Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delayed responses this week. We've simply been slammed with tasks and preparing to roll out 4.0.3 this coming Monday.

Oh now there’s some good news. Don’t let us distract you. :)

• edited December 2018

@eross said:

is there any way to program velocity in this page of the drum grid? I’d like to make some ghost notes in my pattern.

Long press on a ‘cell’, swiping up to increase velocity and down to decrease it.... I think...

o:)

• @RajahP said:

@eross said:

is there any way to program velocity in this page of the drum grid? I’d like to make some ghost notes in my pattern.

Long press on a ‘cell’, swiping up to increase velocity and down to decrease it.... I think...

o:)

ooo awesome thanks

• edited December 2018

@MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delayed responses this week. We've simply been slammed with tasks and preparing to roll out 4.0.3 this coming Monday. See below for more responses

@wim said:

@Monoboy said:
    Is it possible to convert a midi part on the fly to an audio clip on the next track below (when in the Ableton style live view) - freezing is a good function but would like a midi part to audio clip converter on the fly style feature!

Not seamlessly, but you can find the audio file of the frozen track and add it as an audio track:

1. Freeze the track
    2. Add an audio track
    3. In the sample browser, select User from the drop down, then touch the file icon at the right.
    4. Browse to On My iPad > Stagelight > Songs > {Song Name} > Audio Files to find the audio file. It’ll be named something like “Frozen Pattern - cf30c214“

This functionality has been discussed and we'll do our best to get fit into the current roadmap.

@mannix said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight or any other persson on this list.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the Unlock All feature as IAP for iOS but 3 questions that are unclear to me. And I would like to see answered before purchase.
    1. I used another emailadres than my Apple ID to register Stagelight on my iPhone. Can I just buy the credits with with my Apple ID and will this linked to the email I registered with?
    2. So is my Stagelight account not directly linked to my Apple ID email and completely independent form Apple? If this is the case I see it as a good thing. To be clear I rather use one specific email, that's not the one of my Apple ID, for all Stagelight purchases because I probably will also go for the Windows and Android unlock in the (near) future and am not interested to have linked them all up/
    3. Is there a limit to iDevices you can login into Stagelight with the registered email once you bought the iOS unlock and some other In App Purchases?
    3a. In the line of question 3. Once purchased unlocks and other IAPs on devices on different platforms. For example iOS and Windows is there a limited to devices on which I can install and work with Stagelight and the different IAPs and have access to them?

1. You can use any email you want to create an account, but if you want to want to use Stagelight on any other device, you will want to use the same email address so your purchased features and credits can be used.
    2. Correct, your Stagelight ID is linked to a single email address of your choosing. It does not have to be your AppleID
    3. No. We do not limit the amount of any devices you can use Stagelight on. The key word here is "you". You can install Stagelight on any device you own, but we obviously don't want people sharing their accounts with others. On Mobile platforms our in-app purchases are Store Credits. Store Credits purchased can be used on any OS platform that you are logged into. V4 Unlocks purchased in our store are platform specific, meaning if you have only purchased the iOS Unlock V4, you will only have access to all Stagelight features on iOS devices. To get the same featureset on Windows, you would need to purchase the Windows V4 unlock. The only exception here is if you opt for the Ultimate Unlock, in which all other platform unlocks are included as well as our StorePass feature.

@MatthewAtStagelight Thanks for clearing this up! :)

• Happy Monday Everyone!

Stagelight 4.0.3 is rolling out now.

Change log

-Fixed a potential crash during mixdown
    -Fixed Drum Sound Automation Crash
    -SampleVerse: Fixed LFO master volume Control
    -SampleVerse: Fixed LFO sync issues
    -SampleVerse: Recalling Oscillator gains correctly
    -SampleVerse: Fixed saved SFZ exporting
    -SampleVerse: Fixed Oscillator Save As menu
    -Sequencer: Fixed Pitch Wheel recording issue
    -Sequencer: prevent recording empty clip patterns
    -Sequencer: Fix for occasional "cannot save during recording" error
    -Sequencer: FIx for MIDI Clock Start/Stop issue
    -Freeze: Fixed unfrozen drum tracks recalling the correct sounds
    -Freeze: Fixed unfreezing for 3rd party plugins
    -Freeze: Fixed audio playback on frozen track on timeline
    -Freeze: Fixed potential lockup on loading
    -Plugins: Fixed some plugin delay compensation
    -Plugins: fixed issue with saving presets in ElectroInstruments

On to 4.0.4 this week.. stay tuned!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

Excellent! Looking forward to 4.0.4 and hopefully a fix to the ‘out of tune’ bug.

• tjatja
    edited December 2018

@MatthewAtStagelight Great news!

Can SampleVerse stream from disk like Lyra (Auria Pro)?
    Or only for RAM like bs16i?

NS2 and AudioLayer also only from RAM, i think.

• @gregsmith said:

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

Excellent! Looking forward to 4.0.4 and hopefully a fix to the ‘out of tune’ bug.

For the out of tune issue with Zeeon, can anyone confirm that it works ok in other AU hosts on teh new iphone x and ipad pro?

@tja said:

RAM only for now

• I tried Zeeon latest beta in AUM and Stagelight worked fine but in Stagelight when I selected presets other than those I have saved in a personal folder, the sound was sharp like one note off.

But when I selected the presets in my personal folder, they were spot on.

On iPhone SE latest OS.

@gregsmith said:

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

For the out of tune issue with Zeeon, can anyone confirm that it works ok in other AU hosts on teh new iphone x and ipad pro?

@tja said:

RAM only for now

• @tja said:
    AudioLayer also only from RAM, i think.

No. From the Virsyn AudioLayer specs it has a Disk Streaming Design:

SSE - Streaming Sample Engine

The ultra efficient Streaming Sample Engine SSE is capable of playing hundreds of voices of big multi-sampled instruments even in strictly resource limited applications like using multiple instances of AudioLayer in AudioUnit host environments. Innovative features like Sub Sample Looping for perfect loops even in the audible range extend the range of applications even further.

We just need an AudioLayer update adding more import options.
    Still waiting to fill this niche. SFZ great but even SF2 would be helpful. It seems like SF2's are often a complete bundle of instruments like a General MIDI sound set. Are SFZ's always single instruments like Apples ESX24's? If yes... then SFZ is the likely next step even tho' SF2 are probably easier to import since they have fewer details about layering, triggering events, etc. I think.

• @McDtracy said:

@tja said:
    AudioLayer also only from RAM, i think.

No. From the Virsyn AudioLayer specs it has a Disk Streaming Design:

SSE - Streaming Sample Engine

The ultra efficient Streaming Sample Engine SSE is capable of playing hundreds of voices of big multi-sampled instruments even in strictly resource limited applications like using multiple instances of AudioLayer in AudioUnit host environments. Innovative features like Sub Sample Looping for perfect loops even in the audible range extend the range of applications even further.

We just need an AudioLayer update adding more import options.
    Still waiting to fill this niche. SFZ great but even SF2 would be helpful. It seems like SF2's are often a complete bundle of instruments like a General MIDI sound set. Are SFZ's always single instruments like Apples ESX24's? If yes... then SFZ is the likely next step even tho' SF2 are probably easier to import since they have fewer details about layering, triggering events, etc. I think.

It also looks like it needs improvements getting the looping points to import correctly but they could be an ESX24 detail they didn't get right. Not sure.

Something is coming according to @Kuhl.

• edited December 2018

@gregsmith said:

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

It’s fine in Audio Evolution Mobile on iPhone X

• Thanks for helping with @gregsmith

Can you check and see if your project settings in Audio Evolution are set to 44.1 or 48k? If I recall correctly, Audio Evolution allows you to set this. If so, can you set a project to 48k, then load Zeeon and see if the problem persists?

Thanks!

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

• @MatthewAtStagelight, please consider moving AU preset recall WAY up the list of things to fix. it’s disappointing to program and save patches for several instances of an AU synth (like Synthmaster One), then come back later to find them all defaulted to “init”, and the SL user preset list blank as if they were never created in the first place.

• in stagelight is it possible to nudge notes off the grid?

• @MatthewAtStagelight Is there a way to refresh the external plugins list? I installed some AUs after I installed Stagelight but the new installed ones are not showing up, also after I closed and restarted Stagelight. Could be something simple I'm nor aware off but also a small bug

• @kobamoto said:
    in stagelight is it possible to nudge notes off the grid?

Which grid? the drum sequencer or a midi clip? In the drum sequencer grid you can nudge notes using the automation tools built in. You can turn snapping on or off in a normal midi clip at any time. Is that what you mean?

• @kobamoto said:

Yes.

• @greengrocer said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight Is there a way to refresh the external plugins list? I installed some AUs after I installed Stagelight but the new installed ones are not showing up, also after I closed and restarted Stagelight. Could be something simple I'm nor aware off but also a small bug

Settings > Scan for New or Scan for All

I’ve enabled scanning for new on startup and it has caused no problems.

• I believe there will be some fixes for this in 4.0.4. I'll do some testing with Synthmaster One to confirm

@ZenLizard said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight, please consider moving AU preset recall WAY up the list of things to fix. it’s disappointing to program and save patches for several instances of an AU synth (like Synthmaster One), then come back later to find them all defaulted to “init”, and the SL user preset list blank as if they were never created in the first place.

Yes, use the move knob in the MIDI editor inspector, or disable snap to grid in the MIDI Editor menu

@kobamoto said:

Yes, go to the Main Menu and select Settings, then click on the Plugins tab. You can then press the scan for new button. You can also enable an option called "Scan for Plugins at Startup" to do this automatically every time you launch SL

@greengrocer said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight Is there a way to refresh the external plugins list? I installed some AUs after I installed Stagelight but the new installed ones are not showing up, also after I closed and restarted Stagelight. Could be something simple I'm nor aware off but also a small bug

• edited December 2018

@greengrocer said:

Look in the settings for “rescan” on the plugin settings tab

• edited December 2018

Zen L. & Wim & Matthew!.. Gracias, well I guess stagelight really is the bar

• Hi,
    Is it possible to record Au Effect automation yet?

I’ve been able to draw automation for Audio Damage Replicant 2 (works perfectly), but SL doesn’t seem to let me record it in. Am I missing something? Or has recording au effect automation not been added yet?

Many thanks!

• One question, can I copy any automation like in ableton with Stagelight?

• @ZenLizard said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight, please consider moving AU preset recall WAY up the list of things to fix. it’s disappointing to program and save patches for several instances of an AU synth (like Synthmaster One), then come back later to find them all defaulted to “init”, and the SL user preset list blank as if they were never created in the first place.

@ZenLizard : For SURE!!!!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

Hi Matthew and the iOS Development team,
    first of all I have to congratulate and thank you for this amazing App!
    Unfortunately I found a bug concerning Patterns/notes with MPE Data.
    If a pattern or a note is copied, the MPE data is missing in the copied note/pattern.
    It also would be nice, if there was an option to select which data you want to copy (note only, controller/pitch bend data only, or everything.
    I’m shure you busy bees will fix this soon,
    Greetings from Germany,
    Plø

• edited December 2018

Thanks for helping with @gregsmith

Can you check and see if your project settings in Audio Evolution are set to 44.1 or 48k? If I recall correctly, Audio Evolution allows you to set this. If so, can you set a project to 48k, then load Zeeon and see if the problem persists?

Thanks!

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

I get this message when switching sample rates. ‘Sample rate conversion’ presumably is the fix?

• @gregsmith and to confirm, zeeon sounds in tune with other instruments at 48k when playing through the speakers of your device?

@gregsmith said:

Thanks!

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

I get this message when switching sample rates. ‘Sample rate conversion’ presumably is the fix?

@gregsmith said:

Thanks!

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

Happy Monday Everyone!

Change log

• I just grabbed the iOS unlock v4 for 8.99$ with a 6$ credit I had from beta I assume, seems totally worth 9 bucks, and it shows an 11$ credit in my account now.... Between this, ns2, Modstep, aum,ab3, Apematrix, cubasis, and more lol we should be good for a while right 😂