Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gen 3 iPad pro users: Have you noticed significant CPU spikes?

Comments

• @mistercharlie said:
    I installed the beta and loaded up several instances of Model D and Model 15 in AUM. I got to 7 instances, plus KB-1, and it’s crackle-free, CPU around 80%, and no spikes.

I haven’t tried my Loopy/AB3/AUM setup, which was unusable due to crackling. I’ll test that in the morning.

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• Yeeeeeeeeehaaa :)

• @mistercharlie At what buffer? how about at 64 samples? curious....

• I just tried 7 instances of Model D and Model. 15 (cumulative not 7 of each) with 1024 and had not cracklings. 78% and KB-1 Controlling it all.
    iOS 12.1.1 no beta. Seem to be different from day to day. So today is a good iPad Pro music making day I guess...?!?

• Crossing my fingers for you Gen 3 Pro users. You bought the horsepower, you deserve the horsepower.

• @nerVe said:
    @mistercharlie At what buffer? how about at 64 samples? curious....

1. I tried the same patch at 64, and had to reduce it to 4 instances to avoid crackling. CPU at around 100%.

With 256, 6 instances, 85-95%

With 128, 5 instances, 85-95%

I shall test the same patches on a gen 1 Pro later.

• Hope public beta comes soon

• edited December 2018

Installed the Public Beta. Runs like hell now

• R_2R_2
    edited December 2018

@colonelgeil said:
    Installed the Public Beta. Runs like hell now

β€˜hell’ can be good or bad ;)

• haha, ya gotta laugh... or cry. This is definitely not a good thing. Confirmed that things are running poorly, but even more so now on the iOS 12.1.2 beta

• Installed the 12.1.2 beta on the 11" iPad Pro, seems to have fixed all crackling and CPU spike issues.

• One guy is saying it’s fixing everything. The other β€žthings are running poorlyβ€œ

Which is it... please the everting fix :)

• I can run model 15 without crackling,was not possible before

• Installed the beta and wow, what a difference. Stable cpu usage in BM3 and zero pops and clicks!

• Really happy since i installed the 12.1.1 on my Air2.
    Faster, no pops and crackels.
    And i think the battery is less drained.
    I can use now SynthScaper, Model15 in live situation πŸ‘ŒπŸ€˜πŸ₯³πŸ€©πŸ€—πŸ‘

• Auria Pro just updated too this evening, Between that and iOS 12.1.2 I’m blasting l2 at 64 samples with 32 bit oversampling! After a month, I am finally happy about buying the β€˜Maxi-Pad!

• Still massive crackling in Model D and 15 standalone for me on the beta

• @geophilips said:
    Still massive crackling in Model D and 15 standalone for me on the beta

Report every problem you encounter while testing

• I am more interested about Model 15 as AU. Still massive spikes on that end?

• In au no crackling.standalone I heard it.

• edited December 2018

@colonelgeil said:
    In au no crackling.standalone I heard it.

It’s probably graphical issues causing the crackling in standalone since neither app is really optimized for the screens on the new pros

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@colonelgeil said:

It’s probably graphical issues causing the crackling in standalone since neither app is really optimized for the screens on the new pros

I have crackling in AUM wth Model D. Single instance. I am going to try and reinstall the app

• edited December 2018

Thanks! @mistercharlie

Wow, Thats not bad!

I am hoping to run 8ch of AUv3 FX in AUM at 64. so... it might work! since most AUv3 FX apps are'nt as intensive as Model D/15!

@mistercharlie said:

@nerVe said:
    @mistercharlie At what buffer? how about at 64 samples? curious....

1. I tried the same patch at 64, and had to reduce it to 4 instances to avoid crackling. CPU at around 100%.

With 256, 6 instances, 85-95%

With 128, 5 instances, 85-95%

I shall test the same patches on a gen 1 Pro later.

• Here's an example:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y87A5s4NNTB1Yetq9

Several instances of various plugins and my CPU is sitting around 35%!! Much, much better.

• @geophilips said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@colonelgeil said:

I have crackling in AUM wth Model D. Single instance. I am going to try and reinstall the app

Model D’s whole UI is messed on the 2018 12.9 Pro. I’m gonna wait for it to be updated

• For anyone closely monitoring this situation like me (12.9 2018), looks like iOS 12.1.2 was released yesterday for iPhone only in response to this Qualcomm lawsuit against Apple. Guessing our fix is now slated for 12.1.3? Hopefully this didn’t delay it too much. I can confirm this issue is severe on my 2018 12.9 and nonexistent on my 2017 10.5.

• edited December 2018

Is iOS 12.1.2 release 'model specific'?
    iOS12.1.1 seems to be the latest one available for my iPad Air 2...

I'm asking this since I've been experiencing 'random slowdowns' (mostly with games) since the iOS12.1.1 update...

• @Samu said:
    Is iOS 12.1.2 release 'model specific'?
    iOS12.1.1 seems to be the latest one available for my iPad Air 2...

I'm asking this since I've been experiencing 'random slowdowns' (mostly with games) since the iOS12.1.1 update...

I think it's still in beta cause I don't get the update for the 3rd gen ipad pro.