Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is a reliable lightning to USB-C adapter for my iPad Pro?

edited December 2018 in Other

so I can use my guitar with Reamp :) So I need a lightning FEMALE to USB-C male in my case cause I have the Apogee Jam...

Comments

• Do you have the USB cable? If so, just get a USB-C to USB-A adapter or a hub.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    Do you have the USB cable? If so, just get a USB-C to USB-A adapter or a hub.

I have a cable coming from the Apogee Jam that is lightning male and I was just plugging it into my phone. So I need an adapter from that to USB-C so I can plug it into my iPad Pro (2018)

• I would just get one of the Apple ones when it comes to my music tools. Yeah they cost a bit more, but you know they work. When I'm in the heat of the moment writing a track, I hate it needing to stop to troubleshoot things because I tried to save a few bucks.

• @Tarekith said:
    I would just get one of the Apple ones when it comes to my music tools. Yeah they cost a bit more, but you know they work. When I'm in the heat of the moment writing a track, I hate it needing to stop to troubleshoot things because I tried to save a few bucks.

good point! But I don't see this on the Apple site either. I'm thinking there isn't such a thing. I did find this but I'm not sure it would pass the audio through properly. If it does, it would be perfect.

• Seems you might need something like this: Cable Matters USB C to Micro USB Cable (Micro USB to USB-C Cable) with Braided Jacket 3.3 Feet in Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UUBRX0Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_W-XbCbM3FB4KY

Maybe contact apogee to see if the can offer you a cable for the unit to connect to your iPad Pro 2018

• @gkillmaster said:
    good point! But I don't see this on the Apple site either. I'm thinking there isn't such a thing. I did find this but I'm not sure it would pass the audio through properly. If it does, it would be perfect.

I was just at the Apple store today and saw they had them, so I know it's out there.

• edited December 2018

I need one end to be female lightning, female lightning to USB-C:

Apogee doesn't sell the adapter I need :(

• Ok, I'm an idiot then. Totally misunderstood what you were asking for. Sorry.

• edited December 2018

I wouldn’t use this converter. It probably will introduce artifacts. Try the cable i linked to or this one from Belkin:
    https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/product/HHST2ZM/B/belkin-usb-c-to-micro-b-cable-usb-31

But seriously I’d contact Apogee and see what they recommend.

• @echoopera said:
    I wouldn’t use this converter. It probably will introduce artifacts. Try the cable i linked to or this one from Belkin:
    https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/product/HHST2ZM/B/belkin-usb-c-to-micro-b-cable-usb-31

But seriously I’d contact Apogee and see what they recommend.

Thanks, I did. They don't have this adapter or an accessory that will allow this. I'm sure it will happen in time as more people need these...

• Why not just get the micro usb to usb c cable then? Seems the most direct for the device.

• edited December 2018

@echoopera said:
    Why not just get the micro usb to usb c cable then? Seems the most direct for the device.

Unfortunately, on the older Jams Apogee uses proprietary cables so micro USB won't help. All it would take is the Apogee USB cable I linked above and a commonly available USB-C to USB-A adapter or a USB-C hub.

• @echoopera said:
    Why not just get the micro usb to usb c cable then? Seems the most direct for the device.

I think I get what you are saying now. The cable provided my Apogee is micro usb? I had assumed it was proprietary cause the connector has little clips in it. hmmm. guess it could be worth a try. Something like this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Micro-B-CableCreation-Compatible-MacBook-External/dp/B074V368JM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544016279&sr=8-3&keywords=USB-C+to+Micro-B+Cable&th=1

I looked at the Jam specs but it doesn't specifically state that the amp connector is micro USB...
    Thanks!

• edited December 2018

The cable for the original Apogee Jam looks like a proprietary cable to me (not micro-USB)

• edited December 2018

The new apogee jam 96k is standard micro-USB from what I can tell, but I think @gkillmaster has the older model, no?

• @Hmtx said:
    The new apogee jam 96k is standard micro-USB from what I can tell, but I think @gkillmaster has the older model, no?

Yeh, I have the JAM 96K. Apparently the weird little clip connector is called HIROSE. Just got this response from Apogee:

"At this time, we are still testing the compatibility of our devices with the new iPad Pro and USB-C capability.

The Jam 96k is compatible with the new iPad Pro as an input device.
    In terms of connecting to the iPad, the Jam 96k would need a HIROSE connection to USB-C. To my knowledge, the easiest way to to this would be to purchase a USB to USB-C adapter."

We recommend the Apple brand: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter