Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• @Cib said:
    Waiting for video about single presets and live tweaking. Is the manual pdf out yet?

matt's reply on pre-relese manual availability
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/12007#comment-35610

I'll admit I'm very tempted, but I'm going to say no. This is only because it's just going to trigger a massive load of extra questions I don't have the time to answer right now, and also because it would be better for those questions/answers to go on the new forum rather than the one that's about to get killed.

• @zpxlng said:

@anickt said:

@zpxlng said:
    It's out in Japan at least — downloaded it and loading it right now.

F you! :D

Get ready for a barrage of questions!

Rather embarrassingly, I'm already stuck on the simplest thing — namely, changing the scale lock key on the keyboard. I can choose the scale type (e.g. Major, Minor, Stygian Berated Thirdtone) but for the life of me can't find how to change the root note, so I'm stuck in C for now.

Oh well, C it is, then. Less fuss, more playing. (But would love the solution if anyone somehow knows it. Had a quick flip through the manual but no luck.)

Once you’ve chosen your scale, you can tap the transpose button above the keyboard and choose +/- to get to your root note of choice

• edited December 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    Just to alleviate fears that NS2 doesn’t arrive to iPhone for very long time: the development of both has been parallel. It works really well on iPhone right now. As an example I have just completed an orchestral piece on the iPhone version. However there are a few UI things that need tweaking. Matt has been putting a lot of attention to detail in making sure the environment of NS2 (emphasizing the iPad first) is condusive to a good workflow. It makes it harder for him to release a less than perfect app, or in this case an iPhone version, and then try to deal with unhappy users while trying to tweak the app. All this to say, I am convinced that the March ETA for iPhone is very realistic. If it ends up being April, I will be really surprised, but life happens and it’ll all work out.

NS2 is a polished DAW that focuses on creating music. There have also been a lot of questions about specialized features. Those things seldom used by most users were not the focus. Some will likely get added over time, some may not if it intereferes with the primary focus. After Audio Tracks are added in June, maybe some of the more requested new features can be looked at. Hopefully Matt can have some time for real life as well. He’s worked like a crazy madman up to this point and I think what he has created is pretty damn impressive tech to carry around.

Please share your orchestral piece. I‘m into this genre as well.

• edited December 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    Just to alleviate fears that NS2 doesn’t arrive to iPhone for very long time: the development of both has been parallel. It works really well on iPhone right now. [SNIP]. All this to say, I am convinced that the March ETA for iPhone is very realistic. If it ends up being April, I will be really surprised, but life happens and it’ll all work out.

Well, that's great to hear, though it flies in the face of the development of pretty much every app here I can think of. But then this process seems to have been different from the beginning, so here's to a glass half-full.

• edited December 2018

@AudioGus said:
    even is a difference. I am talking about sample editing/prep that is a little more advanced than what reslice can do.

ah ok, understand .. curious, what (except of slicing itself of course) are important features for this kind of workflow ? I mean working with samples, slicing, editing, this stuff.. If you should compile list of "must have" and "nice to have" features for NS2 audio editor to cover all your needs, what it will be ?

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:

@Cib said:
    Waiting for video about single presets and live tweaking. Is the manual pdf out yet?

matt's reply on pre-relese manual availability
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/12007#comment-35610

I'll admit I'm very tempted, but I'm going to say no. This is only because it's just going to trigger a massive load of extra questions I don't have the time to answer right now, and also because it would be better for those questions/answers to go on the new forum rather than the one that's about to get killed.

Mmhhhh....i use a manual to not have to ask too many stupid questions :)
    Also since we can‘t demo apps i find a few videos, tutorials and a manual pdf a must. (But i would make an exception for NS2 of course since i loved NS1).
    And it‘s already released ;)

• edited December 2018

@Cib said:

There is no stupid question (until it is NS related :)) if there is around such nice helpful guy like me :trollface:

Also since we can‘t demo apps i find a few videos, tutorials and a manual pdf a must. (But i would make an exception for NS2 of course since i loved NS1).

As i know you a bit from old NS forums, i'm pretty much sure you WILL like it. :smiley:

• @zpxlng said:

@anickt said:

@zpxlng said:

Rather embarrassingly, I'm already stuck on the simplest thing — namely, changing the scale lock key on the keyboard. I can choose the scale type (e.g. Major, Minor, Stygian Berated Thirdtone) but for the life of me can't find how to change the root note, so I'm stuck in C for now.

Oh well, C it is, then. Less fuss, more playing. (But would love the solution if anyone somehow knows it. Had a quick flip through the manual but no luck.)

Use the Transpose function. ‘Off’ has C as root. +1 has C# as root. +2 has D as root.

• @dendy said:

@Cib said:

There is no stupid question (until it is NS related :)) if there is around such nice helpful guy like me :trollface:

As i know you a bit from old NS forums, i'm pretty much sure you WILL like it. :smiley:

Sure....return of the Galaxyexplorer :)
    My first self made track ever (+ the following 100 or so) where all due to the mighty NS1.
    I mean it‘s just half a decade ago but it feels like nostalgia :)

• edited December 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    Just to alleviate fears that NS2 doesn’t arrive to iPhone for very long time: the development of both has been parallel. It works really well on iPhone right now. As an example I have just completed an orchestral piece on the iPhone version. However there are a few UI things that need tweaking. Matt has been putting a lot of attention to detail in making sure the environment of NS2 (emphasizing the iPad first) is condusive to a good workflow. It makes it harder for him to release a less than perfect app, or in this case an iPhone version, and then try to deal with unhappy users while trying to tweak the app. All this to say, I am convinced that the March ETA for iPhone is very realistic. If it ends up being April, I will be really surprised, but life happens and it’ll all work out.

NS2 is a polished DAW that focuses on creating music. There have also been a lot of questions about specialized features. Those things seldom used by most users were not the focus. Some will likely get added over time, some may not if it intereferes with the primary focus. After Audio Tracks are added in June, maybe some of the more requested new features can be looked at. Hopefully Matt can have some time for real life as well. He’s worked like a crazy madman up to this point and I think what he has created is pretty damn impressive tech to carry around.

You write as if you are a part of the development team?

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:

@AudioGus said:
    even is a difference. I am talking about sample editing/prep that is a little more advanced than what reslice can do.

ah ok, understand .. curious, what (except of slicing itself of course) are important features for this kind of workflow ? I mean working with samples, slicing, editing, this stuff.. If you should compile list of "must have" and "nice to have" features for NS2 audio editor to cover all your needs, what it will be ?

I will certainly be diving in at some point and get to know what is there, then hop on the new forum and give feedback.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Downloading B)

You suck. 😂😁

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Downloading B)

Japan as well, right?

• edited December 2018

@AudioGus said:
    I will certainly be diving in at some point and get to know what is there, then hop on the new forum and give feedback.

:+1:

@RajahP said:
    You write as if you are a part of the development team?

Believe him, he is telling you truth. I know it :)

There is few of us, NS2 betatesters - evil ancient beings, hidden in darkness for centuries, ready to eat your soul ! Beware of us !

• @LeeB said:

@zpxlng said:

@anickt said:

@zpxlng said:

Once you’ve chosen your scale, you can tap the transpose button above the keyboard and choose +/- to get to your root note of choice

Ohhhhhhh! OK, thank you. Pffft. Should have poked around more. (Thanks @Slam_Cut too.)

I was gonna say it seems a little unintuitive, but I can see how it actually keeps things straight, like if you plug in a USB keyboard or what have you.

There are a few more should-be-obvious things that I've gotten stuck on, but it's past my bedtime. Tomorrow I'll read the manual and THEN keep playing. :D

• edited December 2018

Nice song

• Damn. I feel jealous. I hate timezones. I want my app now biatch :)

I want to see some screenshots from the sample editing in the drum pads. Can someone post that?

• TBF It’s pretty complicated but it’s got a hefty amount of presets to keep my attention deficient ears and fingers amused until the tutorial videos roll out :D

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Nice song

😊 Thank you

• For those who love dualism and wars between BM3 and NS2 I’m here to set peace.
    I don’t need none of them :trollface:
    Eat your hype losers stagelight or die! :trollface:
    Well in fact I still not opened it to do some music because I’m lazy af! So it doesn’t matter the app most than the lazy users behind

Now jokes aside... enjoy and flood the topic until make it megathread of the year (2018)!
    :wink:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Downloading B)

Japan as well, right?

中国

• Hmmmm yummy.

• edited December 2018

Or you just grabbed screen from video :)))

Please put here screeenshot from mixdown screen, with "Format" set to "M4A - AAC (MPEG-4)" to proof you're not liar :wink:

• You knAUw what it is :)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

You knAUw what it is :)

OMG... An AU sighting!

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Seems legit. You're Andrew Huang, aren't you ? :)

• Looking at it is nice but we want to hear it in action!

• @dendy said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Seems legit. You're Andrew Huang, aren't you ? :)

Not even close, though we are from the same city, Toronto Canada. My bio is here if you’re interested Http://lucidmusicinc.bandcamp.com

This discussion has been closed.