Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• This is going to be epic! :)

• The UI looks very intuitive and nice. I will probably get it.

• This is probably the first mega-thread I will following from the very beginning... 😎
    Just preordered NS2! I’m curious! 😊

• @Michael Thanks for making order in things :)

• I never used Nanostudio but based on the hype here i have preordered ns2. My expectations are high but reasonable. im loving the GUI.

• When is it out?

• edited December 2018

@zhoe said:
    When is it out?

Tomorrow!

I'm massively looking forward to this app. I remember the launch of the original, and how playing around on Nanostudio was my first tentative step into working out how to do music production. Figuring out synthesis. Making a full track! It was crap but it was mine! Although I didn't really do anything regarding this new love of making music until much later, it sowed the seed. It made me interested. It's probably responsible for me spending many thousands of pounds in subsequent years on this hobby. So on the one hand, thanks so much, Matt! And on the other, screw you Matt! :D

• 3:30pm universal time.> @zhoe said:

When is it out?

• @sysexual said:
    3:30pm universal time.> @zhoe said:

When is it out?

Tomorrow.

• Can you Tell me what whats the difference between bm3 and ns2 ?
    Bought Beatmaker yesterday ^^

• edited December 2018

@colonelgeil said:
    Can you Tell me what whats the difference between bm3 and ns2 ?

Biggest diference is overall workflow, UX .. Very different apps... thera are some things similier, other completely different ...

herer small list what BM3 can and NS2 can;t, and what NS2 can and BM3 can't .. hope it helps you to get overview

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/581819/#Comment_581819

• Here's where all good.mega threads begin.

• @colonelgeil This is the same dillema as on the past generation BM2 vs. NS
    Some just stuck with both and were happy :lol:

But @dendy 's reply is the good one :wink:

• What’s the difference between NS2 and Audiobus3?

• I think today is tomorrow now.

• @dendy said:

@colonelgeil said:
    Can you Tell me what whats the difference between bm3 and ns2 ?

Biggest diference is overall workflow, UX .. Very different apps... thera are some things similier, other completely different ...

herer small list what BM3 can and NS2 can;t, and what NS2 can and BM3 can't .. hope it helps you to get overview

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/581819/#Comment_581819

Just to add that only a few have actually used NS2, so making statements (even jokingly) that those that like NS2 dislike BM3 and vice versa is not really relavent. Sorry to be a stick in the mud lol.

If you’ve only just bought BM3, get to know it first. BM3 can take some getting used to, but it has an awful lot to offer. NS2 looks like it also has an awful lot to offer too, but in different ways.

We can make lists all we like, but actually getting your head down and getting to know these apps is the only way to make a fair comparison for yourself. No list will ever let you know how apps this complex work for you - and that is all that counts at the end of the day - how you take to making music with them :)

• @brambos said:
    What’s the difference between NS2 and Audiobus3?

You're a very naughty boy, but did afford me the opportunity to plant my flag in the first- day-Christmas-Eve-megathread-snow and for that I thank you :) Always interesting to contrast and compare (a basic human need?) but let's try to focus on the thing itself and the upcoming emergency, which is the proper word for any birth...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@brambos said:

You're a very naughty boy, but did afford me the opportunity to plant my flag in the first- day-Christmas-Eve-megathread-snow and for that I thank you :) Always interesting to contrast and compare (a basic human need?) but let's try to focus on the thing itself and the upcoming emergency, which is the proper word for any birth...

Yeah but what is the difference between NS2 and say, a pasta salad?

• Every pre-release question and comparison is already addressed, answered and debated ad nauseam in several places on the forum. Sheesh...

Michael graciously closed the other DUPLICATE threads because they literally all consisted of the SAME people, commenting the SAME opinions, about the SAME app.

Prediction: This thread is on its way to being another Duplicate NS2 vs BM3, what it doesn’t have, etc flame war. Then, someone will create another NS2 thread when it hits App Store in addition to atleast 3 “Tutorial” videos launch day.lol

• just curious. i dont have my ipad nearby, how much is it on preorder?

• @kinkujin said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@brambos said:

Yeah but what is the difference between NS2 and say, a pasta salad?

Lower Carbs, good fat.

• Does the pre-order allow us to download the app data which then unlocks when released, or are we paying in advance for nothing? Just wondering because I'll be away from an internet signal for a while tomorrow unless I tether my phone to my iPad.

• @eross a touch under 30 clams/spondulis/pavos/sovs/quid/dollars/euros

• edited December 2018

@eross said:
    just curious. i dont have my ipad nearby, how much is it on preorder?

33€

• I don't know why people like to push a battle between Beatmaker and Nanostudio. Two completely different apps. Stop it already. If you like Nanostudio great!! You're a beatmaker person kudos!!! Enjoy and make good music.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Does the pre-order allow us to download the app data which then unlocks when released, or are we paying in advance for nothing? Just wondering because I'll be away from an internet signal for a while tomorrow unless I tether my phone to my iPad.

I think you just get notified when it's out

• edited December 2018

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Does the pre-order allow us to download the app data which then unlocks when released, or are we paying in advance for nothing? Just wondering because I'll be away from an internet signal for a while tomorrow unless I tether my phone to my iPad.

by preordering you pay nothing, payment is processed only after app starts to be available... only advantage is you don't need constantly check appstore if it is alreas available in your country - it downloads automatically to your device after it starts to be available

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

You're not charged until release

This discussion has been closed.