Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist and Cubasis is big trouble

iBassist and Cubasis is big trouble can't get it work correctly over here. Sometimes it works but mostly not. I'm really puzzled.
iBassist hangs most of the time. Make an audio track in Cubasis, iBassist as inter-app. When i want to record the track in Cubasis nothing happens.

Does anyone has the right procedure to make it work?

Regards, Frank

Comments

• Start/stop is tricky. The 3 options seem to be:

MIDI Clock Start/stop

Ableton LINK (I know iBassist uses this approach between iB and all the LumBeats Drumming Apps so iBassist starts and stops them together)

IAA Start/stop

Look to see if Cubasis support LINK as a starting point. If not look into 1 and 3.

And please let us know if you crack the code so this doesn't just hang out there with no answer.

On this Forum LINK seems to be the hope to solve these problems.

MIDI clock is the oldest but IOS has multiple MIDI solutions (IAA, CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI) so MIDI doesn't always seem to solve your problems.

IAA MIDI assumes there's a master slave I think and Cubasis has to send the right signals and iBassist has to be coded to act on them. I think iBassist is coded to be the Master so I'm not surprised it's giving away control of start/stop. The developer participates here but using his App support email is the best way to get the right attention.

• I forgot to mention:

AudioBus has start/stop features and almost everything supports AudioBus. Load all the Apps in AudioBus and try it's start/stop controls to see if that will work. I think IBassist did not but there might be settings to make it respond.

• Thanks for the answer McDtracy, I will look after it and give an answer back.

• Yeah it seems strange that iBassist doesn't work like all the drum apps, they all use IAA sync and start/stop with Cubasis transport.

• edited December 2018

This should be the solution according to Luis.

**Hello Frank.

Yes, make sure to set on Ableton Link Sync Start / Stop, so they will sync by Link, not with Inter-App Sync.

• Press record in Cubasis
    • Set play in Soft Drummer or iBassist and they will start synced and while recording in Cubasis.
    • When the song is finished, stop in Cubasis.

For current versions this is the workaround to record in Cubasis, cause iBassist has not Inter-App implemented yet.

Thanks

Luis**

Will test this and report back.

• @Frenq said:
    This should be the solution according to Luis.

**Hello Frank.

Yes, make sure to set on Ableton Link Sync Start / Stop, so they will sync by Link, not with Inter-App Sync.

• Press record in Cubasis
    • Set play in Soft Drummer or iBassist and they will start synced and while recording in Cubasis.
    • When the song is finished, stop in Cubasis.

For current versions this is the workaround to record in Cubasis, cause iBassist has not Inter-App implemented yet.

Thanks

Luis**

Will test this and report back.

Cubasis doesn't support Link though, so I can't see how that would work.