Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 new video!!!

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Quite true. But how else are we to judge the app in the absence of the actual app?

The feature list does it for me

• @Chaztrip said:

@david_2017 said:
    Wow! Great
    That Reese bass on 1:17 made my heart rejoice! Wowowowo obsidian seems to be pretty nice synth

Yes that was yummy!!!!

I cross my fingers for some nice Neuro funk bass sounds since I suck at dialing them in my self... but on iOS there aren’t that much synth that are able todo neurofunk (at least I am aware of haha)

• edited December 2018

@ExAsperis99 Don’t know about you, but I’d much rather see a 1 man dev team invest their time into making the app and releasing it ASAP than the demo video, especially for an extremely complex app that doesn’t need slick video ads to sell.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

Unpopular opinion follows; don't @ me.

I mean...really? It looks beautiful. No question. But most of the music in that video was flaccid and dated. I listen to the Klevgrand app videos and I'm like, I want to be the guy who makes that music! This kind of sounds like an employee orientation film soundtrack?

I'm listening to the excellent podcast "Surviving Y2K," and NS2 fever definitely resonates with the millennium frenzy. I hope you all are not disappointed. And I hope you enjoy it! I may even buy it. (Although the new Klev saturator and Aparillo and the impending Drambo are all vying for my credits....)

Different strokes for different folks. The apps you mention being exited about are not even the slightest bit interesting to me. I think it would be nearly impossible to thrill everyone with music on an intro video. We all have different tastes. I thought the music sounded really great. I'll be doing different music with NS2. NS2 can sound any way I want it to. From Classical to Dubstep. Maybe you have a SC link to your music so we can hear examples of music which is not flaccid and dated? I'm always interested to hear something that is "tight and current".

I get it. You're a fan. No need to make this personal. I'm just saying that as an interested observer — I hope this app succeeds, I do! — the total boosterism surrounding it gets a little tiresome.

There was nothing personal. Hope nothing I wrote came across that way. I did find your comments about the music on the intro video to be a bit rude. But I didn't slam you for it.

"the total boosterism surrounding it gets a little tiresome"

OK, then why are you reading this thread? People are excited over this app. No reason to critique our enthusiasm, not that I can see anyway. If you find this thread tiresome, why do you have to tell us that and critique the music made with the app? I don't get what your intention is.

• edited December 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Quite true. But how else are we to judge the app in the absence of the actual app?

Maybe based on overall sound quality which is objective thing and can be judged no matter if you like that particular music (at least if you are pro and are you able to looks at things from different perspective) and not music genre which is strongly subjective matter .. OR based on listed features which is another objective thing..

Music itself. That cannot be more subjective. One likes hiphop, other hates hiphop. One likes future bass, trap, other likes hardcore, hardstyle. People are different. VERY diffeerent, in musical style and prefferences. What is for one super modern cutting edge music, for other is unlistenable crap.

• edited December 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

There’s this little thing called word of mouth, and this other called YouTube reviews.

• edited December 2018

@ohwell said:
    @ExAsperis99 Don’t know about you, but I’d much rather see a 1 man dev team invest their time into making the app and releasing it ASAP than the demo video, especially for an extremely complex app that doesn’t need slick video ads to sell.

You are assuming that Matt made the video?
    "Do you think that's air you're breathing now?"

I'll guess that the vid is not for the experienced AB forum reading iOS musician.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@anickt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

I mean...really? It looks beautiful. No question. But most of the music in that video was flaccid and dated. I listen to the Klevgrand app videos and I'm like, I want to be the guy who makes that music! This kind of sounds like an employee orientation film soundtrack?

I'm listening to the excellent podcast "Surviving Y2K," and NS2 fever definitely resonates with the millennium frenzy. I hope you all are not disappointed. And I hope you enjoy it! I may even buy it. (Although the new Klev saturator and Aparillo and the impending Drambo are all vying for my credits....)

The app doesn’t create the music...

I’ve been making music for a long time. It has never occurred to me, with any app or piece of equipment, that it’s only suited to a particular style of music or that I can’t make something that resonates with me.

My brother had a bass guitar. I can’t play bass guitar to save my life. But I sure as hell ran it through a bunch of pedals and beat the hell out of it with drumsticks in time to my “drum machine” which was a Pong game that I was able to get to loop by placing the “paddles” in the right place.

I see what I can do with NS2. I’m looking forward to it. B)

• My most paused video ever.

• edited December 2018

@AudioGus said:
    My most paused video ever

One guy at FCKB iPad musician group wrote that he broked his spacebar by pausing video :-D

• Forgive me if I couldn’t see it, but Is there a clip arranger like in Stagelight / Ableton?

• @AudioGus said:
    My most paused video ever.

:D :D :D

• edited December 2018

Automation lanes... drool...

• edited December 2018

@Monoboy said:
    Forgive me if I couldn’t see it, but Is there a clip arranger like in Stagelight / Ableton?

No. Just classic linear sequencer, no Live-like session view.

@AudioGus
    Automation lanes... drool...

And multiple clips on same track !

• I’ve not heard one stock tune in any app that I actually like lol.

A stock tune would never put me off an app, but I can understand the sounds not dragging some people in. I felt the same about KEW, but I’ve seen what other peeps can do with it.

That’s what I find costly about iOS apps (in the most part) - I never know if an apps for me until I’ve had a good long play with it.

iOS is getting a better range of hosts / players enough to fulfill most of us over time.

The devil will be in the details for me - how AU midi works in it / what export options it has / how easy it is to backup projects etc etc

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I get it. You're a fan. No need to make this personal. I'm just saying that as an interested observer — I hope this app succeeds, I do! — the total boosterism surrounding it gets a little tiresome.

What he said!!!

• Grouped drool...

• @Slam_Cut said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

Different strokes for different folks. The apps you mention being exited about are not even the slightest bit interesting to me. I think it would be nearly impossible to thrill everyone with music on an intro video. We all have different tastes. I thought the music sounded really great. I'll be doing different music with NS2. NS2 can sound any way I want it to. From Classical to Dubstep. Maybe you have a SC link to your music so we can hear examples of music which is not flaccid and dated? I'm always interested to hear something that is "tight and current".

@Slam_Cut said:

@ohwell said:

You are assuming that Matt made the video?
    "Do you think that's air you're breathing now?"

I'll guess that the vid is not for the experienced AB forum reading iOS musician.

No, I only assumed that Matt — we're all on a first-name basis these days — approved the video.
    I do hope someday to be considered an experienced AB forum reading iOS musician.

• The demo tracks sounds good but not my style too and i would make totally different sounds with NS2 so i don´t really care about them.
    But i´m excited because i saw a lot things in the video which says a lot to me and also about the workflow even before i could take my hands on it (combined with the experience with NS1).
    Of course to judge it really i would need to take my hand on it for some weeks. Obsidian needs to get explored.
    However, the feature list of Obsidian is what makes it for me here. I would pay more for Obsidian alone.
    Yeah, i might sound like a NS fanboy but some people here know how critic i am and a greedy old bastard about judging iOS apps in the last years. :)

• edited December 2018

Mmmm, save FX Chains...

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    what export options its

rendering up to 32bit/96hz master out, or single tracks (you can select if just top-level track (groups) or ALL tracks independenly in whole project, whole song or just selection, all tracks or just unmuted / soloed tracks

/ how easy it is to backup projects etc etc

you can save whole project in "export format" which packs to single file ALL used samples , so it creates self-containing package which you can easy transfer on any other device with NS2, open, and continute with your work without any missing samples ..

• Didn't see a track freeze... any word on track freeze?

• @dendy said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    what export options its

rendering up to 32bit/96hz master out, or single tracks (you can select if just top-level track (groups) or ALL tracks independenly in whole project, whole song or just selection, all tracks or just unmuted / soloed tracks

you can save whole project in "export format" which packs to single file ALL used samples , so it creates self-containing package which you can easy transfer on any other device with NS2, open, and continute with your work without any missing samples ..

Thanks for that info. Those both sound pretty good. Do you know if it has any midi export options?

• edited December 2018

@AudioGus said:
    Didn't see a track freeze... any word on track freeze?

No freeze till yet, some form of freezing will be most probably part of audio track implementation (where it makes sense - freezing is just specific case of audio tracks, so without audio tracks is freeze a bit ... complicated :))

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Thanks for that info. Those both sound pretty good. Do you know if it has any midi export options?

yeah midi export (per tracks) and midi import too

• edited December 2018

Comb filters.....oh i like them. Why are they not in all synths? :)
    The LFO´s looks very flexible and 5 of them plus 5 envelopes and 10 macros is a good way to start.

• I have not been excited about writing on my ipad in quite some time. The spark has officially been lit in my soul!

NS1 was my first love on iOS and she has aged nicely! NS2, I'll never leave you <3

Based on the vid, the things that are most inspiring about the app are the workflows. Everything just makes sense and is laid out in an intuitive way, especially if you are an NS1 user. The MIDI editor was just beautiful, automation lanes and how you can zoom between if you need to.

But I think Slate is what I was blown away most by. An adaptive grid size for the pads!?!? That's effing genius right there. I had never even considered something like that.

• @dendy said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

yeah midi export (per tracks) and midi import too

Great. This is one area I always felt let down in BM3. Seems like this could be a pretty good track starter for me :)

• What drez said!

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    what export options its

Can it run internally at 32 bit float and 96khz if used with an audio device which support the sample rate?

This discussion has been closed.