Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

xs max

just upgraded my 7 plus to the xs max and I gotta say that it is a huge improvement for what we do!
model 15 ab3 AUM every thing looks better with that extra screen real estate, obviously my iPad pro is still my fave but I will def be using the iPhone a lot more now for creating.
a couple things like kew don't use the full screen. it stretches it out but smooshes the height down a tad smaller than the 7 plus. it might be because the home bar would be in the way but moog was able to make it work.
I am really hoping to see more of my favs go universal now!!
come on audio kit 😎 please give us d1 and synth one!!!
I am definitely waiting impatiently for nano studio two now to be universal!
anyway just wanted to share my excitement and let you know it's totally worth it

Comments

• edited December 2018

Just going to the regular X was a huge improvement for me over the 7, definitely gives you more room to play.

• @Tarekith said:
    Just going to the regular X was ahhgr improvement for me over the 7, definitely gives you more room to play.

Me too!

• ThumbJam seems to no longer work on My Xs max, others?

• Interesting, thanks for your feedback.

• edited December 2018

Other than screen size have you noticed other improvements? Like being able to run more AUs for example. The other thing besides more memory that sparked my interest was recording in stereo? Have you used that?

• @Approach said:
    Other than screen size have you noticed other improvements? Like being able to run more AUs for example. The other thing besides more memory that sparked my interest was recording in stereo? Have you used that?

+1

Also, are GarageBand keyboard keys wider than on iPhone 7 Plus?

• @Janosax said:

@Approach said:

+1

Also, are GarageBand keyboard keys wider than on iPhone 7 Plus?

I just got it today right before I had to leave for work and still haven't got to really put it to any kinda test, but I'll get report back once me and my new friend get some quality alone time 😋

@Approach said:

Yes I can't wait to record into spacecraft in stereo! @deltaVaudio was telling me that spacecraft has the ability so that will be the first thing I test it out on, not all apps have it set up to record stereo

• I’ve been using my phone for random samples forever but the ability to record in stereo almost puts the phone in field recorder territory. I’m was surprised to not hear more people excited.

• edited December 2018

@Approach said:
    I’ve been using my phone for random samples forever but the ability to record in stereo almost puts the phone in field recorder territory. I’m was surprised to not hear more people excited.

What about the 'mic placement' on the XR/Xs & XsMax?
    I mean 'stereo imaging' for recording is only in proper orientation when the device is used in land-scape mode?

What about app compatibility? Do the apps automagically get stereo-support for the built-in mic-recording?
    (I've heard that some apps fail to even record on the new devices).

• @Samu said:

@Approach said:

What about app compatibility? Do the apps automagically get stereo-support for the built-in mic-recording?
    (I've heard that some apps fail to even record on the new devices).

Heard that too. So curious about your experiences

• edited December 2018

Anybody had the importunity to try for music apps XSmax vs XR (and XR vs older Plus models)?