Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Comments

• Anyone know if the preorder is a special price and if so what the price will be after lauch? Although I trust this dev I somehow would like to see if this app is really for me. So video reviews. After the experience with BM3 that became free a short time after launch I have my doubts spending money on such a relative expensive app.

• @mannix said:

Anyone know if the preorder is a special price and if so what the price will be after lauch? Although I trust this dev I somehow would like to see if this app is really for me. So video reviews. After the experience with BM3 that became free a short time after launch I have my doubts spending money on such a relative expensive app.

From what I read, this is the final price.
    And there will be no sale in a long time.
    And it will sure never be free.

• edited December 2018

@mannix said:

Anyone know if the preorder is a special price and if so what the price will be after lauch? Although I trust this dev I somehow would like to see if this app is really for me. So video reviews. After the experience with BM3 that became free a short time after launch I have my doubts spending money on such a relative expensive app.

It's the same £28.99 price as launch, and I don't believe the price is planned to be raised after launch, either. If you buy the extra IAP drum/synth packs on top, you will be paying in total around the £40 equivalent price of the other main DAWs.

• So does it support scales, both in the keyboard and in the pianoroll editor? @dendy you seem to be "in the loop" so you must know ;)

• edited December 2018

@kinkujin: yeah, 4 years members of "secret society", steve probably a bit more .. sometimes it was really hard to tell just things which aready matt revealed on public forums .. deadly spy-game :-D And there is more of us, ancient beigns silently watching in shadows, prepared to eat your souls :trollface:

Or at least prepared to help with "how to" questions after release :smiley:

@SevenSystems said:
    So does it support scales, both in the keyboard and in the pianoroll editor? @dendy you seem to be "in the loop" so you must know ;)

For now partially. Scales are applied (also visually of course) in Obsidian (and AU instrumetn and MIDI out instrument) keyboard, but selected scale for now doesn't affect piano roll visualisation

• I think this might be a DAW destroyer. Sounds luscious and Cubasis and BM3 have both been glitching out on me recently. Waiting for the reviews first before I take the plunge though :p

• @dendy said:

@SevenSystems said:
    So does it support scales, both in the keyboard and in the pianoroll editor? @dendy you seem to be "in the loop" so you must know ;)

For now partially. Scales are applied (also visually of course) in Obsidian (and AU instrumetn and MIDI out instrument) keyboard, but selected scale for now doesn't affect piano roll.

Ah OK, too bad... so at least Xequence keeps one unique "standout" feature sequencer-wise :D

• @SevenSystems wasn’t you in the loop a while back?

• @LeeB said:
    @SevenSystems wasn’t you in the loop a while back?

Very briefly at the beginning, yeah. Started moving between countries all the time and fell "out of the loop" again. Nevertheless, I still followed announcements with great interest on the old forum. :)

• @SevenSystems ah o.k. Well it got there in the end. It was well worth the wait :)

• @LeeB said:
    @SevenSystems ah o.k. Well it got there in the end. It was well worth the wait :)

Yes, I'll be getting it on Friday of course. It's a bit strange for me because NS2 is now essentially competition (working on a Xequence-based DAW myself), but all business stuff aside, Matt is of course a friggin genius and as the Germans say "Ehre wem Ehre gebührt". :)

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@mannix said:

It's the same £28.99 price as launch, and I don't believe the price is planned to be raised after launch, either. If you buy the extra IAP drum/synth packs on top, you will be paying in total around the £40 equivalent price of the other main DAWs.

@tja said:

@mannix said:

From what I read, this is the final price.
    And there will be no sale in a long time.
    And it will sure never be free.

@Michael_R_Grant and @tja Thanks! :)
    Gives a good feeling, will be waiting for the video reviews for now. My experience is that new apps can be thoroughly hyped on this forum and if you don't watch out you buy apps that you in the end never use. And as said before this price is for me not cheap though it could be worth it in the end if it fit my needs.

• @dendy said:
    For now partially. Scales are applied (also visually of course) in Obsidian (and AU instrumetn and MIDI out instrument) keyboard

That will do for me. Great stuff.

• Ok so forgive me in advance.. I bought this right away, but something just hit me. I’m ok waiting on the audio tracks but we won’t be able to timestretch any samples to match host tempo?

• @Chaztrip said:
    Ok so forgive me in advance.. I bought this right away, but something just hit me. I’m ok waiting on the audio tracks but we won’t be able to timestretch any samples to match host tempo?

Currently not, no timestretch ...

• edited December 2018

@StevePAL said:

@AudioGus said:
    From the sounds of it I will use ns2 and bm3 for sketching, sometimes both at the same time via link. In the end stems will likely be exported to desktop at which point bm3 will be synchronized with my desktop daw via 'good enough' midi clock playback triggering for overdubs along with modstep for additional sequencing. All just limbs.

Visions of the old days of behemeth workstation synths and samplers daisychained to midi sequencers!

Don't know if this counts for much but found working in NS2 brought me right back to those magic early days (yes, I know there wasn't much magic in SCSI or midi sync... the magic was in everything else!). Honestly, resurrected my love of music. May sound like shameless hype but it is in fact entirely true. Something about being able to create awesome stuff with such a simple and intuitive interface... it's something I didn't realize held me back from a lot more complicated setups (which I have, and have used a ton, but let collect dust over the years).

Yah I hear yah. I tend to oscillate between minimal and maximal setups. I get something new like Gadget or BM3 and just get absorbed into the elegant potential of one app but after a while the tricks and leg room of the past setups start calling me back and then the cables come out etc. I am pretty sure that NS2 will be a huge focus puller that absorbs me for a while but these days no track is complete for me without some Stutter Edit so the daw phase will remain for sure.

• @Peter321 said:
    Awesome, now if only all the KORG instruments I've bought where AuV3 instead of IAA...

If Korg made their synths AUv3 there would be a whole lot of happy people, including me for sure! .

• @Slam_Cut said:

@Peter321 said:
    Awesome, now if only all the KORG instruments I've bought where AuV3 instead of IAA...

If Korg made their synths AUv3 there would be a whole lot of happy people, including me for sure! .

They could have turned the whole game upside down. Why should they ;)

• @dendy said:

what NS2 can and BM3 can't

• midi files import/export

I am a bit confused by this. One can export midi files into BM3, although it is very finicky about what kind of midi it accepts (not great). I am hoping that NS2 will prove less so.

• edited December 2018

@ALB
    am a bit confused by this. One can export midi files into BM3

Ah ok, didn't know that,i was searching midi import (and export) in BM3 for half hour and didn't found it there :))

There should be any problems with importing midi in NS2, it should support MID bothI files type 0 and 1 .. you drag'n'drop midi file from internal app file browser into sequencer track, it asks you if you want import all stuff into that single track or if you want create automatically new tracks for every midi file channel.

It also asks you if you want import tempo and time signature changes from midi file into NS2 tempo / time signature tracks. We tested this with many midi files, it worked always rock solid.

Just for example, i did this track the way that i just imported MIDI file of that song which i downloaded from somewhere, and then i just tweaked instruments on individual tracks and addded just some minor stuff :) So basically the sequence part (notes) is at 95% imported MIDI file :)

• @dendy said:

@ALB
    am a bit confused by this. One can export midi files into BM3

Ah ok, didn't know that,i was searching midi import (and export) in BM3 for half hour and didn't found it there :))

There should be any problems with importing midi in NS2, it should support MID bothI files type 0 and 1 .. you drag'n'drop midi file from internal app file browser into sequencer track, it asks you if you want import all stuff into that single track or if you want create automatically new tracks for every midi file channel.

It also asks you if you want import tempo and time signature changes from midi file into NS2 tempo / time signature tracks. We tested this with many midi files, it worked always rock solid.

Just for example, i did this track the way that i just imported MIDI file of that song which i downloaded from somewhere, and then i just tweaked instruments on individual tracks and addded just some minor stuff :) So basically the sequence part (notes) is at 95% imported MIDI file :)

Good to hear - looking forward to NS2.

• @AudioGus said:

@StevePAL said:

@AudioGus said:
    but these days no track is complete for me without some Stutter Edit so the daw phase will remain for sure.

Somebody else that uses Stutter Edit! So funny you mention it. Half the time I launch Cubase just to load up Stutter. It's brilliant!

• @StevePAL said:

@AudioGus said:

@StevePAL said:

@AudioGus said:
    but these days no track is complete for me without some Stutter Edit so the daw phase will remain for sure.

Somebody else that uses Stutter Edit! So funny you mention it. Half the time I launch Cubase just to load up Stutter. It's brilliant!

Awesome, I kept dropping it here on the forum lately hoping to find the other! For me it has been part of the final mixing pass but I am thinking there may be a point soon where I just iOS bounce out some tracks and then use Stutter edit to make some samples and feed them back into the iOS phase.

• This Popcorn demo sounded really good to me, almost like a professional mix. I wasn't too interested first, after reading no audio tracks, no timestretching. I might reconsider, if builtin sounds are this good.

• @SevenSystems said:

@LeeB said:
    @SevenSystems ah o.k. Well it got there in the end. It was well worth the wait :)

Yes, I'll be getting it on Friday of course. It's a bit strange for me because NS2 is now essentially competition (working on a Xequence-based DAW myself), but all business stuff aside, Matt is of course a friggin genius and as the Germans say "Ehre wem

@SevenSystems
    Please enable time signature odd bar insertion in your next DAW!

• @dendy and @Slam_Cut I cannot register in the NS forum.
    Could you please ask Matt to NOT directly drop the original nanostudio from the App Store as soon as NS2 is available?

I am in the process of aquiring an iPad Mini 4 with iOS 10 to be able to still run nanostudio!
    It would be massively frustrating to finally get one and then not being able to install nanostudio.

Would be nice if you could communicate this. :)

• I’ll pass it along. Usually Matt is good at giving advance warning. The last time it was discussed, I think someone broughtbup the point that if Matt took itnoff the Appstore, that would only affect new purchasers. People who already bought it would still be able to download it. I haven’t double checked that Apple Policy, and you know... it’s Apple, so...

• Congrats Ian on a mammoth job well done! Is the new updated Manual available? Thanx, Elektrik Diva

• @tja said:
    @dendy and @Slam_Cut I cannot register in the NS forum.
    Could you please ask Matt to NOT directly drop the original nanostudio from the App Store as soon as NS2 is available?

I am in the process of aquiring an iPad Mini 4 with iOS 10 to be able to still run nanostudio!
    It would be massively frustrating to finally get one and then not being able to install nanostudio.

Would be nice if you could communicate this. :)

@tja Matt intends to leave NS1 up on the AppStore for "Kids" that inherit their parents iDevices. So NS1 should be available for the foreseeable future.

This discussion has been closed.