Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 new video!!!

Comments

• @dendy said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    do you know if you can route AUv3 midi fx to any channel?

In first release NO, but it's listed in (not far) furture todo list. MIDI sends ATM works with notes and CC data

Are we talking weeks or months for AUv3 midi FX channel routing. This is an important feature for me along with audio tracks.

• edited December 2018

@[Deleted User] said:
    Are we talking weeks or months for AUv3 midi FX channel routing. This is an important feature for me along with audio tracks.

Audio tracks are sheduled for summer 2019. Regarding AUv3 midi FX -> sequencer track routing, read post above ... so probably just for now, if it is crucial feature for your workflow, you should stay with your current DAW where you are able to record midi FX output to sequencer tracks ...

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615?page=22#comment-35330

Each track mixes its incoming (real-time) MIDI events with the events coming from the song's track and any MIDI receives from other tracks, and then puts them through the MIDI FX before they're sent to the synth. So you can regard them as a playback effect - they can be changed during playback and those changes will be reflected in what gets sent to the synth.

There's a good argument for also having the option of using them as 'record effects' (ie. they get applied when events are recorded to the track) rather than being applied on playback, but I haven't had a chance to implement that.

• @dendy said:

@fattigman said:
    I’ll buy it to support the dev, without audio it won’t be useful for me, but the dev ”promised” to implement audio after release. I think/hope this thing will live up to the hype.

You bet it will be. Actually it was mentioned that part of audio tracks inmplementation (hidden core functionalities inside app engine related to audio tracks playback) is atready implemented, so it's more about creating proper UI plus plus finishing some related tasks. Wait till summer 2019 and audio tracks will be there ;)

Btw you work with very lonk audio tracks ? Becuase in case you work more like with shorter loops, there is well known workaround which was used in NS1 and which is useable also in NS2 - you can put audio loops insdide pad sampler and trigger them from sequencer by long notes ;)

I almost always use vocals that’s why audio is important to me. It’s great that it may already be implemented.

• edited December 2018

EDIT: Just got word back from Matt that it will work on Pros. But optimisation comes later.

Phew!

• @dendy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Audio tracks are sheduled for summer 2019. Regarding AUv3 midi FX -> sequencer track routing, read post above ... so probably just for now, if it is crucial feature for your workflow, you should stay with your current DAW where you are able to record midi FX output to sequencer tracks ...

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615?page=22#comment-35330

Each track mixes its incoming (real-time) MIDI events with the events coming from the song's track and any MIDI receives from other tracks, and then puts them through the MIDI FX before they're sent to the synth. So you can regard them as a playback effect - they can be changed during playback and those changes will be reflected in what gets sent to the synth.

There's a good argument for also having the option of using them as 'record effects' (ie. they get applied when events are recorded to the track) rather than being applied on playback, but I haven't had a chance to implement that.

Yeah, will wait for sure until at least mid FX routing implemented. If you find out when that happens would be great to post it here. Cheers.

• Unless I'm mistaken, I think the launch version will work on iPad Pro, no? I thought the later update would be to visually optimize it for the larger screen etc.

• edited December 2018

@SpookyZoo said:
    comment Edited
    EDIT: Just got word back from Matt that it will work on Pros. But optimisation comes later.

• @SpookyZoo said:

Phew!

Huh?

• @kinkujin said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Phew!

Huh?

• Ok, great. Cheers.

• @fattigman said:
    I almost always use vocals that’s why audio is important to me. It’s great that it may already be implemented.

Users use audio clips in the Slate performance pads. These clips can be realllllllllly long, so the use is limited only by the imagination, I think. Then trigger the clips in the sequencer or play them live on the pads. Not true Audio Tracks, but for now... not bad.

• This looks solid!!!!! And fun.... Do we have a price yet???

• Yeah is was mentioned a while ago on the Nanostudio 2 Update thread (which is really long now). I remember $29.99 and a slightly higher price in euros. I know that I have paid that much for apps that were just synths...

• @reasOne said:
    This looks solid!!!!! And fun.... Do we have a price yet???

$29.99
    $10 IAP for Audio Tracks when it comes out mid year

• It's APPROVED ! Release sheduled to 7th, preoreders from tomorrow.
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/12008#comment-35549

• @LeonKowalski said:
    Please excuse my newbie question, but: is it an open DAW in which I can use AUV3 insruments and effects?

Just be aware that IAA instruments and FX will not work in the 1st release but there are workarounds to include those sounds in your projects as audio. Some say that's a deal breaker but overtime it will become less important as Apps update or you learn to move audio about using AudioShare or other tools.

• @dendy said:
    It's APPROVED ! Release sheduled to 7th, preoreders from tomorrow.

YES! Just so happy to hear this. Waiting in line to throw money at Blip!!!!

• @kinkujin said:

@dendy said:
    It's APPROVED ! Release sheduled to 7th, preoreders from tomorrow.

YES! Just so happy to hear this. Waiting in line to throw money at Blip!!!!

Holy cow !!!!!! :)

• First of all, @ExAsperis99 is entitled to his opinion. I may not agree with him, but as well I won't get on his case about it.

@ExAsperis99 , product demos rarely show off what an app is truly capable of, and the demos usually cater to teens looking to mimic what's hot in the charts from the past five years. However, that's not all that NS2 is capable of. I have MANY plans for NS2. Of course I plan some EDM tracks, but I've done that type of music in Gadget already.

Rather, I'm planning some generative/stochastic installation pieces that span hours at a time. I also plan some musique concrete pieces as well as tonal and atonal ambient/spatialisation pieces. You won't hear that in a product demo video, because such genres don't appeal to the common denominator but rather nerds like me, lol.

I've also landed my first documentary scoring gig and plan to use NS2 in conjunction with Lumafusion to get the job done. NS2 is capable of so much more than dated genres.

• @McDtracy said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Please excuse my newbie question, but: is it an open DAW in which I can use AUV3 insruments and effects?

Just be aware that IAA instruments and FX will not work in the 1st release but there are workarounds to include those sounds in your projects as audio. Some say that's a deal breaker but overtime it will become less important as Apps update or you learn to move audio about using AudioShare or other tools.

Thank you, good to know.

• My post misread the room. It meant only to slightly temper the over-the-top enthusiasm for the app. To me? I see that video and I'm surprised people are totally psyched. I don't want to pee in the punchbowl. I don't think I've EVER seen an iOS app video that excites me (even the TriqTraq one with the metal straw is dopey).

And while I've completely derailed this lovefest for NS2, can I ask (as long as we're talking about musicmaking commercials): What's up with the puffy sleeves on the guy playing the Roli Seaboard??

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    What's up with the puffy sleeves on the guy playing the Roli Seaboard??

It's Seaboard

https://media.giphy.com/media/B5fTjyTKjb5te/giphy.gif

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    My post misread the room. It meant only to slightly temper the over-the-top enthusiasm for the app. To me? I see that video and I'm surprised people are totally psyched. I don't want to pee in the punchbowl. I don't think I've EVER seen an iOS app video that excites me (even the TriqTraq one with the metal straw is dopey).

And while I've completely derailed this lovefest for NS2, can I ask (as long as we're talking about musicmaking commercials): What's up with the puffy sleeves on the guy playing the Roli Seaboard??

The puffy black sleeves are meant to appear similar and remind people of the Seaboard keyboard itself.

• Somehow this NS2 feels a bit like gadget, but with all open gates for everything else... two more days ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    My post misread the room. It meant only to slightly temper the over-the-top enthusiasm for the app. To me? I see that video and I'm surprised people are totally psyched. I don't want to pee in the punchbowl. I don't think I've EVER seen an iOS app video that excites me (even the TriqTraq one with the metal straw is dopey).

You for sure are entitled to your opinion. So have at it. I don't mind opinions based on the fact that you've used product X and don't like feature Y, but if you want to come into a specific NS2 thread and just kind of gripe about a preference based thing like its product video and then continue to say (paraphrased) "I hate all product video's", then your opinion immediately loses value to me. You didn't even comment on anything you SAW in the video, which is what is revealing the most important parts of the product. What did you actually get out of the content of the video OTHER than the song sucked :\

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Looks like Steve Jobs’s old uniform. Prolly has a turtleneck, too. :D

• @ExAsperis99 said:

He's rich. 😂 I dunno.

Anyways, no worries about "derailing the lovefest", lol. Sometimes enthusiam needs a bit of curbing to keep the rest of us "sober". Cheers mate. ;)

• Nanostudio?
    Should be called MEGAstudio!

I was really digging the low end in the demo video.
    Really nice bass coming from that synth (or maybe those were samples?).

• @CracklePot said:
    Nanostudio?
    Should be called MEGAstudio!

I was really digging the low end in the demo video.
    Really nice bass coming from that synth (or maybe those were samples?).

Yeah this is what I feared too, but maybe the obsidian is a neurofunks dream?!
    I am curious if i need another pack of dem presets for my DnB hunger/needs

This discussion has been closed.