Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Poll] How do you think about Mega-Threads in the forum? Do you read them?

2»

Comments

• It would be more efficient if there was a category for App Information where people could share their experience with an app (if it’s already available,) ask questions about it and have them answered by the developer or knowledgable users. No chatting. No debating. No speculation. No complaints about the product or pricing. If it’s a personal issue with the app, ask the question and then accept the answer whatever it is. Once a question has been definitively answered, like whether it’s AUv3, has audio tracks, or comes with a matching set of luggage, that topic is closed.

Probably not going to happen, but scanning for useful info is still an option.

• I don't care how long threads are, if it's something I'm interested in I'll follow it as best I can. Though if I miss something, not too worried about it either.

• @Korakios said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    What exactly is a mega thread?

Example:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23487/groove-rider-gr-16-released/p1

I don’t mind reading 100 pages from the beginning. The problem on those threads is that comments are outdated (bugs , requests, GUI ) ,all changing.... plus there is no proper search thread tool

Micheal is one guy.

I rather have a less than ideal forum and the actual developer be part of it then a perfect automated social media like forum and no connection with the brain behind the reason I am here.

Not being a dick , just my take

I don't do social media so this is just perfect for what I need

My attention span is best on the moment anyway. LOL

• It would be nice to have a Category for "App Talk" and one for each major app:

Cubasis
    BeatMaker3

But ideally each App Thread would have a curator that edits and keeps the thread well maintained... pruning dead branches, etc.
    I'd assume only folks deeply invested in a given app would stay on top of a Thread. Of course, newbies would enter ask for help but a curator could organize the FAQ's and keep them near the top of the thread.

• Only the Drambo one.

Albeit I did go through AudioLayer mega thread and it was quite fun. Especially when folks would request something that only 2 pages done would have been implemented and released.

Time machine kind of stuff.

I’m certainly not reading through this one...;)

• Let's just keep this thread going, shall we?

• edited December 2018

I see what you did there ALB

• I didn't vote or read this thread because I don't usually read long threads but I also don't care about stagelight.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    What exactly is a mega thread?

AKA rope.
    ;)

• @McDtracy said:
    It would be nice to have a Category for "App Talk" and one for each major app:

Cubasis
    BeatMaker3

But ideally each App Thread would have a curator that edits and keeps the thread well maintained... pruning dead branches, etc.
    I'd assume only folks deeply invested in a given app would stay on top of a Thread. Of course, newbies would enter ask for help but a curator could organize the FAQ's and keep them near the top of the thread.

Really boils down to how much time a moderator can devote to it. I don't think it's possible, but if the creator of a thread could be its moderator, then if a new app is coming out, that member could start a thread in the App Talk category for it with the intention that it's going to be lean and clean---as that special category demands. They could even keep an update on top that's a list of what's been discussed. If someone else wants to start another App Talk thread on the same app, that's fine.

I think this forum is really more a social media site for iOS music-makers. It serves that purpose well and is a gift to the community. If we're looking for specific info on an app, we can either ask a question or go scanning.

• @OscarSouth said:
    I didn't vote or read this thread because I don't usually read long threads but I also don't care about stagelight.

How come? (re: Stagelight)
    I am not interested either, by the way.
    And I am not sure why.

• @CracklePot said:

@OscarSouth said:
    I didn't vote or read this thread because I don't usually read long threads but I also don't care about stagelight.

And I am not sure why.

How many DAWs do we need?

• @OscarSouth said:

@CracklePot said:

@OscarSouth said:

And I am not sure why.

Yeah, I think that may be it. I already use Cubasis and Xequence, trying to use BM3 and apeMatrix more, use Audiobus and AUM for pretty much everything.
    I guess I don’t feel that I need it all that much, either.

I had to ask because there is obviously some excitement around Stagelight. I guess we just don’t feel it.

• @CracklePot said:

@OscarSouth said:

@CracklePot said:

@OscarSouth said:

And I am not sure why.

Yeah, I think that may be it. I already use Cubasis and Xequence, trying to use BM3 and apeMatrix more, use Audiobus and AUM for pretty much everything.

I had to ask because there is obviously some excitement around Stagelight. I guess we just don’t feel it.

The cool thing about Stagelight DAW is it's GUI works well on iPhones and it's cross platform (iOS, MacOS, Windows and Android) which is cool if you have for example an iPhone and a Windows computer.

• @mannix said:

@CracklePot said:

@OscarSouth said:

@CracklePot said:

@OscarSouth said:

And I am not sure why.

The cool thing about Stagelight DAW is it's GUI works well on iPhones and it's cross platform (iOS, MacOS, Windows and Android) which is cool if you have for example an iPhone and a Windows computer.

Now that I get. Not much DAW action for iPhone only peeps.
    I also wonder if it is better suited for AU centric workflow, since it is new.
    It seems designed to work primarily with AU, but I am not really sure.