Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amp sim

2»

Comments

• I don't understand algo's and using cabs with other stuff...wouldn't it be easier to use an all day n one app like bias?

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    I don't understand algo's and using cabs with other stuff...wouldn't it be easier to use an all day n one app like bias?

IMO, you won’t be disappointed with Bias, AmpliTube, or Tonestack. They’re easy to use and sound great.

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@Jdolecek48 said:
    I don't understand algo's and using cabs with other stuff...wouldn't it be easier to use an all day n one app like bias?

Yeh, but with an AUv3 amp sim, cabinet IR loader, and piles of FX, you could play three guitars and a bass all at the same time. ;)

Seriously though, it is easiest to use a single app. However, there are times when it would be nice to have a setup that is always seamlessly state-saved to exactly as you left off.With standalone / IAA apps that isn’t the case. Not something to complain about for anyone that has dealt with amps, cables, DI boxes, power, pedal boards, etc. but still would be nice to have. I’m looking forward to Tonestack going AUv3 for that reason.

There’s something satisfying about cobbling together a bunch of AU apps to search out tone possibilities too though.

• @wim said:

@Jdolecek48 said:

Yeh, but with an AUv3 amp sim, cabinet IR loader, and piles of FX, you could play three guitars and a bass all at the same time. ;)

Seriously though, it is easiest to use a single app. However, there are times when it would be nice to have a setup that is always seamlessly state-saved to exactly as you left off.With standalone / IAA apps that isn’t the case. Not something to complain about for anyone that has dealt with amps, cables, DI boxes, power, pedal boards, etc. but still would be nice to have. I’m looking forward to Tonestack going AUv3 for that reason.

There’s something satisfying about cobbling together a bunch of AU apps to search out tone possibilities too though.

What does au stand for?

• @Jdolecek48 said:

What does au stand for?

It stands for audio unit. Audio unit allows a user to run more than one instance of that effect/synth at the same time.

Supanorton's advice is solid. Start with tonestack, bias, or amplitube. As a metal player you might find latency bothersome.

• @supanorton said:

@Jdolecek48 said:

IMO, you won’t be disappointed with Bias, AmpliTube, or Tonestack. They’re easy to use and sound great.

Which do you prefer bias or AmpliTube for high gain stuff? Is bias fix worth it? I have bias 1.0 is is worth upgrading to 2.0.?

• I currently have bias is it worth spending another 40-50 on AmpliTube? Or is bias the best?

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    I currently have bias is it worth spending another 40-50 on AmpliTube? Or is bias the best?

Depends on who you ask and what kind of music you make. Tonestack is usually my go-to. But there are particular presets I’ve made in other apps that are good for particular things.

I would stick with what you have unless you’re finding it impossible to get the tone you want.

• The answer is use what you have, if you come up with an album worth of hit tunes, then producers will be falling over themselves to offer you the chance to re-record them using a studio full of pro level gear, if you don't get that response just enjoy making music.

I am about ( don't even want to admit the figure to myself ) £...… too much into apps I don't have the talent to get the best out of, do yourself a favour, learn from idiots like me and just make some music, have fun.

• I thought to upgrade to 2.0 was free but inside the app it show it costs 6.99 so is it worth th upgrade price?

• @Jdolecek48 said:

@supanorton said:

@Jdolecek48 said:

Which do you prefer bias or AmpliTube for high gain stuff? Is bias fix worth it? I have bias 1.0 is is worth upgrading to 2.0.?

Right now, Bias and Bias FX is my go to. AmpliTube isn’t working well with my humbucker guitars and the app doesn’t allow you to adjust the input level. It’s only a problem with my Apogee Jam interfac> @Jdolecek48 said:

@supanorton said:

@Jdolecek48 said:

To my ears Bias does high gain the best, but you’ll eventually want to get Bias FX too. Together, they’re hard to beat. They’re going to cost you, but you don’t have to get all the IAPs at once.

Here’s a track I did with another Audiobus member, @Bluepunk. The guitars are recorded with Bias FX and Bias Amps. It’s got a 1970s punk vibe. I like the guitar sounds.

https://m.soundcloud.com/mptyofeverything/diamonds

I’ve got an iRig Pro Duo that I really like, but it doesn’t come with a power supply, and the battery life isn’t very good. I have Trutone One Spot pedal power supply that works great with the iRig. They cost less than $20.

I record in Auria too. It’s great for recording rock music, which is what I do.

I recorded an album using Auria that you can sample here just to get an idea of what’s possible.

https://artienorton.bandcamp.com/releases

Good luck and have fun.

• I probably sound like a broken record when talking about this. I can't dial in a metal tone like I can in Bias FX/Amp in any of the other apps, except, Amp one, and tonebridge come pretty darn close. I play a lot of different styles of music. But....mostly I'm into 80's metal and Thrash. I can get tones like Exodus, Children of Bodom, Death, Accept, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Testament, Obituary, Megadeth, Metallica, Opeth, Overkill, Pantera, Death Angel. The one place that Tonestack really shines is the FX. I think it's got Bias beat on most things non distortion related.