Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• In Stagelight, go to settings and into the audio tab and tell me what sample rate is reported on your Ipad pro and your iphone x? Is on 44.1 vs 48k?

@gregsmith said:

@MatthewAtStagelight said:
    We will look into supporting cloud sync from iOS settings in the near future.

@gregsmith said:

@OpenLabstechsupport said:

@gregsmith said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight

Hi Matt

Another question you can hopefully answer. I’ve set my stagelight settings to save to iCloud but the stagelight user folder is still in the ‘on my iphone’ location in the files app.

Any idea how to make this work? I often switch between iPhone and iPad.

Thanks

Hello,

The Stagelight user folder holds of of your songs and downloaded content. You cna not change this location on IOS, you can choose to save your mixdowns to your iCloud folder, but not songs currently. Current, the only cloud saving service we have set up for songs on IOS is Mircosoft OneDrive. We will be adding more cloud saving options soon.

Thanks for the clarification. The transfer function will do fine.

Funnily enough I just transferred a song from my iPad Pro 10.7 to iPhone X and it’s out of tune on iPhone. It wasn’t on the iPad.

It seems to be Kronecker that’s out of tune this time.

I hope this helps solve the bug.

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:
    In Stagelight, go to settings and into the audio tab and tell me what sample rate is reported on your Ipad pro and your iphone x? Is on 44.1 vs 48k?

@gregsmith said:

We will look into supporting cloud sync from iOS settings in the near future.

@gregsmith said:

@OpenLabstechsupport said:

@gregsmith said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight

Hi Matt

Another question you can hopefully answer. I’ve set my stagelight settings to save to iCloud but the stagelight user folder is still in the ‘on my iphone’ location in the files app.

Any idea how to make this work? I often switch between iPhone and iPad.

Thanks

Hello,

The Stagelight user folder holds of of your songs and downloaded content. You cna not change this location on IOS, you can choose to save your mixdowns to your iCloud folder, but not songs currently. Current, the only cloud saving service we have set up for songs on IOS is Mircosoft OneDrive. We will be adding more cloud saving options soon.

Thanks for the clarification. The transfer function will do fine.

Funnily enough I just transferred a song from my iPad Pro 10.7 to iPhone X and it’s out of tune on iPhone. It wasn’t on the iPad.

It seems to be Kronecker that’s out of tune this time.

I hope this helps solve the bug.

Yep 44100 on iPad Pro, 48000 on iPhone X

• I think that points to a sample rate conversion issue. The iPhone X is probably locked to 48kHz, and maybe the original happened at 44.1kHz.

• @wim said:
    I think that points to a sample rate conversion issue. The iPhone X is probably locked to 48kHz, and maybe the original happened at 44.1kHz.

Yep. Something we'll need to fix! It wont make the 4.0.3 patch, but we'll get it sorted with 4.0.4

• edited December 2018

@wim said:
    I think that points to a sample rate conversion issue. The iPhone X is probably locked to 48kHz, and maybe the original happened at 44.1kHz.

Yep. Something we'll need to fix! It wont make the 4.0.3 patch, but we'll get it sorted with 4.0.4

Brilliant, thanks for listening to your users.

If you want me to beta test let me know.

• Would love to have you onboard. Email me at [email protected] with your email address linked to your AppleID and send an invite.

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

Brilliant, thanks for listening to your users.

If you want me to beta test let me know.

• edited December 2018

Is it possible to convert a midi part on the fly to an audio clip on the next track below? (when in the Ableton style live view) - freezing is a good function but would like a midi part to audio clip converter on the fly style feature!

• @Monoboy said:
    Is it possible to convert a midi part on the fly to an audio clip on the next track below (when in the Ableton style live view) - freezing is a good function but would like a midi part to audio clip converter on the fly style feature!

Not seamlessly, but you can find the audio file of the frozen track and add it as an audio track:

1. Freeze the track
    2. Add an audio track
    3. In the sample browser, select User from the drop down, then touch the file icon at the right.
    4. Browse to On My iPad > Stagelight > Songs > {Song Name} > Audio Files to find the audio file. It’ll be named something like “Frozen Pattern - cf30c214“
  • @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight or any other persson on this list.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the Unlock All feature as IAP for iOS but 3 questions that are unclear to me. And I would like to see answered before purchase.
    1. I used another emailadres than my Apple ID to register Stagelight on my iPhone. Can I just buy the credits with with my Apple ID and will this linked to the email I registered with?
    2. So is my Stagelight account not directly linked to my Apple ID email and completely independent form Apple? If this is the case I see it as a good thing. To be clear I rather use one specific email, that's not the one of my Apple ID, for all Stagelight purchases because I probably will also go for the Windows and Android unlock in the (near) future and am not interested to have linked them all up/
    3. Is there a limit to iDevices you can login into Stagelight with the registered email once you bought the iOS unlock and some other In App Purchases?
    3a. In the line of question 3. Once purchased unlocks and other IAPs on devices on different platforms. For example iOS and Windows is there a limited to devices on which I can install and work with Stagelight and the different IAPs and have access to them?

• edited December 2018

@mannix said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight or any other persson on this list.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the Unlock All feature as IAP for iOS but 3 questions that are unclear to me. And I would like to see answered before purchase.
    1. I used another emailadres than my Apple ID to register Stagelight on my iPhone. Can I just buy the credits with with my Apple ID and will this linked to the email I registered with?
    2. So is my Stagelight account not directly linked to my Apple ID email and completely independent form Apple? If this is the case I see it as a good thing. To be clear I rather use one specific email, that's not the one of my Apple ID, for all Stagelight purchases because I probably will also go for the Windows and Android unlock in the (near) future and am not interested to have linked them all up/
    3. Is there a limit to iDevices you can login into Stagelight with the registered email once you bought the iOS unlock and some other In App Purchases?
    3a. In the line of question 3. Once purchased unlocks and other IAPs on devices on different platforms. For example iOS and Windows is there a limited to devices on which I can install and work with Stagelight and the different IAPs and have access to them?

Good and relevant questions. I have the impression that Apple ID and Stagelight email don't have to be the same. You also can buy credits in Android playstore. But think it's really a must if you want to use Stagelight on different platforms that you use the same emailadress for Stagelight on all platforms.

The limit of iDevices is a point though. The Open Labs license agreement is clear:
    "Device license. You may install one copy of the software on one hardware device for your internal business use or your own personal enjoyment. The software may only be used by one person at time, unless you have purchased licenses for additional users."
    I own multiple iOS devices, as probably a lot of forum members, but I only may install it on one iOS device. This is for me unacceptable because I want, as with all my apps, use them on all my devices which I only can if I buy a license for every iOS device (6 in total btw). I also have the impression that Stagelight with it's credit and seperate registration bypasses Apples policy that you can have your apps installed on at least 10 iOS devices using the same Apple ID.
    For me this was the reason to not purchase Stagelight. But I would like to hear what @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight have to say about this. A lot of people using iOS have an iPhone and iPad which already means you have to purchase 2 licenses. So tricky business. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Hi @MatthewAtStagelight I just watched this video where a fellow member of the iPad Musician forum in Facebook tried to make Tonebridge work in StageLight, but for some reason it only works in mono. I tried different settings but unfortunately had the same result.
    Could you please take a look at this issue? Tonebridge is the only gutar amp/fx simulator available as AUv3 plugin so it’s the only way at the moment to properly record electric guitars in StageLight.
    Thanks!

• How do you "copy paste" on piano roll?

What enables the edit features when on piano roll?

Thanks

don't like manuals or .........m e g a t h r e a d s.

LOL

• is there a way to flatten or print a frozen track directly to the timeline. similar to what other daws like abelton do?

• edited December 2018

@RUST( i )K said:
    How do you "copy paste" on piano roll?

What enables the edit features when on piano roll?

Thanks

don't like manuals or .........m e g a t h r e a d s.

LOL

Press the arrow cursor and this will pop up:

You can also press, hold, then drag to lasoo multiple notes in the piano roll

• Hi @MatthewAtStagelight and @OpenLabstechsupport ,

I think I found a bug. I use my iPhone 7+ exclusively, so that’s where all my tests have been done. While trying to do automation for midi, I have been unable to find the volume and velocity automation. Then it occurred to me that it looks like the top of the screen is cut off and not displaying correctly. I suspect that that is why I am not seeing the volume or velocity. I am going to attach a screenshot to this thread that will hopefully explain what I see.

• The types of samples I am trying to use requires both volume and velocity, so this is important to me. Thanks!

• edited December 2018

@Audiojunkie said:
    The types of samples I am trying to use requires both volume and velocity, so this is important to me. Thanks!

Hey iPhone 7 Plus only brother!!! Check your settings, I use those ones an no issues:

You could report your issue to SL team as menu should appear correctly at every scaling setting.

About velocity, choose paint brush tool from tools pop up menu, and then scroll any note vertically to change its velocity (note color will change accordingly):

Or drag over notes to select them OR use multi select tool from up tools pop up menu, then use velocity knob in the left menu to change multiple notes velocities:

• @Rodolfo said:
    Hi @MatthewAtStagelight I just watched this video where a fellow member of the iPad Musician forum in Facebook tried to make Tonebridge work in StageLight, but for some reason it only works in mono. I tried different settings but unfortunately had the same result.
    Could you please take a look at this issue? Tonebridge is the only gutar amp/fx simulator available as AUv3 plugin so it’s the only way at the moment to properly record electric guitars in StageLight.
    Thanks!

I too have had the same result. Even tried the "loopback trick" to see if I could route my Bias FX out to my external gear, and then route the audio back again. It works well in other apps, however in Stagelight, when I add an audio track, click settings and go to I/O settings for that track I can't select anything but "Input 1 - Mono", which is my only option. In for example AUM I can select between my two stereo pairs coming in (or of course just pick L/R from one of them should I wish to do so).

• Ok, seems Stagelight is the DAW that I think I want to invest my time in. But, how do you record from Loopbuilder to Timeline.. is that feature only available in the paid version?
    Looking at this video, it does not have the button to ‘record to timeline on my version..

Thanks..

• @RajahP said:
    Ok, seems Stagelight is the DAW that I think I want to invest my time in. But, how do you record from Loopbuilder to Timeline.. is that feature only available in the paid version?
    Looking at this video, it does not have the button to ‘record to timeline on my version..

Thanks..

If you long tap the record button you’ll get other options and among them you’ll find “record to timeline”

• @RajahP said:
    Ok, seems Stagelight is the DAW that I think I want to invest my time in. But, how do you record from Loopbuilder to Timeline.. is that feature only available in the paid version?

Thanks..

If you are in loop builder and you long-press the record button, record to timeline will be an option in the pop-up that comes up. I have the unlocked version so have no idea if that works or not in the free test version.

• @Janosax said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    The types of samples I am trying to use requires both volume and velocity, so this is important to me. Thanks!

Hey iPhone 7 Plus only brother!!! Check your settings, I use those ones an no issues:

You could report your issue to SL team as menu should appear correctly at every scaling setting.

About velocity, choose paint brush tool from tools pop up menu, and then scroll any note vertically to change its velocity (note color will change accordingly):

Or drag over notes to select them OR use multi select tool from up tools pop up menu, then use velocity knob in the left menu to change multiple notes velocities:

Nice!! Thank you!! You are right, it SHOULD appear properly at any scale setting. But this info you gave me is VERY useful!! Thank you!!

• @Rodolfo said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

If you long tap the record button you’ll get other options and among them you’ll find “record to timeline”

Thanks Bud.. just saw it... very nice... yep this is the one..

Thanks..

• @hellquist said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

If you are in loop builder and you long-press the record button, record to timeline will be an option in the pop-up that comes up. I have the unlocked version so have no idea if that works or not in the free test version.

Yep it do.. thanks..

• Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delayed responses this week. We've simply been slammed with tasks and preparing to roll out 4.0.3 this coming Monday. See below for more responses

@wim said:

@Monoboy said:
    Is it possible to convert a midi part on the fly to an audio clip on the next track below (when in the Ableton style live view) - freezing is a good function but would like a midi part to audio clip converter on the fly style feature!

Not seamlessly, but you can find the audio file of the frozen track and add it as an audio track:

1. Freeze the track
    2. Add an audio track
    3. In the sample browser, select User from the drop down, then touch the file icon at the right.
    4. Browse to On My iPad > Stagelight > Songs > {Song Name} > Audio Files to find the audio file. It’ll be named something like “Frozen Pattern - cf30c214“

This functionality has been discussed and we'll do our best to get fit into the current roadmap.

@mannix said:

1. You can use any email you want to create an account, but if you want to want to use Stagelight on any other device, you will want to use the same email address so your purchased features and credits can be used.
    2. Correct, your Stagelight ID is linked to a single email address of your choosing. It does not have to be your AppleID
    3. No. We do not limit the amount of any devices you can use Stagelight on. The key word here is "you". You can install Stagelight on any device you own, but we obviously don't want people sharing their accounts with others. On Mobile platforms our in-app purchases are Store Credits. Store Credits purchased can be used on any OS platform that you are logged into. V4 Unlocks purchased in our store are platform specific, meaning if you have only purchased the iOS Unlock V4, you will only have access to all Stagelight features on iOS devices. To get the same featureset on Windows, you would need to purchase the Windows V4 unlock. The only exception here is if you opt for the Ultimate Unlock, in which all other platform unlocks are included as well as our StorePass feature.
  • @Audiojunkie said:

@Janosax said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Nice!! Thank you!! You are right, it SHOULD appear properly at any scale setting. But this info you gave me is VERY useful!! Thank you!!

Updating our MIDI editor tools is currently planned during our 4.x release cycle. Personally I can't wait to get this, but we have a lot of those tasks :-)

• Thanks for reporting. You should be able access any menus at any scale factor! We'll get a fix for that.

@Audiojunkie said:

@Janosax said:

@Audiojunkie said:

• Got it. Will look into fixing this in an upcoming patch! Sorry for the inconvenience!

@hellquist said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Hi @MatthewAtStagelight I just watched this video where a fellow member of the iPad Musician forum in Facebook tried to make Tonebridge work in StageLight, but for some reason it only works in mono. I tried different settings but unfortunately had the same result.
    Thanks!

I too have had the same result. Even tried the "loopback trick" to see if I could route my Bias FX out to my external gear, and then route the audio back again. It works well in other apps, however in Stagelight, when I add an audio track, click settings and go to I/O settings for that track I can't select anything but "Input 1 - Mono", which is my only option. In for example AUM I can select between my two stereo pairs coming in (or of course just pick L/R from one of them should I wish to do so).

• Please ignore that line in our licenses agreement as it needs to updated to address iOS, Android and Windows Store policies.

We do not limit individuals on how many devices they can use Stagelight on as long as they own the devices.

@greengrocer said:

@mannix said:

Good and relevant questions. I have the impression that Apple ID and Stagelight email don't have to be the same. You also can buy credits in Android playstore. But think it's really a must if you want to use Stagelight on different platforms that you use the same emailadress for Stagelight on all platforms.

The limit of iDevices is a point though. The Open Labs license agreement is clear:
    "Device license. You may install one copy of the software on one hardware device for your internal business use or your own personal enjoyment. The software may only be used by one person at time, unless you have purchased licenses for additional users."
    I own multiple iOS devices, as probably a lot of forum members, but I only may install it on one iOS device. This is for me unacceptable because I want, as with all my apps, use them on all my devices which I only can if I buy a license for every iOS device (6 in total btw). I also have the impression that Stagelight with it's credit and seperate registration bypasses Apples policy that you can have your apps installed on at least 10 iOS devices using the same Apple ID.
    For me this was the reason to not purchase Stagelight. But I would like to hear what @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight have to say about this. A lot of people using iOS have an iPhone and iPad which already means you have to purchase 2 licenses. So tricky business. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• edited December 2018

is there any way to program velocity in this page of the drum grid? I’d like to make some ghost notes in my pattern.
    Also, are there any setting to make each drum pad velocity mapped? for instance: if i play in the middle of the pad, the velocity is 127, but may at the edges like 30?
    if not add that to the list for updates. also for the keyboard too would be great!