Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• edited December 2018

How do you cancel a preorder???
    EDIT : Nvm, I googled it 🙂

• Suspiciously quiet. So? Is it the second coming of FL Studio or what?

• It’s the second coming of NANOSTUDIO!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Suspiciously quiet. So? Is it the second coming of FL Studio or what?

Maybe people are making music 😍

• Looking forward to using this with the OP-1. Sample back and forth forever ))=((

• edited December 2018

Very nice... snappy as hell... Congrats...

Edit: On my Mini 2.. <3

• Glad to hear you guys are already getting Nanostudio 2!

Trying to keep pace here and get you guys caught up on its features.

Here's the first two tutorial which cover setting up Send FX tracks, Groups and more complex setups like parallel FX tracks, which kind of combines these two features in NS2:

Setup Send FX in NS2:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=LC5kRJgy5Dw

Setup Group/Bus Tracks/Parallel FX in NS2:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=IE-SCIZH28A

Lots more to come!

• I was gonna try and list everything I like so far but seriously, just get it. Obsidian is like a mini serum. The mixer section and effects are super capable, as is AU implementation. Matt (?) has thought of pretty much everything. Editing is a breeze. File management is great.

I’m super, super impressed with this. 6 years in the making and worth every day. Haven’t done as much with all my other apps as I have with this in one night. Can’t wait for audio tracks!!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    It’s the second coming of NANOSTUDIO!

:D :D :D :D

• @chimp_spanner said:
    I was gonna try and list everything I like so far but seriously, just get it. Obsidian is like a mini serum. The mixer section and effects are super capable, as is AU implementation. Matt (?) has thought of pretty much everything. Editing is a breeze. File management is great.

I’m super, super impressed with this. 6 years in the making and worth every day. Haven’t done as much with all my other apps as I have with this in one night. Can’t wait for audio tracks!!

I enjoy hearing about your enthusiasm.

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:

@ocelot said:
    And did I read that correctly? Individual notes can be modulation sources in Obsidian?!
    Like C3, C#3...or is key-tracking a mod source?

few mod sources, watch “note”, that is what i was talking about

So no breath, expression, foot, aftertouch etc.
    But i see velocity realease....nice!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Quick non screaming fan review.
    The UI is poor in some areas, stunning in others.
    If you are in to heavy sample use then BM3 is still a little better because while slate has some clever UI stuff, it’s overall abilities is not as good, but the sample editor in NS2 has more features.
    In terms of slickness the app is obviously extremely mature, the saving capabilities are superb, the little features here and there like MIDI input filter etc are excellent too.
    The arranger and piano roll are as good as to be expected.
    The mixer tries to copy Reaper too much and is one of the UI areas that is not great in my opinion.
    The native effects are all usable but i found AU effcts use to be clunky but stable in quick testing.
    Obsidian is the best synth on IOS, it actually rivals some desktop synths that are priced much higher.

Overall i would say if you currently use another DAW you need this, if this is your first, you dont need any of the others, but, there is some clunky workflow that is vastly superior notably in BM3, but this is not going to have the impact NS1 did, just because of the vast selection of current products available.
    An excellent product that needs some work.

• In the sequencer, you can label the parts: chord name, bridge/verse, drole dad jokes - whatever.
    Just so you guys know.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Indeed, it went live. I kept waiting for the preorder to be confirmed, and the appstore kept me in limbo. Cancelled the preorder, and poof, the price magically appeared. Welp, now I'm downloading it! Finally. :)

Same here. Downloading now ... no time to play tonight. :-(

But, this weekend is another story!

• @StevePAL said:
    Glad to hear you guys are already getting Nanostudio 2!

Here's the first two tutorial which cover setting up Send FX tracks, Groups and more complex setups like parallel FX tracks, which kind of combines these two features in NS2:

Setup Send FX in NS2:

Lots more to come!

Thank you very much Steve! Made it easier to grasp the paradigm.

• edited December 2018

I cannot figure out how to load up an audio unit to save my life! Then again am drunk lolol... Help... Please*!!

• Man that mixer layout is just a thing of beauty. Was critical earlier bc of the audio track thing, but credit given where due!

• @StevePAL said:

Setup Send FX in NS2:

Lots more to come!

GREAT VIDEOS! This is how video tutorials should be done.

Are you using iOS screen recording and then adding the iPad background? Or is this being recorded on a PC? ... if you don’t mind sharing your secrets.

While watching, my iPad notified me my Preorder is ready. Nice new little icon waiting to be pushed. But I wanted to say thanks first. B)

See y’all on the other side...

• @philowerx said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Trueyorky said:
    LIVE LIVE LIVE in UK store 🙂🙂

I miss England so very, very much....

Live in Austin now!

Well done that man and thank you :)

Not certain I've ever run the card on IAPs before I even properly opened an app before....

• @StevePAL said:

Setup Send FX in NS2:

Lots more to come!

Keep em coming Captain :)

• __how do you load up an audio unit !!!

• @mireko_2 said:
    Looking forward to using this with the OP-1. Sample back and forth forever ))=((

Ditto

• edited December 2018

@reasOne said:
    __how do you load up an audio unit !!!

@Dchild said:
    Everyone wondering how to add an AU, you need to hold the +icon 😉

• edited December 2018

@reasOne said:
    __how do you load up an audio unit !!!

Lower left hand corner. Press and it will load Obsidian track. Long press and you have options of other tracks. AU, Slate, MIDI...

Also anytime in NS2 that you see the small arrow under an icon, that means there are more options with a long press.

• IAP: AppStore crapy-ass code can cause hiccups. Works best if you download one IAP at a time and don’t go to another app while downloading. If you do and experience a hiccup, just try to download again and eventually the AppStore will figure it out.

• @Turntablist said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Quick non screaming fan review.
    The UI is poor in some areas, stunning in others.
    If you are in to heavy sample use then BM3 is still a little better because while slate has some clever UI stuff, it’s overall abilities is not as good, but the sample editor in NS2 has more features.
    In terms of slickness the app is obviously extremely mature, the saving capabilities are superb, the little features here and there like MIDI input filter etc are excellent too.
    The arranger and piano roll are as good as to be expected.
    The mixer tries to copy Reaper too much and is one of the UI areas that is not great in my opinion.
    The native effects are all usable but i found AU effcts use to be clunky but stable in quick testing.
    Obsidian is the best synth on IOS, it actually rivals some desktop synths that are priced much higher.

Overall i would say if you currently use another DAW you need this, if this is your first, you dont need any of the others, but, there is some clunky workflow that is vastly superior notably in BM3, but this is not going to have the impact NS1 did, just because of the vast selection of current products available.
    An excellent product that needs some work.

Nice one! 👍

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

Is there any way to make it so that touching notes or pad names in the Row Header in the part editor plays the note or iPad??

• I> @wim said:

Is there any way to make it so that touching notes or pad names in the Row Header in the part editor plays the note or iPad??

In Piano roll, lower left hand corner: icon looks like speaker with a note next to it. Click it so that it is blue. This will not add ‘blue notes’ 🙄 (lame joke - couldn’t help it)

• The app is great

This discussion has been closed.