Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jazz Fusion Odyssey (made with Loopy/Drumjam/Thumbjam)

edited December 2012 in Creations

Enjoy!

Comments

• Very cool!

Just curious, was Loopy doing any timestretching there that you didn't intend... there are more artifacts in that recording than I would expect....

• edited December 2012

I expect that's to do with the number of times I adjusted the tempo. I think it started as 90 when I made the first loops in Drumjam and a couple of simple ones in Thumbjam, and then I raised it to 120 before recording the vocals. Then I re-recorded my Thumbjam parts by dropping it to 60, as I'd never be able to play fast/accurately enough otherwise, before raising it to 120 again when I went back to Loopy.

If I want to change tempos while making a future project, I think I'll plan it out better so I don't have to timestretch the loops any more times than absolutely necessary. But I'm sure you know how it is - you get new ideas and then have to get to a point where you can play them!

EDIT: I am totally blown away by how I can make stuff like this using an iPhone. I just sat in my car and recorded the loops. My tunes earlier in the week were made on my iPad.

• Damn, that track is so quirky/happy... I couldn't help but giggle when you started singing. Good job! :D

• Tap Jazz Odyssey