Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• edited December 2018

Just wondering how it's possible you have early access to app :-) I'm still in doubt it is already publicly available in appstore, so trying to found what's your trick :smiley:

Anyway, enjoy the app, hope you will like Obsidian patches :smiley:

• @Cib said:
    Please share your orchestral piece. I‘m into this genre as well.

It is just a first draft, with no effects. The short bit of violin pizzicato was actually from
    bs-16i. All other patches are from the IAP Acoustic packs 1 & 2.

@Cib said:
    Mmhhhh....i use a manual to not have to ask too many stupid questions :)

With your experience from NS1 you will not need a manual to get started. NS2 has the manual in the Help section, so it's there, ...now.

@RajahP said:
    You write as if you are a part of the development team?

I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag even if my life depended upon it. I am just a REALLY lucky SOB.

• edited December 2018

First impressions, really solid in performance, like slick graphical transitions and nice choice of high contrast colour schemes. Everything sounds nice, AUs work as expected. First class file management and browsing. you can’t sample in or record any audio whatsoever as of yet but maybe that will change.No background audio.. No scale lock in the piano roll. No patterns or scenes. So it’s not really a groovebox sampler BeatMaker or DAW. At the moment it feels like a midi workstation with a beautiful builtin synth/sampler engine and AU host.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    First impressions, really solid in performance, like slick graphical transitions and nice choice of high contrast colour schemes. Everything sounds nice, AUs work as expected. First class file management and browsing. You can’t sample in or record any audio whatsoever as of yet but maybe that will change. No background audio. No scale lock in the piano roll. No patterns or scenes. So it’s not really a groovebox sampler BeatMaker or DAW. At the moment it feels like a midi workstation with a beautiful builtin synth/sampler engine and AU host.

Surely there must be a Background Audio setting?

• edited December 2018

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    First impressions, really solid in performance, like slick graphical transitions and nice choice of high contrast colour schemes. Everything sounds nice, AUs work as expected. First class file management and browsing. You can’t sample in or record any audio whatsoever as of yet but maybe that will change. No background audio. No scale lock in the piano roll. No patterns or scenes. So it’s not really a groovebox sampler BeatMaker or DAW. At the moment it feels like a midi workstation with a beautiful builtin synth/sampler engine and AU host.

Sh#t just found it! Not to worry, it’s under audio settings :D

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Sh#t just found it! Not to worry, it’s under audio settings :D

HA! I thought you typed that just as a joke! Like the Apple App Reviewer who couldn't figure out that basic function.

• edited December 2018

@LucidMusicInc
    You can’t sample in or record any audio whatsoever as of yet but maybe that will chang

just change obsidian oscillator to “sample”, then tap on red button “record” and you will go here.. you can samole from external input ATM

also insite Slate, in samples tab, is “record” option

• @iansainsbury said:
    Hope to see some of you over at the new NS2 forum when it launches.

That is my normal internet home. I usually just lurk here to get the scoop on new apps.

• @StevePAL said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    . You can’t sample in or record any audio whatsoever as of yet but maybe that will change. ~~No background audio. No scale lock in the piano roll. No patterns or scenes.

Can you clarify what you mean by "can't sample or record audio"? Are you referring to audio tracks? Those are coming but in the meant time you can real-time record and sample through the sampler (hit the record button in the sampler OSC).

Also, yeah the background audio is enabled in the settings :)

• edited December 2018

btw i suggest you to go througn in-app manual, its pretty well written, lot of usefull info !

• edited December 2018

@StevePAL what I mean to say is Audiobus/IAA isn’t an option yet. Sorry it’s 3 AM over here :D

The manual is absolutely useful

• Someone will ask the question, so maybe this will help. On an AU instance you will see on the right hand side what a well coded AUv3 app does. It sends to the host a list of its presets.
    When you don't see that list that means the AUv3 app is not sending that info to NS2. That is something that the app dev need to update, and it is beyond Matt's ability to control.

When you don't see the list of presets on the right hand patch browser panel, just go to the apps interface and select from there.

• Great track Slam_Cut.

I love that you showed iSem in NS2, still one of my favourites.

I never realised you were one of the beta-testers, I thought you were one of us plebs. Just for that I might not invite you to the launch party I’m holding in my head tonight.

• "It's not the dying I tell you, it's the waiting..."

• @dendy said:

@LucidMusicInc
    You can’t sample in or record any audio whatsoever as of yet but maybe that will chang

just change obsidian oscillator to “sample”, then tap on red button “record” and you will go here.. you can samole from external input ATM

Do we have song monitor when recording a sample? (as in NS1)

• @LeeB said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Nice song

😊 Thank you

No thank you for the chill demo track. Made my day and year!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @StevePAL what I mean to say is Audiobus/IAA isn’t an option yet. Sorry it’s 3 AM over here :D

Ah ok :) But you know the workaround with loading IAA into AudioShare, then send notes from NS2 to synth and then open recorded audio from AudioShare into Nanostudio and put it to Slate pad, yes ? It just workaround, but it works, you can use sampled materials from IAA synths in NS then ;

• @SrKunp said:

@dendy said:

@LucidMusicInc

There's like a huge freaking playback control for the song on that screen. How could you miss that ? :)

• Scale lock in piano roll, patterns/scenes, and timestretch are my deal breakers.

Still buying it though, because I love the passion Matt has for this.

Are you sure about no patterns though? Can you link clips in the sequencer so they behave like patterns?

• @Slam_Cut said:

Someone will ask the question, so maybe this will help. On an AU instance you will see on the right hand side what a well coded AUv3 app does. It sends to the host a list of its presets.
    When you don't see that list that means the AUv3 app is not sending that info to NS2. That is something that the app dev need to update, and it is beyond Matt's ability to control.

When you don't see the list of presets on the right hand patch browser panel, just go to the apps interface and select from there.

Woah. Cool.

• edited December 2018

Audio FX and automation on the grouped tracks... finally!

• @alecsbuga said:

@SrKunp said:

@dendy said:

@LucidMusicInc

There's like a huge freaking playback control for the song on that screen. How could you miss that ? :)

Oh! Perdón... XD

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@hansjbs said:
    I don't know why people like to push a battle between Beatmaker and Nanostudio. Two completely different apps. Stop it already. If you like Nanostudio great!! You're a beatmaker person kudos!!! Enjoy and make good music.

Just nature of a forum I suppose. A bit of rivalry to get some hearts pumping.

I’m just here because I don’t have time (or courage) to start the War and Peace that is staring at me from the bookshelf.

There seems to be a default human (western?) mental tendency towards categorizing in terms of the either/or. I think it’s an unwillingness or inability to comprehend the millionfold multiplicity of one love.

I think it is a generational phenomenon. Generally speaking of course.

This can be seen with the abundance of self importance each generation places on the socio-economic-political-cultural facets of the time. Each feels they have a catastrophic political situation that is representative of a total break down of the government in one form or another. Each feels their music is innovative and groundbreaking. Each feels they are experiencing things in a way not yet transpired by anyone.

When in fact, the new experiences are their own.

We all have a desire to feel relevant and part of something because what we "feel" or "think" is so important. No matter how frivolous or petty.

Kind of amusing actually.

Your explanation and stated amusement is kind of the same thing though, same as me pointing this out to your good self and laughing is too! ;)

Every day my friend! I am as guilty as they come!

• Some potential for live mixing here possibly

• edited December 2018

@Eclipxe said:

Are you sure about no patterns though? Can you link clips in the sequencer so they behave like patterns?

Of course you can create linked copies of clips :)) Just do long press in sequencer to “duplicate” icon at check “linked” button ;)

liked copies have then that white icon in top ledt corner like on my screenshot.. you can also “unlink” any of them in “actions” menu

• additionaly you can turn on “cycle” for clip... if you then select such clip (or more clips) and you drag with bottom righ handle, instead od resizing clip it repeats iself

• @AtticusL said:
    Great track Slam_Cut.

I love that you showed iSem in NS2, still one of my favourites.

I never realised you were one of the beta-testers, I thought you were one of us plebs. Just for that I might not invite you to the launch party I’m holding in my head tonight.

Thanks! We have a lot of great apps to play with. I like that even though iSem is 'old' in iOS terms, the presets are listing correctly so you can just audition them from NS2's patch browser. Convenient. Sh#t!! I really wanted to attend that launch party! I suppose I'll just have to go to work... :/

• @dendy said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Ah ok :) But you know the workaround with loading IAA into AudioShare, then send notes from NS2 to synth and then open recorded audio from AudioShare into Nanostudio and put it to Slate pad, yes ? It just workaround, but it works, you can use sampled materials from IAA synths in NS then ;

Good workaround. Might use that!

• Is it possible to add audio tracks into the timeline? Apologise if this has been mentioned already.

• This GUI just looks very sleek. I´m also already a big fan of the color cheme.
    Now i want to know more about Obsidian. I hope an extended video to showcase the different synthesis types is not far away....so i can start to think about what i will do with it in 3-4 months :)
    We need Dan Worrall on NS2.

This discussion has been closed.