not after heavy-duty turntablism.

Comments

• edited December 2018

Samplr does have scratching, with two modes, one that skids over the whole sound file and another with a lot more inertia that sounds a bit more realistic.. it will depend on the length of sound you put in how much subtle control you will get.. long files will be less focused... there must be a lot of other options.. maybe the benefit of Samplr is you can scratch as many points on the sound file as you have fingers at the same time! .. and you can record the gestures..
    we could do with an Automatable Au plug in that can do this by now me thinks..

• Best solution I’ve found is downloading the free samples from a Loopmasters scratching pack and just sampling them down to what you need/want.

• @RockySmalls : Tx. Samplr seems interesting. I am going to be doing the scratching on 2 to 4 bar vocal and instrumental samples for a little flavor/spice.

@AnalogCortex : I'll check those out.

• The best I have found is to put scratching samples into Egoist mixed in with other bits n bobs.

• iMPC Pro has turntable sampling and scratching features.

• edited December 2018

I also wanted to do some casual scratching.. I downloaded the DJay LE app and bought a cheap Numark iDJ Live 2 controller. Works with your desktop computer and on your iPad rightaway....
    You really need a crossfader to make the cuts..

With 'some' :) practice you can do some decent scatches on a dj controller + an app. This girl is one of the best:

• edited December 2018

I also tried the Mixfader app.. the app works very good it's very responsive. But, you have to buy a portbale fader to connect to your iPad..

• @SlowwFloww said:
    I also tried the Mixfader app.. the app works very good it's very responsive. But, you have to buy a portbale fader to connect to your iPad..

That’s pretty cool. How does it sound?

• @AnalogCortex said:

@SlowwFloww said:

sounds great.. You can demo the app for free..
    All recent dj app's have good scratch emulation sounds... DJay, Serato, Algoriddim etc.

• @SlowwFloww said:

@AnalogCortex said:

@SlowwFloww said:

sounds great.. You can demo the app for free..
    All recent dj app's have good scratch emulation sounds... DJay, Serato, Algoriddim etc.

Purchased, thanks!

• After looking at a few more Samplr videos it looks like it might be what I need for this one track and looks like it could be a handy tool to have in my kit.

Whadyall think?

• Samplr is a legendary app, and one of my favorites. The dev has not updated it in quite some time and probably never will again, but it’s still worth 10$ for its current functionality

• edited December 2018

soundfruuze has a scratching type feature and its auv3.

• DJDJ Mixing app has scratching. nice streamlined app too