Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 new video!!!

Comments

• edited December 2018

@[Deleted User] Currently app runs internally aways at 32bit / 44khz, no mater of what audio device is used.. 96khz can be used for offline render / export

• @dendy said:

@david_2017
    And these nice sounding neuro basses are part of the factory presets?

Yes, factory patches. Nice to hear that you like my work :smiley:

Btw that last one "ohoh" was try to reproduce Noisia "Oh Oh" bass, but i'm far from to be satisfied. Looking forward if somebody will tweak it more close to original, i'm sure it's definitely possible.

@dendy holy crap!!!!! Those bass sound amazing!!!!

• @dendy said:
    @[Deleted User] Currently app runs internally aways at 32bit / 44khz, no mater of what audio device is used.. 96khz can be used for offline render / export

ok thanks.

• edited December 2018

I hope the sample editing has the option to choose mono left or right of a Stereo sample as in Bm3/sample edit window/process/choose Left/Right/apply - NS2 looking very impressive
    Does it/will it have an inbuilt sampler via external audio sound card and from iOS apps (auv3) and IAA when it gets implemented?

• @stormbeats said:
    I hope the sample editing has the option to choose mono left or right of a Stereo sample as in Bm3/sample edit window/process/choose Left/Right/apply - NS2 looking very impressive

No in initial release, current features are basic volume adjusting like normalize, fade in, fade out, silence, then copy / paste / duplicate region features, posibility to set loop poins ..

Does it/will it have an inbuilt sampler via external audio sound card and from iOS apps (auv3) and IAA when it gets implemented?

This things doesn't work the way like it is in BM3.. currently you can sample from external outut.. during samplig you can have runing project playback .. you can choose input treshold, so app starts automatically record only in input signal exceeds defined treshold and you can also set that recording PAUSES in case input signal falls under defined treshold

for "sampling" AUv3 (or resampling any part of project) you can use traditional approach well know from traditional DAWs - you select loop region in sequencer, solo just tracks you want to recerd and then you do mixdown - track stems. Then you can open mixdown loop back in sampler ..

For sampling IAA curently no workaround cause IAA are not supported (and probably never will be) - you can just send midi notes and CC data from NS2 into any synth running on your device (if it supports midi ;)), but audio from that synth you need record somewheere else (for example using AudioShare) and then import it into NS

• @dendy said:

@stormbeats said:

No in initial release, current features are basic volume adjusting like normalize, fade in, fade out, silence, then copy / paste / duplicate region features, posibility to set loop poins ..

This things doesn't work the way like it is in BM3.. currently you can sample from external outut.. during samplig you can have runing project playback .. you can choose input treshold, so app starts automatically record only in input signal exceeds defined treshold and you can also set that recording PAUSES in case input signal falls under defined treshold

for "sampling" AUv3 (or resampling any part of project) you can use traditional approach well know from traditional DAWs - you select loop region in sequencer, solo just tracks you want to recerd and then you do mixdown - track stems. Then you can open mixdown loop back in sampler ..

For sampling IAA curently no workaround cause IAA are not supported (and probably never will be) - you can just send midi notes and CC data from NS2 into any synth running on your device (if it supports midi ;)), but audio from that synth you need record somewheere else (for example using AudioShare) and then import it into NS

Ok thanks for info

• @dendy said:

@stormbeats said:

anyone know if a pdf of the manual exists and is out in the wilds somewhere??

• @dendy
    Does it record automation from AU plugins (like Cubasis and BM3) or automation has to be drawn?
    Is there an ETA for AU midi?
    Thanks in advance!

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:

@stormbeats said:

Can you just export/send to from an app like BM3 straight into an NS2 ‘files’ folder? Currently you can export from BM3 into Egoist or Cubasis etc.

• edited December 2018

@recccp said:
    @dendy
    Does it record automation from AU plugins (like Cubasis and BM3) or automation has to be drawn?

Every instrument have set of macro knobs - 8 of them, plus 1 XY pad. You can assign synth parameters to those macros (no matter if it is Obsidian or AUv3 instrument), and then you automate those macros.

In Obsidian, you can assign multiple parameters to single macro knob, you can define controlled range, in AU instrument you can assign single plugin parameter to macro knob and in MIDI OUT instrument you can asign single midi CC to macro knob.

You then record automation for those macro knobs. You can draw manually or record them by realtime tweaking on display, or you can assign MIDI CC from external hw midi controller to those macros.

Now, AU plugins which are implemented properly (which is not always case ! Not all plugin developers are doing good job !), then any change in AU UI reflects immediatly in change of corresponding mapped macro knob - which means, if this works (again it's matter of plugin implementation, not NS2 implementation), they basically you can record automation for those kbos directly by tweaking graphics UI for that particular plugin.

But as i said - primary you're not automating directly parameter, but macro knobs.

If you mean midi FX, they are alrady there, just you cannot record output of midi FX back into sequencer - it just affects instrument which is on track where you load your midi FX.

Regarding recording MIDI FX output - in theory internally app is more or less ready for such feature (or at least it's nothing complicated to add it), when we discussed this lately, i think it was more about developing proper UI which fits nicely rest of app controls, for such feature. (This is often biggest issue, not functionality itsefl, but make some smart UI for that feature :))

Anyway, not planned at current moment, but i personally will push Matt to do it at some stage because i want it too :smiley: :smiley:

• edited December 2018

@AudioGus said:
    Can you just export/send to from an app like BM3 straight into an NS2 ‘files’ folder? Currently you can export from BM3 into Egoist or Cubasis etc.

Yeah you can, whole document root (excluding IAP stuff, obviously) is freely accessible through Apple Files app. So no problem to save files into NS2 directory structure from other app and vice versa save any file to other app from withing NS2 structure.

What i love on using Apple Files for transfering files between apps, is ability to drag'n'drop multiple files and folders from one app to other app. That is superhandy ;)

• @RockySmalls said:

@dendy said:

@stormbeats said:

anyone know if a pdf of the manual exists and is out in the wilds somewhere??

A new website is being built as we speak... type... post. The manual will be on the website.

• @dendy said:

@recccp said:
    @dendy

Every instrument have set of macro knobs - 8 of them, plus 1 XY pad. You can assign synth parameters to those macros (no matter if it is Obsidian or AUv3 instrument), and then you automate those macros.

In Obsidian, you can assign multiple parameters to single macro knob, you can define controlled range, in AU instrument you can assign single plugin parameter to macro knob and in MIDI OUT instrument you can asign single midi CC to macro knob.

You then record automation for those macro knobs. You can draw manually or record them by realtime tweaking on display, or you can assign MIDI CC from external hw midi controller to those macros.

Now, AU plugins which are implemented properly (which is not always case ! Not all plugin developers are doing good job !), then any change in AU UI reflects immediatly in change of corresponding mapped macro knob - which means, if this works (again it's matter of plugin implementation, not NS2 implementation), they basically you can record automation for those kbos directly by tweaking graphics UI for that particular plugin.

But as i said - primary you're not automating directly parameter, but macro knobs.

If you mean midi FX, they are alrady there, just you cannot record output of midi FX back into sequencer - it just affects instrument which is on track where you load your midi FX.

Regarding recording MIDI FX output - in theory internally app is more or less ready for such feature (or at least it's nothing complicated to add it), when we discussed this lately, i think it was more about developing proper UI which fits nicely rest of app controls, for such feature. (This is often biggest issue, not functionality itsefl, but make some smart UI for that feature :))

Anyway, not planned at current moment, but i personally will push Matt to do it at some stage because i want it too :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks again for detailed explanation. Seems promising :)
    When you say midi FX, do you include generators such as Rozeta seqs as well? If so, are they available to route to several destinations like in AUM vs linked to a track like in Cubasis, BM3?

• @drez said:
    So he built NS2 as an expandable framework
    Would you agree @StevePAL ?

Absolutely. It's quite extensible and I now Matt's mostly interested in adding... interesting things. There was some talk about things like cool looking skins and Matt was just like "nah screw that fluffy shit I want to make a hyper efficient convolution reverb instead" and whatever else sounds cool. Lots more to come for quite some time!

Oh! My!Gosh! You dialed that in?

@dendy made some really great factory sounds. Some of my favorites are his "neuro bass" patches. All of them are programmed rather than sampled I believe and they all sound awesome. I never heard this term "neuro ..." before but now I know why he was insistent on it! ;)

• More videos please :)

• @Samu said:
    More videos please :)

HA! Just ask Steve how long he spent making the intro video! It looks fantastic, and I know henplans to do more vids. I’ll be watching them all. But the app will be out faster than he can create a new video.

• Do we know if Matt has any plan to support mpe down the road?

(I will be using NS2 regardless - already purchased. But if the current (very slim) mpe offerings on iOS are any indication, having access to something as powerful and cpu friendly as obsidian would be a game changer - not to mention a linear sequencer w mpe + smooth workflow..)

• @Samu said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@Samu said:

HA! Just ask Steve how long he spent making the intro video! It looks fantastic, and I know henplans to do more vids. I’ll be watching them all. But the app will be out faster than he can create a new video.

Funny you guys should say. Launch came upon us a bit surprisingly (you never know with Apple queues, I guess).

Was supposed to do two more things before launch: prep videos that showcase some of the IAP patches. And some "getting-started" videos. Will try my best to get those out in the next 2 days guys!

• @StevePAL
    Yeah! Awesome! Way to go sir!!! Can’t wait for more videos and above all tutorials and introductions! Thanks for hanging around guys!
    Deeply appreciate your Q&A and info spreading!

Can’t wait to play with dem Neuro bass sounds haha

• @Slam_Cut said:

@Samu said:

btw. does NS2 support classic 'step recording' (ie. enable recording without transport and use the keyboard(either onscreen or midi) to input notes and maybe even add rests and ties?

This is something for peeps like me who love to use the keyboard to input notes but suck at playing live :D
    (It's also something I use all the time in Logic Pro X).

• @Samu said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@Samu said:

btw. does NS2 support classic 'step recording' (ie. enable recording without transport and use the keyboard(either onscreen or midi) to input notes and maybe even add rests and ties?

This is something for peeps like me who love to use the keyboard to input notes but suck at playing live :D

Step recording should be a mantory feature for any sequencer.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@Samu said:

Would love to see this in NS2, or added later

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@Samu said:

AU midi was going to be my saviour for this feature, until AU midi seems to have become shoved back down the ranks of importance by developers.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

AU midi was going to be my saviour for this feature, until AU midi seems to have become shoved back down the ranks of importance by developers.

Step-Recording/Step-Note-Entry and Step-Sequencing are not the same thing :)

Think if this as entering note/notes one step at the time with option to tie the note/notes to the next step or add a rest based on the chosen 'step length'.

• edited December 2018

currently no

This is something for peeps like me who love to use the keyboard to input notes but suck at playing live

i know what you're talking about, i suck too :-)) realtime qantisation + half tempo usually does the job for me :))

• Yep> @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Think if this as entering note/notes one step at the time with option to tie the note/notes to the next step or add a rest based on the chosen 'step length'.

Yes I know what it is. I’m pretty sure it would be possible by AU mi> @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yep, I know what it is. I’m pretty sure it would have been possible by AU midi with the right AU midi setup.

• @StevePAL said:
    Was supposed to do two more things before launch: prep videos that showcase some of the IAP patches. And some "getting-started" videos. Will try my best to get those out in the next 2 days guys!

The IAP won’t need video. A quick SC demo of some presets if you feel compelled, but I think most people who get the Free IAP pack will be able to tell the quality of the sounds.
    Getting Started videos are always welcome, for nearly any app. So many apps, so little time...

• @Samu said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@Samu said:

I know it tisn’t the same thing, but I find adding jotes to the piano roll really quick and easy. FWIW.

• edited December 2018

Yeah, playing it real time or entering notes in a well-designed piano roll pretty much covers things for me. Not to mention a score editor, as I'm not expecting that here.

• Will there be an arpeggiator of any kind on this Ms2?

This discussion has been closed.