Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 new video!!!

12346»

Comments

• edited December 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    Will there be an arpeggiator of any kind on this Ms2?

No but you can do a lot of arpeggiator-like patches thanks to one of LFO modes where LFO runs basically one of 16 predefined semi-random patterns where you can also choose how much steps (1-16) from that patter should play play.. sounds complicated but it is not ;)

here, few patch examples which were made this way, every example is just single note, no melody made in sequencer, this is how they play if you hit key.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xhql6pdk1uy0ceu/AAA6s9xyKj7AhSJFktK-_8DIa?dl=0

• edited December 2018

@dendy did you guys test StepPolyArp AU? Can you record the Midi output from it?

• @drez said:
    @dendy did you guys test StepPolyArp AU? Can you record the Midi output from it?

There’s no ability to record AU midi. Apparently it’s been requested though. I’m wondering if RouteMIDIApp could be a workaround, like it is in BM3.

• @dendy said:

@stormbeats said:
    I hope the sample editing has the option to choose mono left or right of a Stereo sample as in Bm3/sample edit window/process/choose Left/Right/apply - NS2 looking very impressive

No in initial release, current features are basic volume adjusting like normalize, fade in, fade out, silence, then copy / paste / duplicate region features, posibility to set loop poins ..

Does it/will it have an inbuilt sampler via external audio sound card and from iOS apps (auv3) and IAA when it gets implemented?

This things doesn't work the way like it is in BM3.. currently you can sample from external outut.. during samplig you can have runing project playback .. you can choose input treshold, so app starts automatically record only in input signal exceeds defined treshold and you can also set that recording PAUSES in case input signal falls under defined treshold

for "sampling" AUv3 (or resampling any part of project) you can use traditional approach well know from traditional DAWs - you select loop region in sequencer, solo just tracks you want to recerd and then you do mixdown - track stems. Then you can open mixdown loop back in sampler ..

For sampling IAA curently no workaround cause IAA are not supported (and probably never will be) - you can just send midi notes and CC data from NS2 into any synth running on your device (if it supports midi ;)), but audio from that synth you need record somewheere else (for example using AudioShare) and then import it into NS

Not just IAA not supported, but also AudioBus. Just for the record.

• @dendy said:

@Telstar5 said:

No but you can do a lot of arpeggiator-like patches thanks to one of LFO modes where LFO runs basically one of 16 predefined semi-random patterns where you can also choose how much steps (1-16) from that patter should play play.. sounds complicated but it is not ;)

here, few patch examples which were made this way, every example is just single note, no melody made in sequencer, this is how they play if you hit key.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xhql6pdk1uy0ceu/AAA6s9xyKj7AhSJFktK-_8DIa?dl=0

Do we get user defined ’LFO Patterns’ too?
    If not that’s one request for a future update :D

• @wim said:

@drez said:

There’s no ability to record AU midi. Apparently it’s been requested though. I’m wondering if RouteMIDIApp could be a workaround, like it is in BM3.

ooooh good question!

• @Samu

no user defined lfo patterns but yeah, good request for future, definitely agree !

• @Telstar5 said:

No, but any AUv3 app you want to use.... rather than try to cover every possible function, Matt chose to work on the core system and let Users decide how much additional functionality they wish to add via AUv3.

• @drez said:

I don’t have that one. Maybe I should look it up? Arpegiator I’m guessing...?

• @Slam_Cut said:

@drez said:

Zee ultimate AUv3 arpeggiator, ya!

• edited December 2018

Well, that’s a vote for Stagelight and GB at least where we have some kind of chord generators going on within the amp without dealing with auv3 . I’m gonna check out NS2 though

• @wim said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@drez said:

Zee ultimate AUv3 arpeggiator, ya!

Cool! Sounds like it'll be fun. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

• @Samu said:
    Do we get user defined ’LFO Patterns’ too?
    If not that’s one request for a future update :D

You mean like drawing the waveform from scratch?

No. But each lfo has curve/warp and cycle start offsets controls. There's also an interesting LFO variant that acts as an FM LFO. So warp/curve would allow you to create very unusual LFO patterns indeed.

Hope this helps!

• The midi stretch control at 1:08 looks pretty slick.
    This will be nice for jamming without a metronome, can set the tempo by just playing naturally instead of predetermining and having a click track or strobe.

• edited December 2018

@StevePAL said:
    No. But each lfo has curve/warp and cycle start offsets controls. There's also an interesting LFO variant that acts as an FM LFO. So warp/curve would allow you to create very unusual LFO patterns indeed.

And this warp and curve can be modulated by LFO !!!

Btw. i never saw such versatile LFO system in ANY other synth on ios, desktop or hw synth. Almost infinite possibilities ! (of course excluding modular synths, for purists :))

• @dendy said:

@StevePAL said:

And this warp and curve can be modulated by LFO !!!

Btw. i never saw such versatile LFO system in ANY other synth on ios, desktop or hw synth. Almost infinite possibilities ! (of course excluding modular synths, for purists :))

You know the ApeSoft apps? They tend to be able to LFO everything...

• You know the ApeSoft apps? They tend to be able to LFO everything...

Can their LFO modulate own rate, shape and amount of both this modulation independently ? :-D

This discussion has been closed.