Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 pre-order link

Comments

• Link isn't working for me...

• Take the quotes off-!

• Working now, sorry. Cut/paste added quote marks!

• This isn't gonna jump up to $50 or anything like that in two days is it?

• @oat_phipps said:
    This isn't gonna jump up to $50 or anything like that in two days is it?

Nope, this is the price. 🙂

• I need to wait till after christmas (don’t have enough store credits left for pre-order) unless ’Santa’ sends me a promo-code LOL!

• Does it record and edit audio tracks, or just midi?

• That is a quite good app description.
    Looks and sounds so awesome.
    Can’t wait to finally get to try it.

• @mistercharlie

No audio tracks until mid-2019, but you can resample internally, or import samples from elsewhere.

Perhaps we need an FAQ for folks who don't have time to read mega threads?

• It looks to be an extremely powerful alternative DAW. Just not sure if I should spend the money yet and if it'll add any capabilities I might not have already.

I haven't really paid all that much attention to the Nano 2 hype since I only briefly used the first one , so don't have much of a connection or history with it. Does it do anything in particular that other daws don't do well (eg. stagelight) or does it mostly have the same features, just presented in a different way, perhaps more powerful, deeper or sleeker interface or better built in instruments?

I'm still trying to get used to Stagelight, though I like and have used gadget and Caustic the most. The interface looks very inviting , more so than SL for my tastes. It's definitely tempting.

• I'd love something nearly as powerful as Beatmaker 3, but organized in a slightly less convoluted way for someone like me who has trouble breaking out of my daw comfort zone into something with completely different workflow paradigms.
    From what I've seen so far, Nano2 looks like it could certainly check a lot of the right boxes.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Does it record and edit audio tracks, or just midi?

you can record audio from external inout and put it to sampler .. there is also basic audio editor (fades, volume, setting loop points, copy / paste / delete, grid with quantisation for precise selections, pretty efficient capable quickly edit up to one hours long audio files)

althought no true audio tracks, they will be added in summer next year

• @ZenKier said:
    It looks to be an extremely powerful alternative DAW. Just not sure if I should spend the money yet and if it'll add any capabilities I might not have already.

I haven't really paid all that much attention to the Nano 2 hype since I only briefly used the first one , so don't have much of a connection or history with it. Does it do anything in particular that other daws don't do well (eg. stagelight) or does it mostly have the same features, just presented in a different way, perhaps more powerful, deeper or sleeker interface or better built in instruments?

I'm still trying to get used to Stagelight, though I like and have used gadget and Caustic the most. The interface looks very inviting , more so than SL for my tastes. It's definitely tempting.

@ZenKier : I’m trying to get used to SL too. Have you tried “Sampleverse “ yet?

• @dendy said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Does it record and edit audio tracks, or just midi?

you can record audio from external inout and put it to sampler .. there is also basic audio editor (fades, volume, setting loop points, copy / paste / delete, grid with quantisation for precise selections, pretty efficient capable quickly edit up to one hours long audio files)

althought no true audio tracks, they will be added in summer next year

Is there a separate sampler, or does everything run through Obsidian?

• @Zetagy said:
    First-!

Hehe ;)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/581982/#Comment_581982

Over two hours more early than you :)
    I prepaid even before the first mention in the nanostudio forum.

Got wake for some reason and did bite.

• edited December 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Is there a separate sampler, or does everything run through Obsidian?

Obsidian contains classic sampler, with zones and stuff like that... But there is other instrument called Slate which is basically drum sampler (like NI Battery for example) so you can put your samples (even very long ones, as temporsry replacement for true audio tracks) also there. And tweak them with amp, pitch envelopes, waveshaper per pad, filter per pad, 4 fx busses, up to 3 sample layers per pad... you know what i mean :-)

• No entry price, no audio tracks, no..yes..no
    I remember that I loved NS1, composed some stunning tracks there..
    I’m going to support this one, give me Good Feelings

• @rafaelollero said:
    give me Good Feelings

I’m pretty sure I saw in the AppStore description that “Good Feelings” was listed as one of the features. I’m pretty sure about that... 😊😊

• @ZenKier said:
    I'd love something nearly as powerful as Beatmaker 3, but organized in a slightly less convoluted way for someone like me who has trouble breaking out of my daw comfort zone into something with completely different workflow paradigms.
    From what I've seen so far, Nano2 looks like it could certainly check a lot of the right boxes.

It’s hard to say without knowing your preferred workflow, but if you are uncertain about it, wait until after it launches (Dec 7) and see what people who were on fence have to say after they try it. All apps have some degree of a learning curve, and depending upon the experience of the user this will vary, but I have a feeling that most people will find it very easy to use.

• Preordering the shit out of this one.. first music app purchase of 2018!

• Looks like the dev has decided to squeeze this one in before x mas despite the audio track side of things not being finished. I guess that's a good stop gap for those who have been actively waiting for it for so long.

I just hope this ain't gonna bite him in the butt with 'what? Daw with no audio tracks?' type appstore reviews.

• @supadom said:
    Looks like the dev has decided to squeeze this one in before x mas despite the audio track side of things not being finished. I guess that's a good stop gap for those who have been actively waiting for it for so long.

I just hope this ain't gonna bite him in the butt with 'what? Daw with no audio tracks?' type appstore reviews.

Its a very good point.

• “What, a DAW with no audio tracks!?!” LOL.

But seriously, a DAW with no audio tracks.

Took the hype right out of it for this guitar player. No IAA/Audiobus. Stagelight has audio and works with Tonebridge, a free version of AmpKit+, but also no IAA/Audiobus. They say a 4.1 update will include it.

• edited December 2018

@AmpApps said:
    “What, a DAW with no audio tracks!?!” LOL.

Just few points to this:

• you have lot other options if audio tracks are essential for you workflow. Dev very clearly stated why audio tracks are not in initial release and WHEN they will be added. And they WILL be added, believe. They are in queue.
    • there is a lot of DAWs which were for years without audio tracks functionality (Reason on desktop, Gadget on iOS). This didn't hold on people from creating great music with them ;) A hell lot of great music.
    • there is well known workaround how to work with audio loops or shorter sequneces of audio, used in NS1, described many times, which works for many people. So if you want, there is way, until you really don't need very long audio tracks (in terms of minutes long)
    • App description in appstore even don't states it is "DAW" but "Music production enviroment"

So - no reason to be negative. It's always just about choice, about priorities what is for you important and what isn't. No need for strong emotions or strong words. There is a significan amount of people who never needed audio tracks for their production and who did outstanding tracks ;)

• @dendy said:

@AmpApps said:
    “What, a DAW with no audio tracks!?!” LOL.

Just few points to this:

• you have lot other options if audio tracks are essential for you workflow. Dev very clearly stated why audio tracks are not in initial release and WHEN they will be added. And they WILL be added, believe. They are in queue.
    • there is a lot of DAWs which were for years without audio tracks functionality (Reason on desktop, Gadget on iOS). This didn't hold on people from creating great music with them ;) A hell lot of great music.
    • there is well known workaround how to work with audio loops or shorter sequneces of audio, used in NS1, described many times, which works for many people. So if you want, there is way, until you really don't need very long audio tracks (in terms of minutes long)
    • App description in appstore even don't states it is "DAW" but "Music production enviroment"

So - no reason to be negative. It's always just about choice, about priorities what is for you important and what isn't. No need for strong emotions or strong words. There is a significan amount of people who never needed audio tracks for their production and who did outstanding tracks ;)

Again Negative being mentioned, it got nothing to do with negative or positive. Just someone stating some facts.

• Strong claims..only time will tell if it lives up to them. I hope it does.

This is of particular interest

The sequencer supports tempo and time signature tracks (including tempo ramps) and Ableton Link.

However, 6 years of development and audio tracks not ready yet ? The above would make audio recording technically difficult.
    Is this another Gadget scenario where audio tracks took far too long to appear after being promised, and when they did they were not proper audio tracks ?

• @mireko_2 said:
    Preordering the shit out of this one.. first music app purchase of 2018!

hehe Hopefully, last app purchase of 2018.

First pre-order of 2018.

• edited December 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    This is of particular interest

The sequencer supports tempo and time signature tracks (including tempo ramps) and Ableton Link.

However, 6 years of development and audio tracks not ready yet ? The above would make audio recording technically difficult.

Very good point. Yeah this is one of main reasons why audio tracks were postponed.

If Matt is doing something, he is doing it properly. Without compromises. So for sure proper handling of stuff you mentioned will be for sure part of solution ;)

Remember he is one man company, he is doing everything alone - app design, UI graphics, coding. I was member of beta team last 4 years and i can tell you that guy worked hard. Like REALLY hard. There is incredible amount of stuff hidden inside. Think just about that grouping dragndroping track nesting stuff - when you will see it in work you will understand. There is nothing even remotely close to this on iOS.

I'm sad when i see that somebody takes out of contex single feature and starts claiminh things like "look, that many years and this single one feature isn't there". Sorry but there is soo much features packed inside that i even can uderstand how he managed do it in just 6 years. That is for me magic.

Is this another Gadget scenario where audio tracks took far too long to appear after being promised, and when they did they were not proper audio tracks ?

Believe me, audio tracks will be anything like gadget crippled implementation :-)) I'm pretry sure everybody who is now complainig will be amazed and mind blowed then. Until then, other people who don't need audio tracks can do with NS huge amout of freat music. I'm looking forward to that music...

This discussion has been closed.