Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEXT NEW HARDWARE VERSIONS: OctaTrack, OP1, Circuit, Volca?

edited December 2018 in Market Place

Octa: ____________.
OP1 replacement _____________.
Circuit______________-
Volca ____________.

Comments

• don´t worry. it won´t make making music better nor more fun.

• edited December 2018

@dreamrobe said:
    don´t worry. it won´t make making music better nor more fun.

Oh. Ok.

That was insightful.

Typical internet "so f'ing clever" post.

I missed the part on me thinking it would make music better or more fun in my post.

• Things I would most definitely try and get if they did come out.

• Octa______ - Hexa track ... same thing but 16 MIDI and 16 Sample tracks
    • OP1______ - OPO ... An OP1 but in the Pocket Operator format and at PO price :)
    • Circuit______ - Circuit wave ... blocs wave in a box but coupled with the Circuit sequencer and pads for loop/slice playback
    • Volca______ - Volca 05 ... A digital Volca would be a good fit, they don't offer one yet, they have analogue and FM covered....a Volca based on the old 05rw perhaps...
  • Circuit FM. Something to compete with the Digitone but a little more wallet friendly.

• Op-2 would definitely make making music more fun.

• If Elektron put out a poly Digitakt I’d be pretty happy.

• Volca Wave.

I bet they take some of the stuff from iElectribe Wave and slap it onto a Volca hardware device, then eventually a new Electribe as well.

• @lairdhenn said:
    If Elektron put out a poly Digitakt I’d be pretty happy.

Hence my true question
    Get Digitakt or Octatrak

Fearing new Octa in next year

Thinking all that DTak and Dtone revenue should expedite Development.

Not sure though ....

• They're too busy trying to get Overbridge sorted to make new hardware!

j/k

• @Tarekith said:
    They're too busy trying to get Overbridge sorted to make new hardware!

j/k

;)

• So Peak update?

Circuit?

MonoStation?

• @waynerowand said:
    Circuit FM. Something to compete with the Digitone but a little more wallet friendly.

YES! I hope.

• I doubt we will see a new octatrack anytime soon.

• @overorange said:

@waynerowand said:
    Circuit FM. Something to compete with the Digitone but a little more wallet friendly.

YES! I hope.

+1

• @vpich said:
    I doubt we will see a new octatrack anytime soon.

That is a critical thing for me.

IF that is the case, I will grab one.

IF a new one is possible in next 12 months...I will do a Digitakt.

You think I am safe to get the OCTA and not see a new machine any time soon?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@vpich said:

Yeah, it was like 8 years between 1 and 2. They fixed the screen and other things but to fully update, they would have to completely over haul it. I don’t think there is any chance....but elektron is notoriously mysterious. Figuring out their next hardware is almost like figuring out what gadget is gonna do.

Regardless, it’s so awesome anyways. Best looper for me and the way i use it the most is loading it with pre cut and fx’ed tracks and then performing with it. So much fun.

• @vpich said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@vpich said:

Yeah, it was like 8 years between 1 and 2. They fixed the screen and other things but to fully update, they would have to completely over haul it. I don’t think there is any chance....but elektron is notoriously mysterious. Figuring out their next hardware is almost like figuring out what gadget is gonna do.

Regardless, it’s so awesome anyways. Best looper for me and the way i use it the most is loading it with pre cut and fx’ed tracks and then performing with it. So much fun.

Thanks hombre.

• I also do not think a new OT is on the way anytime soon (if ever).

• @lairdhenn said:

(koolaids voice) Oh Yeahhhh

(ok now my regular voice) ... there will definitely be another digitakt before another octa, unless elektron are just crazy people who like to make things more difficult than they have to be for fun. Digitakt - stereo sampling, more sample storage, more samples per project, poly, batt for true mobility, more extensive sample editing features, maybe make it 16 tracks that can all be anything you want them to be instead of half audio and half midi...... would be one sweet machine

• edited December 2018

Sold Digitakt and a bunch of extra stuff that I wasn’t using to fund an Akai MPC Live. Seemed to fall nicely between the Digitakt (appreciated it, but we never got along) and the Oktatrack Mkii (very expensive here in Japan and more of a sample mangler from research).

I am excited to get it this weekend and hook it up to my blofeld and iPad. Hoping it is a good fit, and excited to autosample some of my ipad synths like KQ Dixie, Kauldron, Synthscaper, etc... :)

• Octatrack seems to be a great mangler with a mega steep hard to master workflow...
    I watched many many videos about it...and just thought wow it takes so much to do so little
    Not for me
    we need an eztrack

• I tend to do better music without these kind of things. I do like the Volcas a lot though..

Whatever the final Volca will be, it better have some hack points like the rest of them.

• Wish they’d do a circuit mini.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@vpich said:

Two factors suggest there will be no OT Mk3 anytime soon...or perhaps ever. The Mk2 is relatively recent. There's absolutely nothing new about it except improved audio input (output apparently the same), and some shortcut buttons. Apart from that ....it's exactly the same as the MK1. 2) The developer of the OT OS passed away a few years ago. The question is whether it would make sense for the other developers at Elektron to build upon / further develop someone else's creation rather than develop something new. If the Digitakt is based upon the OT OS, then it is a reduced version, albeit with better fx (but global, not per track with the OT, it dosn't further develop the OT concept.

Pure speculation but I get the impression Electron will continue to develop smaller, relatively less complex (thus less features) and relatively less expensive units than the black trinity and the MD and MM.
    Last night I loaded up 4 loops of beats / riffs I made with Ruis Noir and Eleasric Drums, then had the OT sequence 2 hardware synths in including multiple modulation with lfos. Basically it was like having 4 instances of Sector all controllable at the same time, Rozeta driving hardware (though with Rozeta you can't programme x10 different cc values per step! Oh, plus gliding / switching between over 10 fx settings on numerous tracks. The OT doesn't do everything and it's not a DAW, but it can do what no other hardware can do. I love scenes!

• edited December 2018

@kobamoto said:

@lairdhenn said:

(ok now my regular voice) ... there will definitely be another digitakt before another octa, unless elektron are just crazy people who like to make things more difficult than they have to be for fun. Digitakt - stereo sampling, more sample storage, more samples per project, poly, batt for true mobility, more extensive sample editing features, maybe make it 16 tracks that can all be anything you want them to be instead of half audio and half midi...... would be one sweet machine

Stereo sampling - Octatrack
    More storage - Octatrack with 64 gb flash
    Polyphony - use a track per voice and bounce down
    Sod a battery - more outputs!

"elektron are just crazy people who like to make things more difficult than they have to be for fun"

Scenes on the Octatrack are among the most radical / fun features on any bit of hardware or soft I've tried. How would you make the implementation of scenes "easier"?

There's no gain without pain.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Things I would most definitely try and get if they did come out.

• Octa______ - Hexa track ... same thing but 16 MIDI and 16 Sample tracks

What you describe exists: Octatrack x2 ;-)

• edited December 2018

@ElectroHead said:

@kobamoto said:

@lairdhenn said:

Stereo sampling - Octatrack
    More storage - Octatrack with 64 gb flash
    Polyphony - use a track per voice and bounce down
    Sod a battery - more outputs!

"elektron are just crazy people who like to make things more difficult than they have to be for fun"

Scenes on the Octatrack are among the most radical / fun features on any bit of hardware or soft I've tried. How would you make the implementation of scenes "easier"?

There's no gain without pain.

nah octa doesn't feel like the digitakt that's the core issue it's not just the feature set and the digitakt has it's own workflow, and character of sound that is pleasing... plus there will be overbridge, I'd rather have battery power than physical outs for how I'm using it.

often overlooked
    computers don't feel like hardware
    maschine doesn't feel like the mpc
    bm3 doesn't feel like the impc
    logic doesn't feel like ableton
    octatrack doesn't feel like a digitakt

• edited December 2018

nah octa doesn't feel like the digitakt that's the core issue it's not just the feature set and the digitakt has it's own workflow

Do you speak from comparative experience with the OT v DT, or just convincing yourself not to gas for an OT? ;-)

The sequencers for midi and audio are pretty much identical on both the OT and DT so the workflow ain't that different.

"MPC 2500 doesn't feel like an MPC 1000" ???

• edited December 2018

I spent the longest time so far with one today actually but I have never owned one. I plan on it one of these days but I decided today that I could wait.... and they feel far less like each other than the diff between the mpc 2500 and 1000, but that is a great example because when I first got the 2500 it was because of how different it felt to the 1000 I already had... sure the os was the same but that's not all that is involved, whenever I was playing live on the 1000 it just irritated me, the balance wasn't there and it's a common reason that many 1000 users move to the 2500. ... They are more like the mpc x and mpc live, a lot of folks want to move to the mpc x for this very reason in spite of the mpc live having the same os as the X

the digitakt and octatrack have even more of an actual difference and feel, I really think the octa mk3 will be the digitakt mk2... it'll be more fluid than the octa as elektron have learned a lot from the digitakt already, it's got a much larger sweet spot than the octa or the rytm

• Of course a lot depends on what style of music you make / want to make.

There is undoubtedly a slightly better quality to the sample engine of the DT, but I think it's a misnomer to talk about "sweet spots" in samplers as so much is to do with the sounds you feed it, whereas sound generators (synths) excel at generating certain sounds over others - their sweet spots. As purely a drum machine the Digitakt is probably sonically preferable also due to mono tracks and I'd tempted if it had at least 4 outs.