Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New to iPad with optionn

I'm just getting into pad music...I'm shooting for a simple setup....I have my guitar and my line 6 pod which I will be using to record into aria but I'm also going to be using bias and other sims for different flavors of tones. So I'm searching for a good interface but has a single input but t has 2 1/4 outs for my monitors, which I'm finding is hard it just seems that a lot of interfaces either use RCA's or they don't have two outfits with the single input I don't wanna have to buy a huge interface I'm not gonna need it since I'll only be leaving the one input....im also going to be looking for a drumming app that I can jam and record with, something simple that sounds good and requires little effort suggestions? I have also seen lot of guys ruin things in many different ways which confuses me but I wonder if I'm missing out on doing something I have never been taught or are there apps I have yet to discover.....so with all this said if you guys can s ever me in the right diection I sure would appreciate it.....I just want to reach my full potential with making music with my iPad, I guess I'm just a little inexperienced since I haven't recorded in a number of years....just trying to get caught up to speed....as far as the interface goes so far I have found the steinberg ur22 mkII and the Tascam us 1x2 those look like my best choices?

Comments

• The Steinberg UR22 MKII looks like a better choice than the Tascam 1x2 as it also has a MIDI connection in addition to the audio options plus it can record up to 192 kHZ sample rate versus 92 kHZ for the Tascam 1 x 2 plus you get Cubase AI and Cubasis LE software.

You might want to check out the drummer in GarageBand and Cubasis has drum options too. There are many other drum apps I’m sure others will chime in about too.

• Yea it just too bad I can't upgrade iOS versions to get garage band....it won't let me install without upgrading and there are no more updates for ipad4 so I'm kinda stuck......so as far as recording goes would I be better off with cubase instead of auria pro?

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    ....im also going to be looking for a drumming app that I can jam and record with, something simple that sounds good and requires little effort suggestions?

One of these might be just what you're looking for. Like sitting in with a good drummer. Easy to use and they sound good. Cost a bit more than most drum apps/machines but worth it. Lumbeat (Luis Martínez) also make iBassist which completely meshes with the drum apps. For a guitar player looking to jam + record, it's heavenly.

The drum apps never seem to go on sale but iBassist was on sale on Black Friday (50% off).
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/lumbeat/id590278231#see-all/i-pad-apps
    http://www.lumbeat.com/