Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:
    I muse because I love ... sorry I don't usually pepper threads with all this useless crap. Guess I'm a bit manic over the fact that the app is nearly here.

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@hansjbs said:
    I don't know why people like to push a battle between Beatmaker and Nanostudio. Two completely different apps. Stop it already. If you like Nanostudio great!! You're a beatmaker person kudos!!! Enjoy and make good music.

Just nature of a forum I suppose. A bit of rivalry to get some hearts pumping.

I’m just here because I don’t have time (or courage) to start the War and Peace that is staring at me from the bookshelf.

There seems to be a default human (western?) mental tendency towards categorizing in terms of the either/or. I think it’s an unwillingness or inability to comprehend the millionfold multiplicity of one love.

I think it is a generational phenomenon. Generally speaking of course.

This can be seen with the abundance of self importance each generation places on the socio-economic-political-cultural facets of the time. Each feels they have a catastrophic political situation that is representative of a total break down of the government in one form or another. Each feels their music is innovative and groundbreaking. Each feels they are experiencing things in a way not yet transpired by anyone.

When in fact, the new experiences are their own.

We all have a desire to feel relevant and part of something because what we "feel" or "think" is so important. No matter how frivolous or petty.

Kind of amusing actually.

Your explanation and stated amusement is kind of the same thing though, same as me pointing this out to your good self and laughing is too! ;)

Only I amuse me.

But you amuse me... :D

There is no you and me... only a muse... (insert praying hands emoji)

Maybe NS2 will be our muse?

Of that I have little doubt. Until the free pack wears off, then I can buy muse recharges at ten bucks a pop... so... four months of muse? Whoot!

You know we will all be very unpopular for doing this :D

Sitting at home killing time on a forum instead of being out in the world engaging actually with people in real life? Yah I suppose. At least you can make friends on Facebook.

• Temptation to gif... unbearable... must gif...

• The one good thing about the many NS2 threads over the last few days is that the discussions were constructive and focused on NS2.

• @AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:
    I muse because I love ... sorry I don't usually pepper threads with all this useless crap. Guess I'm a bit manic over the fact that the app is nearly here.

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@hansjbs said:
    I don't know why people like to push a battle between Beatmaker and Nanostudio. Two completely different apps. Stop it already. If you like Nanostudio great!! You're a beatmaker person kudos!!! Enjoy and make good music.

I’m just here because I don’t have time (or courage) to start the War and Peace that is staring at me from the bookshelf.

There seems to be a default human (western?) mental tendency towards categorizing in terms of the either/or. I think it’s an unwillingness or inability to comprehend the millionfold multiplicity of one love.

This can be seen with the abundance of self importance each generation places on the socio-economic-political-cultural facets of the time. Each feels they have a catastrophic political situation that is representative of a total break down of the government in one form or another. Each feels their music is innovative and groundbreaking. Each feels they are experiencing things in a way not yet transpired by anyone.

We all have a desire to feel relevant and part of something because what we "feel" or "think" is so important. No matter how frivolous or petty.

Your explanation and stated amusement is kind of the same thing though, same as me pointing this out to your good self and laughing is too! ;)

Only I amuse me.

Of that I have little doubt. Until the free pack wears off, then I can buy muse recharges at ten bucks a pop... so... four months of muse? Whoot!

Sitting at home killing time on a forum instead of being out in the world engaging actually with people in real life? Yah I suppose. At least you can make friends on Facebook.

I would prefer to make friends with the fish at my local lake than real people ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@hansjbs said:

Only I amuse me.

I would prefer to make friends with the fish at my local lake than real people ;)

Every year I get a shipment of new friends just down the street.

• You know you are in a good neighborhood when safe fish delivery is a priority for the police.

• @AudioGus said:
    You know you are in a good neighborhood when safe fish delivery is a priority for the police.

It’s safer for the police officers than being on the streets. Surprised they have no doughnuts though!

• edited December 2018

@RUST( i )K said:
    I am not a reader of "mega" thread.......so can someone inform me on the iPhone timeline or not mentioned?

Really at this point, if no iPhone Stagelight may be the iPhone / Mobile "DAW" type app after all......

iPhone version is sheduled to spring 2019 (more like beginnig than end). Totaly realistic date cause signigicat part of iPhone version is done, it needs more polismenths here and there in UI segment, but nothing which cannot be done in planed deadline.

• @Cib said:
    So samples go to RAM. That means i need one of those €2000 iPads with 1TB and 6 GB RAM which can‘t run AUv3 as good as older devices (at least until they solve the bug).
    I try to wait for the iPhone version but G.A.S. is coming in hard right now.

I thought I read somewhere samples are streaming. Otherwise how would lower-end devices like my Air 1 handle the up-to-one hour samples NS2 is capable of?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AudioGus said:
    You know you are in a good neighborhood when safe fish delivery is a priority for the police.

It’s safer for the police officers than being on the streets. Surprised they have no doughnuts though!

Any minute now...

• Alright, I gotta get my head in the game...

Yah, yah, daws n streaming... n stuff..

• @AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@hansjbs said:

Only I amuse me.

You boys are my facebook. I'm pissing folk off so I'll step off to help get this thread back to NS2.

But I must say thank you for the Gorn! The Gorn is my new facebook friend!

• edited December 2018

Hehe, ok, sorry for cluttering an official thread.

Anyway, this being iOS, the land of interconnective hacks, err, I mean flexibility, I absolutely forsee using BM3 in tandem with NS2. I imagine doing all my sample prep, transient slicing, batch exporting of samples/slices directly into the NS2 sample folder (pending the NS2 folder structure being good... that olde timey subfolder idea scarce on iOS) and using NS2 for building tracks with slate, Obsidian etc.

Hopefully NS2 handles my favorite AUs well, like Aparillo, Egoist, Synthmaster One (which admittedly may not get as much use compared to the native NS2 Obsidian (where are those IAP?)). Given that Effectrix is still an IAA then I will likely export from NS2 and use BM3 for linked Effectrix mangling. Previously I had a lot of fun with BM3 and Cubasis at the same time and now think that NS2/BM3 will be even better and have far more workflow longevity with NS2 probably being the main song bearer with BM3 being the unsung sampler / sample prep workhourse. Maybe...

• It's out in Japan at least — downloaded it and loading it right now.

• @zpxlng said:
    It's out in Japan at least — downloaded it and loading it right now.

F you! :D

Get ready for a barrage of questions!

• @zpxlng said:

If you're fibbing we have a squad.... :)

• edited December 2018

@anickt said:
    I thought I read somewhere samples are streaming. Otherwise how would lower-end devices like my Air 1 handle the up-to-one hour samples NS2 is capable of?

No, this is little misunderstanding :) audio editor is capable to EDIT such long files. Cutting, copy, paste, duplicate, normalize, fade in, fade out ..

Obviously loading hour long wav file (or even few minutes) into sampler is nonsense :) This is not for what is classic sampler (or drum sampler) mentioned. I mean, there is not SW limit in app, but trying to do it would be, how to say
    - no good idea :-D

If you need work with such long wav files, you obviously need true audio tracks, so at this moment NS2 is not for you :)

• @anickt said:

@zpxlng said:

“You are the music while the music lasts.”

— T.S. Eliot

• @RUST( i )K said:

As an old fart, I can confirm that there is nothing generational about this. If you were able to go back 20 years, you would see the same kind of crap on various music forums - Korg vs. Roland vs. Yamaha vs. Akai (synths/beat machines), Fender vs. Gibson (guitars), Fender vs. Marshall (amps), etc., etc.

Dualism knows no age and respects no geography. That is my experience in any case...

• @dendy said:

@anickt said:

No, this is little missunderstanding :) auudio editor is capable to EDIT such long files. Cutting, copy, paste, duplicate, normalize, fade in, fade out ..

Obviously loading hour long wav file (or even few minutes) into sampler is nonsense :) This is not for what is classic sampler (or drum sampler) mentioned. I mean, there is not SW limit in app, but trying to do it would be, how to say
    - not good idea :-D

If you need work with such long wav files, you obviously need true audio tracks, so at this moment NS2 is not for you :)

Oh don’t worry... NS2 is what I’ve been waiting for right now! Thanks for clarifying a misunderstanding on my part. B)

• @AudioGus said:
    transient slicing, batch exporting of samples/slices directly into the NS2 sample folder

I tried it in BM3 and then i ReSlice .. for me ReSlice works much much better, it's radicaly more easy, specially if workflow is just define slices and then send all slices ans individual wavs in zipped archive into Nanostudio .. it was like a brezee, because nanostudio audiomatically unzips that package to folder with same name ...

• @dendy said:

@sysexual said:
    3:30pm universal time.> @zhoe said:

When is it out?

Tomorrow.

Cool! Thanks

• @ALB said:

@RUST( i )K said:

As an old fart, I can confirm that there is nothing generational about this. If you were able to go back 20 years, you would see the same kind of crap on various music forums - Korg vs. Roland vs. Yamaha vs. Akai (synths/beat machines), Fender vs. Gibson (guitars), Fender vs. Marshall (amps), etc., etc.

Dualism knows no age and respects no geography. That is my experience in any case...

Cicero agrees. T'was ever thus etc.

• edited December 2018

I’m enjoyed the original NS, but came to it kinda late in the game so to speak, as I was already using GarageBand and Cubasis and occasionally Auria. Now we have so many DAW choices, it is amazing and for anyone new, probably very confusing. I grabbed BM3 when it was free, but it’s not for me. I’m still a mostly Cubasis user, but for a new Muse factor, I’m thinking of working more with Stagelight or NS2. I liked the midi editor in NS and this looks very similar.

The whole look of feel of NS2 seems really nice, like a place I could hang out for long periods of time. I don’t get that from Stagelight but I haven’t wrapped my head around it either. I’ll watch this thread closely and am eager to see videos for NS2 and to listen to user generated NS2 content before I decide.

• @anickt said:

@zpxlng said:

Rather embarrassingly, I'm already stuck on the simplest thing — namely, changing the scale lock key on the keyboard. I can choose the scale type (e.g. Major, Minor, Stygian Berated Thirdtone) but for the life of me can't find how to change the root note, so I'm stuck in C for now.

Oh well, C it is, then. Less fuss, more playing. (But would love the solution if anyone somehow knows it. Had a quick flip through the manual but no luck.)

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    I am not a reader of "mega" thread.......so can someone inform me on the iPhone timeline or not mentioned?

Really at this point, if no iPhone Stagelight may be the iPhone / Mobile "DAW" type app after all......

iPhone version is sheduled to spring 2019 (more like beginnig than end). Totaly realistic date cause iPhone version aready IS at 90% done, it just needs some polishment to be perfect, few UI tweaks here and there - you know Matt is perfectionalist :-) nothing major.

I wouldn't offer to sell your leg on this one....
    ;)

• Waiting for video about single presets and live tweaking. Is the manual pdf out yet?

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:

@AudioGus said:
    transient slicing, batch exporting of samples/slices directly into the NS2 sample folder

I tried it in BM3 and then i ReSlice .. for me ReSlice works much much better, it's radicaly more easy, specially if workflow is just define slices and then send all slices ans individual wavs in zipped archive into Nanostudio .. it was like a brezee, because nanostudio audiomatically unzips that package to folder with same name ...

Yah, I tried both as well and the actual slicing / saving / copying to NS2 only takes seconds with either BM3 or Reslice. They are both radically easy to begin with. In a race it would come down to single digit seconds if there even is a difference. I am talking about sample editing/prep that is a little more advanced than what reslice can do.

• Just to alleviate fears that NS2 doesn’t arrive to iPhone for very long time: the development of both has been parallel. It works really well on iPhone right now. As an example I have just completed an orchestral piece on the iPhone version. However there are a few UI things that need tweaking. Matt has been putting a lot of attention to detail in making sure the environment of NS2 (emphasizing the iPad first) is condusive to a good workflow. It makes it harder for him to release a less than perfect app, or in this case an iPhone version, and then try to deal with unhappy users while trying to tweak the app. All this to say, I am convinced that the March ETA for iPhone is very realistic. If it ends up being April, I will be really surprised, but life happens and it’ll all work out.

NS2 is a polished DAW that focuses on creating music. There have also been a lot of questions about specialized features. Those things seldom used by most users were not the focus. Some will likely get added over time, some may not if it intereferes with the primary focus. After Audio Tracks are added in June, maybe some of the more requested new features can be looked at. Hopefully Matt can have some time for real life as well. He’s worked like a crazy madman up to this point and I think what he has created is pretty damn impressive tech to carry around.

This discussion has been closed.