Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Orbital still using ipads in their live rig ...

not actually sure wht is going on with the ipads but evidence they still use them ..

Comments

• edited December 2018

Does anyone know what app is running on the ipad he uses to launch/trigger different parts of the pre-recorded songs?

It's quite visible around the 7:20-7:30 mark

I assume there is is also some kind of midi clock sync going on

• If I'm not mistaken I think it could be a custom app they got developed specially, think I remember them talking elsewhere, which was developed further from Lemur and Liine Griid.

• Pretty sure it's a custom interface made with "Sonic Logic".

• The iPads sitting in Behringer iStudio docks. They're probably iPads 2, because those docks use 30 pins connectors.

• @Carnbot said:
    If I'm not mistaken I think it could be a custom app they got developed specially, think I remember them talking elsewhere, which was developed further from Lemur and Liine Griid.

Yep your correct.

The duo Orbital, formed of brothers Phil and Paul, has been active since 1989 and is truly a legend of techno and rave music. They contacted Liine in early 2012 for some help preparing their upcoming live tour. Gareth and Etienne from Liine traveled to Orbital's studio and spent a week brainstorming and developing custom software. The result is four linked iPads running the Griid app, with a fifth iPad running Lemur. Liine provided the following services:

On-site support
    Custom builds of Griid
    Custom Mac app for network routing
    Lemur programming

https://liine.net/en/company/custom-solutions/

• Bespoke software, that’s baller!

I wonder if they paid much out of pocket, seems like something the app company would be interested in doing for their own r&d and promotion as well.

• edited December 2018

@mannix said:
    The iPads sitting in Behringer iStudio docks. They're probably iPads 2, because those docks use 30 pins connectors.

there are 3 of them, all labeled Alesis ioDock... >:)
    (confessing B-hater here) :D